• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DPOY odds

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHO!? And by how much? Bosa? MAYBE.. it's CLOSE, I get that's the sexy pick because it's a rookie. Gilmore? OKAY sure... who the fuck else are you talking about?

Everyone wants Bosa and Gilmore because the 49ers and Patriots seem like the teams to meet in the Super Bowl. That's all well and fine, but if I had my choice THIS YEAR to put either of them on Seattle's roster, I'll take Donald in a second. Bosa and Gilmore and NOT far behind, but you posters are acting like it's RIDICULOUS Donald is #1 odds.

It has nothing to do with the 'name'. Oh I guess Mike Trout just wins MVP because of his 'name'. No... it's because he's fucking that good (at least now).
no one is disputing he isnt having a good year. (well maybe a packer fan)
You believe he is odds on favorite & other of us dont.
Donald could be the best Defensive player in the league. Doesnt mean he gets handed the award every year. if others have a better season, then they win the award.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is disputing he isnt having a good year. (well maybe a packer fan)
You believe he is odds on favorite & other of us dont.
Donald could be the best Defensive player in the league. Doesnt mean he gets handed the award every year. if others have a better season, then they win the award.

I agree. If others have a better season (you need to define what exactly) than sure, they should get the nod. Who is that and why? Give me some examples and knowledge other than that stupid bird poster, of why Donald shouldn't be the favorite.

"Because he's getting recognition for his name!" (which is what a handful of you said)... K, so JJ Watt shouldn't have won 3/4 years because of his name, Mike Trout is a fraud, etc. That's a stupid argument because those players are GOOD (just like Donald). I haven't seen that many defenders come close to the level of output that Donald current produces. THAT'S why he's #1 on the list. If you disagree with that fine. You're 100% entitled to your opinion, but I reserve the right to think it's a stupid one until you prove otherwise (which that dork eagles failed to come close to).

Not gonna lie, seems like everyone is blowing their cap over Donald being the front runner because he's on a team that likely wont make the playoffs... instead of two other guys (who have played VERY well - not disputing that - in Bosa/Gilmore) who are going to make the playoffs. The best player is not always on a Super Bowl contender/playoff team, unless it's generally a QB. I guess Barry Sanders was absolute trash the years he missed the playoffs (and please look up those years... he was quite legendary).

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If others have a better season (you need to define what exactly) than sure, they should get the nod. Who is that and why? Give me some examples and knowledge other than that stupid bird poster, of why Donald shouldn't be the favorite.

"Because he's getting recognition for his name!" (which is what a handful of you said)... K, so JJ Watt shouldn't have won 3/4 years because of his name, Mike Trout is a fraud, etc. That's a stupid argument because those players are GOOD (just like Donald). I haven't seen that many defenders come close to the level of output that Donald current produces. THAT'S why he's #1 on the list. If you disagree with that fine. You're 100% entitled to your opinion, but I reserve the right to think it's a stupid one until you prove otherwise (which that dork eagles failed to come close to).
I am fine with us not agreeing on this. I just responded to you to say I dont think people were saying he was playing bad. Just not odds on favorite. Rarely will a middle of the road team win individual awards (MVPs & such) Gilmore is a major reason for his defense playing like a #1 defense (dont really know who is #1 right now) Until recently Bosa's Niners were right there with same argument. Whether that is fair or not, it is often how these awards goes too. usually doesnt go to a player of a team that didnt make the playoffs. I believe odds on favorite should be Gilmore right now. their Defense actually carries the Patriots right now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with us not agreeing on this. I just responded to you to say I dont think people were saying he was playing bad. Just not odds on favorite. Rarely will a middle of the road team win individual awards (MVPs & such) Gilmore is a major reason for his defense playing like a #1 defense (dont really know who is #1 right now) Until recently Bosa's Niners were right there with same argument. Whether that is fair or not, it is often how these awards goes too. usually doesnt go to a player of a team that didnt make the playoffs. I believe odds on favorite should be Gilmore right now. their Defense actually carries the Patriots right now.

No argument there, friend. But the person winning the award should not be necessarily on a playoff team.

BUT, I totally get you saying that the award usually goes to someone who is on a playoff team. Rams (I think?) can still make it in the playoffs but it's an extremely slim chance.

End of day I think we're on the same page. My point in earlier ridiculous back/forth postings was Donald is DEFINITELY a worthy DPOY candidate, of course regardless of record. Whether he gets it is of course dependent on a few talking penis heads that decide all this crap.