• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: DRAFT DAY BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles actually made this work with Sam Bradford and Carson Wentz. So we'll see what happens.

But Cousins got a raw deal last night. Could work out for him if he gets shipped to a contender.

And, of course, he still gets the money.
I don't see the Falcons trading Cousins anytime soon, altho from the reports out there, he was less than thrilled with the Penix pick. So you never know.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you tell an agent then everyone will know.

With 6 QBs in the draft they should have never signed Kirk. Not good communication between the college scouts and pro scouts. This just shows the Falcons overall incompetence.
I like the Falcons move personally.
I think the Falcons are thinking their window is opening right now. This ensures (if all goes well) their window doesnt get derailed by a QB injury.
If all Qbs do their jobs. Cousins will be gone in two years & Penix wasnt thrown into the fire.
The Falcons could cut Cousins by then or even better trade him.
If Cousins ends up being the man & they want to extend him, they could trade a top ten pick on a rookie contract for compensation.
If Cousins who is getting long in the tooth gets injured in the next two years, their season doesnt get derailed.
Then there is the "what if" bad side.
What if Pennix pulls what so many top 10 QBs have done & doesnt develop into what they hoped. They have Cousins & dont have to scramble the next year or two trying to go back to the drawing board.

Again if the Falcons think their window is open now. This gives them security at the most important position.
Last year most of us were thinking. If the Falcons only had a decent QB.
Well now they got their now & future guy. (again if it all works out with Penix)

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Falcons trading Cousins anytime soon, altho from the reports out there, he was less than thrilled with the Penix pick. So you never know.

If they trade him next offseason, it comes with a $37M deadcap hit.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about trading KC is hilarious.

Not happening.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about trading KC is hilarious.

Not happening.
True. That said buyers market red hit better two teams now...

Saying Giancarlo Esposito GIF by AMC Networks

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Falcons move personally.
I think the Falcons are thinking their window is opening right now. This ensures (if all goes well) their window doesnt get derailed by a QB injury.
If all Qbs do their jobs. Cousins will be gone in two years & Penix wasnt thrown into the fire.
The Falcons could cut Cousins by then or even better trade him.
If Cousins ends up being the man & they want to extend him, they could trade a top ten pick on a rookie contract for compensation.
If Cousins who is getting long in the tooth gets injured in the next two years, their season doesnt get derailed.
Then there is the "what if" bad side.
What if Pennix pulls what so many top 10 QBs have done & doesnt develop into what they hoped. They have Cousins & dont have to scramble the next year or two trying to go back to the drawing board.

Again if the Falcons think their window is open now. This gives them security at the most important position.
Last year most of us were thinking. If the Falcons only had a decent QB.
Well now they got their now & future guy. (again if it all works out with Penix)
If they think their window is open now then they should have added an impact starter to add wins now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons picking Penix is total nonsense imo. I think you can realistically do that if you're picking at 20 or something like that. At pick 8, they were getting trade back offers. You're losing 2+ potential starters for taking Penix who is a backup for at least 2 years. They could've traded back and gotten Dallas Turner, Q Mitchell, or Latu who had been mocked at 8 and also picked up at least a 2nd rounder.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I need to call a doctor over an erection lasting longer than 12 hours since the Steelers' 1st Rd selection?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons picking Penix is total nonsense imo. I think you can realistically do that if you're picking at 20 or something like that. At pick 8, they were getting trade back offers. You're losing 2+ potential starters for taking Penix who is a backup for at least 2 years. They could've traded back and gotten Dallas Turner, Q Mitchell, or Latu who had been mocked at 8 and also picked up at least a 2nd rounder.

They're saying they like the model of having a rookie sit for a year or 2 instead of throwing them into the fire. Whether it works or not remains to be seen, but I can see their thinking.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I need to call a doctor over an erection lasting longer than 12 hours since the Steelers' 1st Rd selection?

You should try having sex sir. I hear they're doing that all around the world.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're saying they like the model of having a rookie sit for a year or 2 instead of throwing them into the fire. Whether it works or not remains to be seen, but I can see their thinking.
It is the type of move thats easier to do when you're spending someone else's money.

I think specifically in this situation it doesnt seem too particularly fair to either QB. With someone like Jordan Love, I think everyone kinda got that he needed a couple of years. If Penix goes to the Raiders, he starts. Cousins also just got into the building. He hasn't even failed yet.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or a first next year

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the type of move thats easier to do when you're spending someone else's money.

I think specifically in this situation it doesnt seem too particularly fair to either QB. With someone like Jordan Love, I think everyone kinda got that he needed a couple of years. If Penix goes to the Raiders, he starts. Cousins also just got into the building. He hasn't even failed yet.

What about Mahommes sitting behind Smith. If they feel it will be better to have him sit and learn for a year or 2 and it works out, they'll be genius'.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Mahommes sitting behind Smith. If they feel it will be better to have him sit and learn for a year or 2 and it works out, they'll be genius'.
The difference there is that the Chiefs saw Alex Smith a couple of seasons so we all had expectations as to what Alex Smith's ceiling was. Smith was clearly not the fit with Tyreek Hill. The Falcons are cutting off Cousins at the knees. Not that he cares. He got the bag.