• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Predictions

islander4cups

Franchise dman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well, since all I have to look foward to is the draft, I was interested in seeing who you guys thought would be taken in the top 5.

I believe the picks go
Edmonton
Boston
Florida
Columbus
Islanders

Personally, I'm hoping Fowler or Gubanson will be available for the Isles at 5. What do you guys think the top 5 will go for?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton - Seguin
Boston - Hall
Florida - Fowler
Columbus - Connolly
Islanders - Gudbranson

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the top 5 will look like this:

1) Edmonton - Tyler Seguin
2) Boston - Taylor Hall
3) Florida - Cam Fowler
4) Columbus - Erik Gudbranson
5) Islanders - Brandon Gormley

wart0027

(Insert witty quip here)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I predict the Wild will trade to about 15, then sign a local defenseman and finally trade him during the season.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont follow any hockey but the NHL typically so where does the NHL focus on getting their drafted players? Its not all college is it? They fish out the talent in Europes pro teams also?

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont follow any hockey but the NHL typically so where does the NHL focus on getting their drafted players? Its not all college is it? They fish out the talent in Europes pro teams also?

Most of the players that get drafted play in the CHL which is any Canadian hockey league (WHL, OHL, QMJHL) or the NCAA which is college hockey.

A lot of players from the Swedish league (SEL) get drafted as well and the Finnish league (SM-liiga) but more so the Swedish league.

The Russian league (KHL) is a pretty common league for players to get drafted from as well but there's always a fear that Russian players won't even come over to play in the NHL due to the transfer agreement.

Then there's the other leagues in Europe like the Czech leagues and Swiss leagues where it's less common to see players get drafted from but it happens from time to time.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the players that get drafted play in the CHL which is any Canadian hockey league (WHL, OHL, QMJHL) or the NCAA which is college hockey.

A lot of players from the Swedish league (SEL) get drafted as well and the Finnish league (SM-liiga) but more so the Swedish league.

The Russian league (KHL) is a pretty common league for players to get drafted from as well but there's always a fear that Russian players won't even come over to play in the NHL due to the transfer agreement.

Then there's the other leagues in Europe like the Czech leagues and Swiss leagues where it's less common to see players get drafted from but it happens from time to time.

Thanks Urk. Like i said before..I dont follow close enough to know. I did go to a few Erie Otters games about 12 years ago. I believe thats OHL? The players looked about 17 years old but not sure. ECHL was another League I was interested in years ago when Erie had the Erie Panthers. I was a Johnstown Chiefs fan back then for a time.

Thanks again for the info!

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks Urk. Like i said before..I dont follow close enough to know. I did go to a few Erie Otters games about 12 years ago. I believe thats OHL? The players looked about 17 years old but not sure. ECHL was another League I was interested in years ago when Erie had the Erie Panthers. I was a Johnstown Chiefs fan back then for a time.

Thanks again for the info!

It's no problem man. I don't mind filling you in. :)

And yeah, the Otters are in the OHL.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no problem man. I don't mind filling you in. :)

And yeah, the Otters are in the OHL.

Thx! I ask a lot of questions in case you didnt notice. I dont even wanna try to pretend like I know as much as you guys so hope I dont get annoying. heh

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
If the Oilers don't take Hall at Number one, they are officially hopeless.

I think Hall is the more high-impact player, but those in the know (stylenk, etc) tell me that the oilers desperately need a centre, as they are already drowning in young wingers.

smo5039

talkin puck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Hall is the more high-impact player, but those in the know (stylenk, etc) tell me that the oilers desperately need a centre, as they are already drowning in young wingers.

isn't that the truth. Build down the middle folks.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Oilers don't take Hall at Number one, they are officially hopeless.

Yeah, the Oilers already have a lot of young wingers in their system. That's why most people believe they'll take Seguin to strengthen their team up the middle.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't that the truth. Build down the middle folks.

and the Bruins are pretty set at center but could use the help at wing.Seguin at #1 and Hall at #2 seems almost certain

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and the Bruins are pretty set at center but could use the help at wing.Seguin at #1 and Hall at #2 seems almost certain

You're a lucky man...

5 years from now I think the Kessel trade will be held in the same breath as the Yashin trade and others like that one.

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Connolly really intrigues me. He barely played this year because of injuries but as soon as he came back CSS ranked him at #3.

If not for hip and groin injuries that limited him much of the season, Central Scouting's third-ratedprospect, right wing Brett Connolly of the Western Hockey League's Prince George Cougars, might have been in the Seguin-Hall conversation for the No. 1 spot. Still, despite playing only 16 games this season he had 10 goals and 19 points and went from fourth on January's midterm report to third on the final list.

"I think it would have been really interesting if he'd been healthy all year," B.J. MacDonald, one Central Scouting's WHL scouts, said. "Clearly from the start of the year, the top three guys (Seguin, Hall and Connolly) were sort of identified even before the season started. I saw (Connolly) seven times during the year and I'm happy where he ended up (at No. 3). I think a lot of teams might still have a lot of question marks about him because any time a player is out that long, they're going to wonder if the injury will linger or not. But when he came back before the end of the season, he still dominated play and elevated the play of his teammates. He will be an impact player."

Seguin tops CSS's final rankings; Hall second - NHL.com - 2010 NHL Entry Draft

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my prediction? paaaaain.

i do not follow any other leagues very closely. all i heard was hall should be number 1 and then a few months ago people said it might be seguin. seems like you can not go wrong with either or.