• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day: Rounds 4-7

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without having a 5th round pick due to the Joyner trade, the Rams 4th round pick is going to say a lot about what team Snisher feels about the team.

Is Joyner going to play nickel CB or S, or both? McGill at CB and Reynolds/Bailey at S are available and if drafted, would answer that question.

Are they comfortable with Dunbar/Ray Ray manning the OLBer spot opposite Ogletree? If not, several LBers would make sense in the 4th.

Do they continue to fix the OL? If so, Yankey and Richardson are available.

I would be surprised to see a QB taken in the 4th with more pressing needs still and no 5th rounder.

Go Rams

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snead mentioned Joyner as a nickel in their press conference today.

I doubt they go QB because it would be a backup. If this is truly a make or break year for Sam they'd be looking QB next year if it went south, that would make this QB pick an unnecessary pick in just a year.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without having a 5th round pick due to the Joyner trade, the Rams 4th round pick is going to say a lot about what team Snisher feels about the team.

Is Joyner going to play nickel CB or S, or both? McGill at CB and Reynolds/Bailey at S are available and if drafted, would answer that question.

Are they comfortable with Dunbar/Ray Ray manning the OLBer spot opposite Ogletree? If not, several LBers would make sense in the 4th.

Do they continue to fix the OL? If so, Yankey and Richardson are available.

I would be surprised to see a QB taken in the 4th with more pressing needs still and no 5th rounder.

Go Rams

I'll guess Connor Shaw in the 6th

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, reading through the other draft threads on this forum there seems to be quite a bit of negativity about the Rams draft, despite the glowing reviews of it by the talking heads and experts on ESPN. So I thought I'd look around a little.

John Clayton:
But the Rams might be having the best draft of them all. When they grabbed Aaron Donald in the first round, I felt like calling coach Jeff Fisher and asking him if they were benching Merlin Olsen and Lamar Lundy, two members of the Fearsome Foursome.The Rams have four first-rounders on their defensive line -- Chris Long and Robert Quinn at defensive end with Michael Brockers and Donald in the middle. It's the modern-day Fearsome Foursome. The Rams' backup line of William Hayes, Eugene Sims, Kendall Langford and Alex Carrington is better than the Dallas Cowboys starting defensive line. The Rams didn't stop there. In the second round, they drafted tough slot cornerback Lamarcus Joyner to replace Cortland Finnegan. In the third, they added one of the most talented running backs in the draft, Tre Mason. In the draft that could put the Rams over the top, they compiled a fearsome defensive line, added Greg Robinson at left guard and two key role players.
NFL.com
Passed with flying colors

St. Louis Rams: After having maybe the best first round of any team, the Rams added to it with two of the best athletes in the draft. Joyner isn't big, but he can cover anybody in the slot and adds to the NFC West defensive arms race. Mason gets to run behind his former Auburn teammate Robinson.
Pete Prisco, CBS Sports:
41 Grade A Rams select: Lamarcus Joyner, CB, Florida State

I hate to keep giving out good grades, but this is one of my favorite players in this draft. He will be a special nickel corner. The Rams are killing it.
FoxSports:
Mason ran for 1,800 yards and 23 touchdowns in the country'€™s best football conference, helping Auburn to the BCS National Championship Game and becoming a Heisman finalist.

None of this means anything.

The Rams took him with the 11th pick of the third round, making Mason the fifth running back taken and making four NFL teams the only people in the world who thought there were four college running backs better than him.
Just a sampling, but appears that there is great reason to believe that the Rams know what they're doing in this draft. Grade A so far!

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what they did except for seeming to not be too concerned at safety...That seems to put me in a minority position here...That's OK, it's all opinion until the ball actually gets snapped...

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One name will be the one called in round 4... PIERRE DESIR!!! bigger and stronger than McGill.

QB will be David Fales in round 6...

