• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day: 2014 NFL Draft

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that concludes Round One. I give the Rams a "B" grade for this year's version of Rams drafting.

I give it a C

They addressed the OG position ( but way to early ) and DT wasn't as big of a need even if the player they took was better value.

Still need OLB, CB and especially S and safety got really thin after the 1st.

I was wanting an OG in the 2nd, but since they already addressed that at #2, they need to hope Brooks or Bailey are available at #44.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, I can't read any more of the dribble. Had to stop at page 25, you folks are out of your fucking mind. The Rams killed the 1st round and set themselves up to play HARD BALL with the Seahawks, 49ers and Cardinals in this division. Junkie gets back and the lights go off. Stupid shit man. Watkins would not of helped this team at present state and I am glad the Rams picked the #1 O-lineman and #1 D-lineman. I'll read but fuck this group of want to be GMs. I'll be back when this group gets a grip. Probably never! Later. Much.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, I can't read any more of the dribble. Had to stop at page 25, you folks are out of your fucking mind. The Rams killed the 1st round and set themselves up to play HARD BALL with the Seahawks, 49ers and Cardinals in this division. Junkie gets back and the lights go off. Stupid shit man. Watkins would not of helped this team at present state and I am glad the Rams picked the #1 O-lineman and #1 D-lineman. I'll read but fuck this group of want to be GMs. I'll be back when this group gets a grip. Probably never! Later. Much.

Blue

You are assuming Robinson learns to pass protect so he can be a legit LT in this league.

As of right now, that is still a big ?

There would've been no such ? with Matthews.

Donald was a value pick that wasn't expected to be there, but left the Rams still needing a safety while watching a huge run on them at the end of the first.

I love them building the trenches. Just wanted Matthews over Robinson due to less ? marks.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You trust Bradford, I don't, run the rock, that is why Robinson is the best pick.

Actually, I don't trust him that much.

I think he needs everything to be so perfect to be successful, and to me, that doesn't scream franchise QB to me.

I hope Robinson turns out to be a stud, but if all he becomes is a great guard, do you think that is worth the #2 pick?

That's my only concern.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams philosophy: Reach for a need and hope

How is Robinson a reach? He's consistently near the top of most everyone's rankings for the draft. I wanted Watkins or Mack, but Robinson is ranked right there with them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams drafted an exterior run blocker and an interior pass rusher. Its very interesting to say the least.

This team will see immediate dividends from these 2 players, imo, if Robinson starts at Guard. Robinson at the very least will be a mauler of a guard even from day 1

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you angelakerams, if he plays LG this season next to All Pro Jake Long, and buries lineman, LBs and SS and works with Long daily, Slater and Pace, how can this guy not be a stud?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams fans who don’t like the Greg Robinson pick... they rushed for 18 yards in loss to SF and 13 in loss to SEA.

And we all heard Marshall Faulk say, the NFC West will be won in the trenches, so the Rams went out and picked up two studs for the trenches in the first round.

Good gets, now maybe we can add some depth to the defensive back end, some more depth to the OL, maybe add quality blocking TE a back up QB and we are set!

Lot's of picks left.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you angelakerams, if he plays LG this season next to All Pro Jake Long, and buries lineman, LBs and SS and works with Long daily, Slater and Pace, how can this guy not be a stud?

Because I still have memories of Jason Smith ( another project OT with "potential" ).

Granted, Robinson should be an All-Pro Guard regardless of whether he learns to pass protect or not, but wouldn't Gabe Jackson have done the same thing as a Guard?

If Robinson reaches his potential, the pick is a home run. If he doesn't, it's a huge reach at #2.

That is the unknown and why I have flashbacks of Smith in my mind.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the RAMS killed it. Robinson is going to blow holes for Stacy. Donald is going to wreak havoc on the D line. No.1 rated OT and No.1 rated DT in the draft. How is that not a A? The trenches are sooo important in the NFL. Great start. Running the ball and stopping the run.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears fan here. As good as that D line already is, was it REALLY necessary to take Donald?? :omg:

All I can say is yikes...and congrats!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the RAMS killed it. Robinson is going to blow holes for Stacy. Donald is going to wreak havoc on the D line. No.1 rated OT and No.1 rated DT in the draft. How is that not a A? The trenches are sooo important in the NFL. Great start. Running the ball and stopping the run.

We got ourselves a POWER RUN GAME with Greg Robinson. He is a freakin beast.... he makes d-lineman back pedal. Moves them 10 yards down field!

Aaron Donald is a fire hydrant, penetrator, 3 technique DT that wreaks havoc. He gets low and is powerful and real tough to block. Between him and and our DE's these mobile qbs in our division will have to make quick decisions or be killed.

Day 1 Grade- A+

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say this was my preference on how the first round would have gone, but I guess I'll have to trust that the Rams know what they're doing. We could have done worse though. I guess we did get two guys that were rated highest at their positions. Thank heavens we didn't draft Manziel or Anthony Barr. I just can't help thinking that every time we see Robinson give up another sack, and then flip the channel and see Watkins make another electrifying play that we're going to live to regret not taking him, just like we've lived to regret so many of our "could of had" decisions in the past. When we discover that Robinson can't cut it at tackle against the Clowneys of the league, he is going to end up being a very expensive guard at the 2nd pick of the draft.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And although Donald is a good tackle, albeit a little small for my liking, I think it was a luxury pick. We were in need of secondary help more than DT. I'm sure we could have traded down from #13 and still picked up a quality DB, whether it be CB or S. Dix didn't go until #25 I think. Not a completely terrible first round, but I think we could have done better. Don't know where we are going to get a starting safety now. There isn't much left in the draft at that position.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Snisher and company intimated early that they were building from the trenches Boss but they had plenty of chances in the last three years to do that. I know alot of this is second guessing but the trade down option didn't happen at 13 because nobody was falling for the "banana in the tailpipe" this year. In the end we had no takers just like at 2.

The only team that moved around was Cleveland and they only got an additional draft pick when they often just swapped a position or two in the first round except for their first trade when they got two additional picks. So it is not like we had a ready supply of willing takers and possibly we may have been too greedy as well. Whatever the contributing factors, the bottom line was we had to stay put in both positions in the first round.

Both picks have the potential to be dynamite if everything pans out meeting expectations but we have been stating this as Rams fans for awhile now. I suspect that the Donald pick could have been a better choice with selecting Dix because of need but perhaps Williams has somebody in mind on Day 2 or he believes our current roster has the necessary players at Safety to go forward.

We will know soon enough though and if things don't turn out, then those of you who have been doubting the Snisher regime will have plenty of ammo to lambaste these dudes again and we will all be back here next year hoping for the same things just like we have been doing for some time.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry Blue, but I don't see you running any NFL franchises these days. Your opinion is just as valid as anybody else's of course, but let's not forget that is all it is--your opinion. Others who have a different opinion can certainly support their arguments as well. No reason to disparage anybody else that disagrees with you. To say that Watkins wouldn't help this team is also just a ridiculous statement. Granted, Bradford and Shottenheimer probably wouldn't take complete advantage of his talents, but he'd still be the most dynamic playmaker we would have had.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping that somehow we'd trade back into the first round and get Dix or Dennard since they fell so far. If we could have picked one of them up for our 2nd and third or something like that it would have addressed another need without being too expensive. I just don't see anything else worth gambling on at S in the next few rounds.