• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft is finished

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked 10th and kept Rodgers and good thing because Ball was off the board and Stacy went before I picked. When it came to 3rd round I just didnt like the RBs there for where I was. But I am willing to make trades if I need to.

2nd-Bell(got him back)
3rd-Jeffery
4th-Patterson
5th-CJ1K
6th-Cooks
7th-Sankey
8th-Rudolph
9th-Denver
10th-Miller(listened to Audible breaking down Lazor system)
11-Jennings
12-Michael
13-Andre Williams
14-Freeman(trade bait)
15-Josh Brown(stream kicker)

QB-Rodgers
RB-Bell
RB-CJ1K
WR-Jeffery
WR-Patterson
Flex-Cooks/Sankey/Miller/Jennings
TE-Rudolph
D-Denver
K-Brown
Backup RBs-Miller, Michael, Williams, Freeman

If you see where I need to tweak let me know.

I disagree with the popular sentiment of your draft. Here is why....

Rodgers in the first is a stretch. I'm not saying this as a bears fan, I think if Rodgers was playing behind a good Oline, he would be the number 1 rated QB. However, the man is behind a porous Oline and will probably start seeing injuries more frequently. I can see Brees or manning as a 1st rounder, but i personally don't like taking QBs early because you sacrifice elsewhere. However, this can be overcome by drafting quality rb/Wrs later on.

Bell was an OK pick in the second round, but his YPC last year was a little bit alarming. I'm not sure I'd take him in many drafts either, unless I was forced to. I'd rather have him as an rb 2 than an rb 1.

In the next round you took Alshon Jeffery. AJ is fools gold in fantasy football. Last year he got the majority of his points from Josh McCown. He's got great talent, but with Cutler starting I equate him to a Vincent Jackson. He'll be all or nothing every week. I don't like my wr1 being that inconsistent. It's acceptable from a wr2, but AJ will be drafted as a wr 1 in most leagues.

Patterson in the fourth is an interesting choice. Right now, I'd say its a bit of a reach, but I could be wrong at the end of the season. I just don't like the passers in Minny.

I would not draft cj1k in any drafts, especially with him on the jets. The only way he makes it on my team is if all the starting backs that aren't caught up in a heavy committee are taken. Even then, I don't think I'd take him. He is at best an interchangeable flex option.

Cooks in the 6th? That seems like a bit of a reach to me. He could be good in NO, but I think he's going to get Graham's table scraps, much like Colton does.

Sankey is good value where you got him. Is that rashad Jennings or Greg? If it's rashad, you got great value, if it's Greg, you might even end up dropping him.

The rest are gambles, and rightfully so since it is so late in the draft. If this is a 10 team league, I predict your team to come out near .500. If it's a 12 team league, you might have a shot at the playoffs.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt see the responses yet in this thread because I knew I was going to get negative responses. Not that I didnt try to draft a good team, people were all over the place in this draft.

I was able to get Bell back. Had I kept him, I would have been left with the options of Foster and Stacy. In rd 3, Stacy was gone and the next best RB to me was Gore, but Ellington was the best RB available rankings wise. I could not take the chance with Ellington so I drafted Jeffery. I thought about it with Cobb but couldn't pull the trigger that early. If Antonio Brown was there, I would have gotten him but he was a keeper and I am considering trading Jeffery for him or a RB.

In fourth, I know people have their views on Patterson and the vikings offense. People may want to think Josh Gordon just went off regardless of the system but Norv's systems usually involve limited receiving options. VJac was also going off under Norv but he wasn't as targeted for big plays as there was Gates there. CP is the only playmaking deep threat on this team among receivers and if TB cannot get him the ball, he won't survive in Norv's system. Also the defending champ drafted Cassel late, so maybe he also knows something. Maybe I see it too Cassel will be the starter and he, Patterson, and Jennings will pick up where they left off last year.

In fifth the only RB that went before my next pick was Mathews and I did not want him because of his schedule so I took Johnson. I was listening to football guys early Sunday Morning(late Saturday night) and they brought up Johnson being good when open in space and how Ivory should not affect him much. I saw Johnson do this last year against some tougher run defenses, he got involved in the passing game against KC, SF, Arizona teams who could stop the run. Johnson scored in all of those games. He has the same situation he did in Tennessee with RF, a QB that can commit to the run due to being a read option. Something I have also noticed in Tennessee may make me regret my 7th pick. I could have took Rice but thought he might be there in 6.

