• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Idea

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Funchess, te, Michigan
He's playing wr mostly this season, but he has real value at te in the NFL. At 6'5, 230, and a thick frame that could hold 20 lbs easily, this kid could end up as one of the all time great pass catching te's, Im talking a young Tony Gonzales status. I know we need to address, wr, but a great te thay catches WITH HIS HANDS is so valuable to an offense. Check him out, he's a good fit.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if that's how value plays out, fine with me.

just going on need (which is all we can do till the draft), IMO it is CB.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if that's how value plays out, fine with me.

just going on need (which is all we can do till the draft), IMO it is CB.

You cant draft on need. You have to draft on a combonation of best value on a position of need, te fits. Our cbs have been pretty good, especially since we've been without Brock for most of the season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You cant draft on need. You have to draft on a combonation of best value on a position of need, te fits. Our cbs have been pretty good, especially since we've been without Brock for most of the season.

yeah I know that, there isn't anyone on here who says "BPA" more than me. But since we fans can't know who is OUR BPA, we can only go by need.

again, if BPA turns out to be TE, then fine with me. But based on what we see today, my opinion is CB. first we need a more quality starter (doesn't mean who we have now are BAD) and next we need quality depth. Look how easily these CB's get injured?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's playing wr mostly this season, but he has real value at te in the NFL. At 6'5, 230, and a thick frame that could hold 20 lbs easily, this kid could end up as one of the all time great pass catching te's, Im talking a young Tony Gonzales status. I know we need to address, wr, but a great te thay catches WITH HIS HANDS is so valuable to an offense. Check him out, he's a good fit.

Nah not as a 1st rd pick. We need CB/DL/OL that is our needs. TE maybe in the 2nd or 3rd rd. Also draft another RB in rds 3-5.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Draft BPA is our best strategy as our pick will fall anywhere from 17-32 given our record. CB position is actually fine and not a position of overwhelming need. While injury prone this year at CB, we have held up due to exceptional depth and have others coming back next year as they heal up from their injuries. We did pretty well last year drafting CBs late in the draft. We are pretty good at training up the position. We need to look at the skill positions JMHO. Need for more speed. Need a breakaway WR or two , a RB who contrasts Hyde and Gore who is a FA next year. Gore will likely be resigned at a more friendly cap # maybe? OL depth and maybe a DE who can get penetration. Overall, no glaring needs except for lack of speed on offense at skill positions. Do have need for a TE who can catch as VD (pouting and getting old) and McD (slow, bricks for hands) are lackluster this year. As always JMHO.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft BPA is our best strategy as our pick will fall anywhere from 17-32 given our record. CB position is actually fine and not a position of overwhelming need. While injury prone this year at CB, we have held up due to exceptional depth and have others coming back next year as they heal up from their injuries. We did pretty well last year drafting CBs late in the draft. We are pretty good at training up the position. We need to look at the skill positions JMHO. Need for more speed. Need a breakaway WR or two , a RB who contrasts Hyde and Gore who is a FA next year. Gore will likely be resigned at a more friendly cap # maybe? OL depth and maybe a DE who can get penetration. Overall, no glaring needs except for lack of speed on offense at skill positions. Do have need for a TE who can catch as VD (pouting and getting old) and McD (slow, bricks for hands) are lackluster this year. As always JMHO.

Need to draft someone to take over for J. Smith. He doesn't have many years left maybe 1-2 years. Draft someone now so they can learn from him.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to draft someone to take over for J. Smith. He doesn't have many years left maybe 1-2 years. Draft someone now so they can learn from him.

We have Tank Caradine and Quinton Dial to take over for J Smith

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again drafting by position vs combo value :L

Im a fan of BPA but I do think its time to draft for need to this year. drafting a TE with the 1st pick with VD under contract and we just drafted a TE. Plus not many great TEs in this draft in my opinion.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Tank Caradine and Quinton Dial to take over for J Smith

Cant count on Tank. He is having trouble seeing the field. I do like Dial but he doesn't replace Smith pass rush ability.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a fan of BPA but I do think its time to draft for need to this year. drafting a TE with the 1st pick with VD under contract and we just drafted a TE. Plus not many great TEs in this draft in my opinion.

You NEVER draft strictly on position need, thats a recipe for a bust. You had the right idea with bpa between a few positions, just wrong about crossing off any position from the 1st round, besides qb, rb, or s.

This draft isnt very strong, wont be a top skill player (except maybe Amari Cooper) worth trading up for. Devin Funchess will be a Tony Gonzales type te.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see the 49ers land Amari Cooper/Nelson Agholor in the draft!

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers need to address QB. Kap has reached his ceiling.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time is over for Baalke hoarding draft picks & getting players we gotta groom. Use them for what you really need NOW!!

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

:agree:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a shut down CB and a play maker at WR like Beckham Jr. Plus a DE to start to replace Ray and Justin Smith. I wouldn't mind to getting insurance at QB by drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd rd just in case Kap doesn't rebound next year with a new OC.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time is over for Baalke hoarding draft picks & getting players we gotta groom. Use them for what you really need NOW!!

Not saying who should be drafted first but I think gettng a talented WR is bigger need than corner right now. Cox has played well and Culliver has played well. Plus we drafted a couple of promising rookies last year in D Johnson and Aker.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a shut down CB and a play maker at WR like Beckham Jr. Plus a DE to start to replace Ray and Justin Smith. I wouldn't mind to getting insurance at QB by drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd rd just in case Kap doesn't rebound next year with a new OC.

Not to burst your bubble, but Harbaugh is a QB guru and guess what? Hasn't worked.