• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

draft lottery?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cup, how ya been man? Been a while

That said I really believe this season may be a blessing in disguise to a degree.
We get a great pick and dead weight was removed in guys like langs ect. There was turnover and we saw the emergence of our most highly talented with the most potential group of proxies we've had in years, arguably ever, and the high pick is only going to add to that group as the youth movement continues, but is maybe more talent packed than we once thought.
Not to mention our 3rd round goalie pick, wedgewood had a stand out season. A year ago I would've said our window. To win was closing. Now it looks like a new one may be opening

Uncle Lou would smack you if you used the word window.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problems beating up an old man ;)

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i agree a few years ago i'd be worried if we missed the playoffs but as long as this draft pick isnt a bust we are in great shape.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not for nothing but I was the one saying coutier from the get go. Over larrson

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I just started looking at prospects lists and mock drafts this week since our season is officially done. You win? I doubt he'll be there when we pick but it would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well coutourier going in was the expected number one but yes fallen considerably. Overall I think our biggest need is a puck moving d, as I'm quite confident a zajac josefson could end up being a nice center tandem.

However knowing moves will be made and that Larsson will likely be gone, coutourier makes good sense. Esp. if the cap moves we make involve getting rid of a forward.

Don't forget guys coutourier played both center and wing. Obv we don't need wings but versatility never hurt anyone