In sixth, when Rice was gone. The options on RB were Sankey and TRich and of course I had decided that Cooks was going to be my WR3 no matter what. Crabtree was also still available but I could not take him. I decided to do my only jump in the draft for Cooks. Brees has to cut down on the interceptions he threw because he had some slow receivers who couldn't get open last year and Stills is not the deep threat, he was the only option for us because Morgan was injured and Henderson was gone. He was certainly responsible for that first interception Brees threw against the eagles in the playoffs. We drafted Cooks to compete with the other teams in the conference with big receivers.

In the seventh I got Sankey. And I'm going to say this, Johnson's problems with Tennessee may have resulted in the QB position. Locker is to me not a team player, he simply may have no chemistry with his RBs. Johnson never bounced back in 2011 or 2012 due to me the QBs running the team. Hasselbeck and Locker just did not get their RB as involved in passing plays. I think HCs are still reliving his Washington days. If he couldn't do what Wilson, RG3, Luck(from the same conference) were doing already, he's not going to do do good now. As I said before Verner is more responsible for that 3-1 start last year, not Locker. Sankey started out bad but then he did well later. Is this because he's not going to be good or maybe he just had better chemistry with Whitehearst? I will say that I did not see the play-by-plays until after my draft so this pick may have not been my favorite. But there are still some appealing games on the schedule for him, namely Dallas week 2, Indianapolis week 4, Jacksonville week 6, and maybe Washington week 7. If Locker goes down again, he's going to get more opportunities.

In the eighth, I had yet to draft a TE and Rudolph was still there so I took him. Then round 9 the broncos defense. I needed a defense I could use most weeks, I can still stream at times but last year I was not good at streaming every week. I needed a top defense that can make up for lack of production in certain weeks among either my RBs or WRs.

In 10th, Miller was there. I took him. I also listened to Football Guys regarding this and they were high on Miller because of the new offense and also said Moreno is slower. Then in 11th I took Jennings and I could have taken Wallace but I took Jennings because he plays for a better OC when it comes to the passing game. I trust Norv will get him and Patterson involved more than I trust whatever Lazor will do with Wallace. Christine I took in the 12th, then Andre Williams. Freeman I drafted because I was thinking he could be trade bait when Jackson goes down. And Josh Brown was drafted because for week 1 I feel he has a good kicking matchup.

After the draft, I do see some mistakes. I should have just drafted Gore over Jeffery. And then in the 5th round I could have gotten VJac or DJac or in the 7th Colston to offset Cooks. I didnt do that though but I am considering making some trades. If I stay healthy however, I have a team that can win, Bell could be the top back in fantasy this year and the reason is because 1. I think steelers are winning the north, 2.they are my AFC pick to make it to the sb, and 3.he plays the division that 5 of the last 7 top fantasy backs that season played......the AFC South and the 2 that didnt played in it(CJ1K and Foster). Patterson doe well under Norv's system then its a good pick by me, and if Johnson can get open in space with Smith or Vick like he did with Fitz that is another good pick for where he was. Sankey is the only pick among my flex/rb2 options that I may have some concern over. I am not worried about having four receivers on my team because they are abundant in FA every year especially since Wheaton, Lee, Matthews, S.Smith, Latimer, Boykin, etc did not get drafted.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have had a little luck go my way I'm 2-0-1, first place in my division by half a game. I dropped my five of last six picks of the draft before the season started. I was able to get Asiata, West(but dropped him this week), Davis, Kelce off FA after week 1(Davis after week 2). I dropped Sankey after week 2 and Rudolph after last week upon hearing of his injury but picked Sankey back up tonight. Bell is looking like the top back right now and I may have grabbed the breakout TE this season. If Cooks, Patterson, and Jeffery can start hitting their stride I will be okay. If I had not kept Rodgers I would have likely drafted Marshall in 2nd and then would not have taken Jeffery over Cobb or Ellington. Probably would have been better but I have been able to work hard in FA and get the players that are producing. Also, I handcuffed Bell with Blount.

I fully regret the Jeffery pick more than any. He was targeted only for that upside that was only displayed one time with Cutler. 5th round is still debatable but I don't think I would have cashed in on that pick regardless. It would have been Rice I would have taken otherwise. Johnson's status can change eventually if jets use him more or Vick takes over at some point.

Last edited by a moderator: