• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: DRAFT DAY BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills working the draft like experts. Obviously they didn't want Worthy or Leggette, since they essentially traded those players to the Chiefs and Panthers. All the other WRs are still on the board as well as DeJean, Newton, JPJ, etc. All fit their big needs, and they were able to upgrade into the 3rd round and a late pick to the top of the 5th.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down again as teams typically target the top of the 2nd to clean up guys that have slid, especially with all day Friday to work a trade.

I really think McConkey is in play, given he visited with the team multiple times leading up to the draft.
Worthy is a pretty good player but there are some things to be concerned about with him.
Screenshot_20240426-073830.pngHis frame and taking plays off part would bother me if he were on my team. And physical CB's can give him a problem.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worthy is a pretty good player but there are some things to be concerned about with him.
View attachment 360661His frame and taking plays off part would bother me if he were on my team. And physical CB's can give him a problem.

Some offenses instruct their weak side WRs to throttle down on plays designed to go away from them, so I wouldn't blindly trust that eval. Of course he is small, but he is ultra quick in and out of breaks in addition to this top end speed. Terrible fit for cold weather Buffalo IMO, but obviously he could work with Mahomes. I think Mitchell may have been the better fit there, but they know better than me lol.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some offenses instruct their weak side WRs to throttle down on plays designed to go away from them, so I wouldn't blindly trust that eval. Of course he is small, but he is ultra quick in and out of breaks in addition to this top end speed. Terrible fit for cold weather Buffalo IMO, but obviously he could work with Mahomes. I think Mitchell may have been the better fit there, but they know better than me lol.
I think McConkey will be Buffalo's selection.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verse was a nice get, @shopson67....

Solid get to stay put and get Verse. I would've been equally happy with an OT, maybe Newton. I knew solid value was going to slide to them one way or another.

Apparently nobody wanted to trade down for most of the 1st round.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid get to stay put and get Verse. I would've been equally happy with an OT, maybe Newton. I knew solid value was going to slide to them one way or another.

Apparently nobody wanted to trade down for most of the 1st round.
What position you want them to go at #52?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 360661His frame and taking plays off part would bother me if he were on my team. And physical CB's can give him a problem.
Guess we'll see. But him breaking records at the combine and quickness to change gears is a definite upside. Plus with Hollywood Brown on the roster I'm thinking it'll whip the kid into shape. Whenever bonehead Rice gets off suspension this group potentially is gonna be pretty tight...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills working the draft like experts. Obviously they didn't want Worthy or Leggette, since they essentially traded those players to the Chiefs and Panthers. All the other WRs are still on the board as well as DeJean, Newton, JPJ, etc. All fit their big needs, and they were able to upgrade into the 3rd round and a late pick to the top of the 5th.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down again as teams typically target the top of the 2nd to clean up guys that have slid, especially with all day Friday to work a trade.

I really think McConkey is in play, given he visited with the team multiple times leading up to the draft.
I think the Bills trade down again. Might as well

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Walt and Charlie have them taking line. I think that makes sense... the Rams have a smart head coach and FO and realize the importance of building the trenches, especially after Donald's departure.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are definitely a lot of questions about whether Worthy will be more than a gadget player. He may have to move around the formation and play in the slot and stuff to get off the line and beat press coverage. But Reid is very capable of scheming this guy open and that could be dangerous.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a solid LT prospect is there, that would be interesting. Otherwise, they could go WR. I think they likely wait until the 3rd round for DT, but everything depends on who slides to them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walt and Charlie have them taking line. I think that makes sense... the Rams have a smart head coach and FO and realize the importance of building the trenches, especially after Donald's departure.
I'm thinking OT over DT though. They could get someone like Mingo in the 3rd round.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bills trade down again. Might as well
Watch a trade with Carolina at 39. And they still could get one of the many players that had been "mocked" to them.

Players available who the Bills have shown interest in: DeJean, McConkey, Coleman, Mitchell and McKinstry. One or more will be on the board at 39.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are definitely a lot of questions about whether Worthy will be more than a gadget player. He may have to move around the formation and play in the slot and stuff to get off the line and beat press coverage. But Reid is very capable of scheming this guy open and that could be dangerous.
I was going to crack a Todd Pinkston joke and when i looked him up i just saw that he is their RB coach.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is a huge risk but probably what they are hoping will happen. Vs the guaranteed picks seems like a huge gamble but if it works he will look like a genius.
The Eagles actually made this work with Sam Bradford and Carson Wentz. So we'll see what happens.

But Cousins got a raw deal last night. Could work out for him if he gets shipped to a contender.

And, of course, he still gets the money.