• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day Thread

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
panthers active so far... two stooopid moves IMO...

Bergfors for a rental and 5th rounder? he's a cheap good young forward with top 6 potential. Why would they do this?

Then Wideman for a very marginal prospect and a 3rd rounder? That's all they could get for a top 4 Dman (arguably top pairing). Sure, he's minus a million but he has shown that he can play 23+ mins per night and costs under 4M.

panthers are trading away all of their valuable pieces for next to nothing in a totally sellers market. Wierd.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Panthers received Bergfors in the trade for Dvorak. Pretty good return for him IMO. Wideman has been garbage for a few season now, the fact they were able to get a 3rd for him is impressive.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And why is this called a "Draft Day" thread?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
# San Jose was looking to dump a couple of names, Wallin in particular. Ottawa not interested. 11 minutes ago via Twitter for Android

# San Jose now backing out of race for Campoli. ANA/CHI remain. 14 minutes ago via Twitter for Android

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good call, Cmon.

Are you back now? Are you feeling better? Has the Sharks recent upswing rejuvenated you?!

I'm a little better. I'm still on bed rest for a couple more days before starting a full physical theropy regiment.

It's certainly good to see the Sharks playing better. I still think they are an upgrade to Mitchell in the top nine and a Tim Gleason type dman (To get both Wallin and Huskins out of the line-up) short of making a cup run but hopefully they'll surprise me.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Penner goes to the Kings, but for a steep price.

Colton Teubert (a good, mean young d-prospect), a 2011 1st rounder, and a 2012 3rd rounder.....but could be a 2nd rounder depending on how the Kings do in the playoffs.

Kings definitely got better "today" though.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dustin Penner goes to the Kings, but for a steep price.

Colton Teubert (a good, mean young d-prospect), a 2011 1st rounder, and a 2012 3rd rounder.....but could be a 2nd rounder depending on how the Kings do in the playoffs.

Kings definitely got better "today" though.

Yeah, man, deano = desperate! penner is a very good player and adds a ton to that team. He fits in nicely since they have guys like smyth who really like the cycle and controlling the play down low. I don't like this deal in the short term.

Edmonton did nicely though. Pennr only had 1 year left and the oil managed to get what will likely be a top 20 pick (18th-ish), a likely 2nd rounder next year, and a former high 1st rounder with lots of shutdown potential, which is kinda what the oil needs. Very good value deal for them...

LA is kinda scary though...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, man, deano = desperate! penner is a very good player and adds a ton to that team. He fits in nicely since they have guys like smyth who really like the cycle and controlling the play down low. I don't like this deal in the short term.

Edmonton did nicely though. Pennr only had 1 year left and the oil managed to get what will likely be a top 20 pick (18th-ish), a likely 2nd rounder next year, and a former high 1st rounder with lots of shutdown potential, which is kinda what the oil needs. Very good value deal for them...

LA is kinda scary though...

Yup, but his defense core is pretty much locked up so Teubert was a tough, but expendable loss. If he and Kopitar can develop some chemistry, they will be scary as all hell.

Yup Edmonton did well, but I'm guessing that 1st Rounder will be in the early 20's (think 21st through 23rd or so).

Yes they are if Penner is a motivated individual. Heck, they're kind of scary before Penner.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Damn, I just saw a headline that said "mitchell traded for 7th round pick"... but it was john mitchell from the leafs... Damn!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm glad I didn't take the day off from work. I would have been pissed to wasted awhole day for the Sharks to have done nothing.

Glad that Doug didn't make a trade for nothing

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the Hopes of Owen Nolan signing is over for good now, huh? What r the chances Cheech gets a contract, and maybe a call up?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug did what I hoped he would do. He didn't mortgage anything significant future-wise for a short term fix. A second rounder for Ian White is decent as I like White so far. Eager for a 5th rounder is fine. I was just scared of Seto or Vlasic or a 1st rounder being sent off in return for a short term solution. And with the team playing so well as of late, Doug's desperation level had to be close to zero.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have loved to hear who Doug was talking with today. Just to be a fly on the wall.