• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: DRAFT DAY BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference there is that the Chiefs saw Alex Smith a couple of seasons so we all had expectations as to what Alex Smith's ceiling was. Smith was clearly not the fit with Tyreek Hill. The Falcons are cutting off Cousins at the knees. Not that he cares. He got the bag.

Cousins is not a long term solution. You're posting like he was last year's 1st round pick. He's 37 and on a 3 year deal, so not really long term.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is not a long term solution. You're posting like he was last year's 1st round pick. He's 37 and on a 3 year deal, so not really long term.
Part of this equation is that I think Penix himself is also risky. If I thought Penix was QB2 in this draft its totally different so clearly if the Falcons think they have that guy then its totally different.

Most coaches and GMs only last 3 years. In the NFL, very few teams have that luxury.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of this equation is that I think Penix himself is also risky. If I thought Penix was QB2 in this draft its totally different so clearly if the Falcons think they have that guy then its totally different.

Most coaches and GMs only last 3 years. In the NFL, very few teams have that luxury.

When it's all said and done, what you and I think doesn't matter to the Falcons. If they believe he'll be their guy long term, then they made their move for him.

I don't think what they did was a great move either, but I can see why they did it. If it works out they're golden and if not they're still the Falcons.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it's all said and done, what you and I think doesn't matter to the Falcons. If they believe he'll be their guy long term, then they made their move for him.

I don't think what they did was a great move either, but I can see why they did it. If it works out they're golden and if not they're still the Falcons.
Its galaxy brain stuff. If it works out, half of the league will copy them and if it doesn't then he won't be a GM very much longer.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its galaxy brain stuff. If it works out, half of the league will copy them and if it doesn't then he won't be a GM very much longer.

Well, you just stated they last about 3 years, so he takes his swing and if he hits he gets more than 3. If he misses he's gone in 3. I'd take the swing as opposed to being pinch hit for.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you just stated they last about 3 years, so he takes his swing and if he hits he gets more than 3. If he misses he's gone in 3.
Honestly not sure how you make that calculation. If the Falcons make the playoffs with Cousins and come up just short in a playoff game and Penix is sitting on the bench then that looks bad no matter how you slice it.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So anyone Catch Goodell Gaffe with one of the late picks(Dallas??????????)...................

Comes out of the Tunnel, Drops the draft card.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly not sure how you make that calculation. If the Falcons make the playoffs with Cousins and come up just short in a playoff game and Penix is sitting on the bench then that looks bad no matter how you slice it.

Not really. Pennix is not expected to play this year by the Falcons brass. If Cousins takes them to the playoffs, that's what they signed him to do. If Pennix takes over in a year or 2 or 3 that's what he's supposed to do. If Pennix is good, they're brilliant. If not they're unemployed.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another angle:

If Kirk proves healthy they can trade him and the other team will get a decent deal on the cap with no signing bonus. Free draft pick for Atlanta just for money.

Alternative angle:

If they trade him next offseason, that "free" draft pick only costs them $37M in dead cap space.

If they trade him in two offseasons, that "free" draft pick only costs them $25 in dead cap space.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,856.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 35.

But, he is coming off a bad injury and the only other QB on the roster is Heinicke. He's no answer if Cousins is not ready to go OR gets hurt again.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,856.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax.

They still have draft picks.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh. Interesting twist.

But he will waive it to come back to the Vikes next year after JJ falls on his face. :heh:
Let's hope you're not 50% right. ;)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to crack a Todd Pinkston joke and when i looked him up i just saw that he is their RB coach.
Todd Pinkston is coaching running backs?