• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft thread 2019

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's something to be considered about QB's who are able to make really good players exceptional.

Our team, has needs everywhere, it is interesting that the one unit that has the least amount of needs is ST's. That said, we are not going to address all of the team's concerns in one draft. It is because of this that I'll make one last pitch for Kyler Murray.

He is a Game changer and has the ability to make our heretofore weak spots at TE, WR, and a sometime RB group better than what they currently are. This alone buys us time to address the defensive side of the ball this year then upgrade offensively next year.

My ONLY concern is that in drafting this guy, I would have to be willing to go against my own standard in sitting QB's before they are truly ready to start.
any qb we draft in this draft of the top 4 will start sometime in year one . we will trot out colt at the beginning but it wont last

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any qb we draft in this draft of the top 4 will start sometime in year one . we will trot out colt at the beginning but it wont last

Maybe if we get Murray, ole' Colt can get in as many games as was done in Baltimore before they were forced to play Jackson. Flacco played in nine games, Jackson 5 to finish the season.

Uh-Oh, never mind, I just got the news flash that Colt just injured himself sliding his credit card through a CC reader after being informed that he's the new starter!:D

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if we get Murray, ole' Colt can get in as many games as was done in Baltimore before they were forced to play Jackson. Flacco played in nine games, Jackson 5 to finish the season.

Uh-Oh, never mind, I just got the news flash that Colt just injured himself sliding his credit card through a CC reader after being informed that he's the new starter!:D
Why do that Sty? Just play the young QB, take our bumps & bruises year one and don't look back. No need to play Colt moving forward. If we are starting over at QB, let's start over NOW!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do that Sty? Just play the young QB, take our bumps & bruises year one and don't look back. No need to play Colt moving forward. If we are starting over at QB, let's start over NOW!!!
why ? because much like mahomes he learns

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why ? because much like mahomes he learns
Mahomes had the privilege of standing on the sidelines for year. Then, he took over a very talented offense for Andy Reid. Unfortunately, our new signal caller will not have that golden opportunity but learning on the job may very well pan out for our Skins in year 2. We shall see because, its inevitable we draft a QB. We really don't have financial resources to find one otherwise.
It seems our financial woes may force management to draft a QB replacement for Smith which may turn out just fine. Otherwise, we could be moving forward with an over the hill skills eroding QB for the next 3-4 years. This turn of events forces the Skins to draft a QB replacement. I'm ok with that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pennsylvania officials have admitted to finding names of 11,198 non-citizens registered to vote on the state’s rolls

And the left says there is no voter fraud?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, if we haven't learned from the whole RGIII thing then go ahead and throw him, ready or not, to the wolves. It's just an old Sty thing that insists that we sit young QB's, allow them to completely learn the system, playbook and transition into the NFL game. I'm an old dude, but that old "sink or swim" method in the NFL just doesn't sit well with me, especially at QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we haven't learned from the whole RGIII thing then go ahead and throw him, ready or not, to the wolves. It's just an old Sty thing that insists that we sit young QB's, allow them to completely learn the system, playbook and transition into the NFL game. I'm an old dude, but that old "sink or swim" method in the NFL just doesn't sit well with me, especially at QB.
You are right about this but can we ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about this but can we ?

Good point, I almost forgot that putting the new shiny acquisition on display always beats doing the right thing for the player and by extension the team with D. Snyder. #Snydersellsregardless

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, I almost forgot that putting the new shiny acquisition on display always beats doing the right thing for the player and by extension the team. #Snydersells
Hey I am with you but that would require colt starting 16 games

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I am with you but that would require colt starting 16 games

Great, winning in 2019 isn't part of the long term goal anyway. TBH, neither is Colt.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you guys can live in fantasy land but i have seen upteen million game day threads and the fan base , just on this board and others wont accept this . if they would have then why get rid of KC ?

no one has faith that allen and CO can right the ship even if they do tank , which is what you are advocating whether you put make up on it or what .

the problem with your thinking is how are the players gioing to feel about tanking and giving up their jobs to a newbie ?

why would gruden set up a team for his successor ?

allen , the guy in charge says "we are close " why would doug be a willing FO scapegoat ?

these are the things you guys want to ignore

your plan would be great if we had depth and people ready to take over , we dont in most cases