2 LBs will be drafted in round 6 and 7

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we got another stud D-lineman and a nickel CB early in the 2nd. Lol

We got some good players but do they fill our needs? Could we have gotten a safety at 13 and drafted a DT at 44 and the D-line still be ok? Lmao. Are we going to score more points?

To Clayton's point about our backup D-line... I think personally we should draft another D-line guy just to make sure our D-line is set. :scratch:

Starting to wonder about Snead and Fisher. I'm all about BPA, but when you already have a solid D-line and have needs on offense and in the secondary, you have to fill bigger holes and get starters.

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ, if the Rams trot out a starting secondary of JJ,Desir,McDonald,Tru and Joyner, I would be VERY satisfied.. just when you think you got away from the thumpers up front, BAM you get hit by Joyner or Desir or TJ.... and just when that 3 step drop allows you to avoid AD or Mighty Quinn on the rush, oops there is JJ or Tru making you pay for the less than perfect pass...

I agree with you we could have gone with a different person at the spot we picked Joyner, but do not discount Joyner. Watch film... dude will HURT people.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I like Pierre Desir. But do we really need to go get our 4th corner or do we need a starting safety IF Joyner really is just a nickel CB?

This is a mess

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU I watched the Noles all year. Joyner was the 3rd best DB on that NC team. He's ok in coverage and can tackle yes.

But an early 2nd rounder? Trading up for him? No effing way. Not for him or any nickel CB that early. Lol

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, that is my ONLY knock on the pick. If we had gotten him later in the 2nd or in the 3rd I would have been EVEN happier. Obviously Snead wanted him bad enough that he thought he might be gone. I also, I was REALLY hoping for Terrance Brooks in the 3rd.... that would have made even MORE sense... oh well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you. Snead seems to overthink things and he may have done that with giving up a fifth rounder for the pick. Sometimes they just need to sit him down and tell him to chill.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give them an A on talent alone, but a F on balancing where the team needs players the most + the projects are just stupid.

Overall a C

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair SJ. In comparsion light to other teams, Snisher just seems to get a little disjointed when the draft actually proceeds. When watching a Bill Belecheat or Ozzie Newsome work the draft they seem to get the right player for their team without sacrificing x, y, and z while Snisher and Company just seem to get caught up in the hype and freak a bit.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention I like Tre Mason, but if Devonte Freeman is around late.. He's faster, younger, and even more explosive at RB. So T Brooks would have been my pick and I would have waited to get Freeman.

Snead and Fisher seem to fall in love easily with these players.

My draft:
Watkins
Z Martin
DT - doesn't matter who cuz were stacked
T Brooks
P Desir
D Freeman

That's redonk

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro - Shead and Fish get excited and get boners with individuals.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may be right SJ. When Fisher starts calling a player "our guy" and then has to sit down-dead give away; instant wood. That is why I always see Snead sitting down when they flash pictures of the "war room". LOL, now it all makes sense.

Yea I like Freeman and I hope they select Desir today without trading away the farm.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing is to. If we still have Langford, why do we need another starting DT? I can see maybe another DT later but why do we need 3 starting DTs?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Cudjo and Arrington. The forgotten men of the DL. I can't answer that question only that it lends more credence to your assertion that they get mesmerized with a guy and lose sight of the overall picture and goals of putting together a long-term winner. We still not have filled our needs at Safety, QB, LB, and guard. Maybe today?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that Langford was a possibility to be cut as a cap casualty. I would be willing to be we see Langford traded during training camp for a mid to late round pick next year to free up money for Quinn to get paid. Cudjo and Arrington are not starters, they are rotational guys. 5 to 6 snaps a game guys.

And retro, we did indeed fill our need at OG. His name is Greg Robinson. Only reason we would have drafted someone like Su'a-Filo,Jackson,Yankey or Dozier is if we drafted Matthews instead of Robinson. And we will draft 2 LB's today as you already noticed in my day 3 update. Also we should indeed get the developmental QB (Savage?? Fales??? Shaw??) today.