• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DPOY odds

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still VERY effective and a force in the game from what I've watched (forced to watch the Shitcago Bears since I live here)... he just gets double teamed or accounted for a TON and Mitch Trib'INT'sky is terrible.

Here's the big difference I see between what I'd call knowledgeable football folks and... uh... 'the rest of em'. The knowledgeable ones don't SOLELY look at stats or the record of a team. "Oh, Mack only has 7.5 sacks and the Bears suck, HAHA BUST!" Nope... they watch the players and team and make an assessment through what's actually happening.

For example, a Seahawks fan on this forum tried to argue that Clowney was a worthless trade because he didn't have 'sacks'. Yes sacks are very nice, but Clowney has (as expected) been dominant against the run, and a HUGE reason the Seahawks were able to get ANY pressure. Not every pressure resulted in a sack, but the hurries/QB hits add up. It's the same reason I look at Clay Matthews (mentioned earlier) and say the Rams are better off without him, yet he still has 8 sacks. It's the "Madden kiddies" that are like, "BUT 8 SACKS OMGOMFOMFFFFFF STATS BREH FANTASY FOOTBALL!"

Doing a fair bit of rambling here, but I'd like to know where you're getting "Khalil Mack and dropped off like 10 notches this season." He hasn't dropped off at all IMO. Nagy and his shit coaching is the reason the Bears suck.. and getting rid of Howard was stupid as fuck all (with no viable replacement in mind).
Based on watching him against the two packers games. I don’t watch all the Bears games. I didn’t even look at his stats. I use my eyes, son.
Oh look, the Chicago Sun Times agreed with me.

Akiem Hicks returns, Khalil Mack is quiet and the Bears’ defense falls short

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on watching him against the two packers games. I don’t watch all the Bears games. I didn’t even look at his stats. I use my eyes, son.
Oh look, the Chicago Sun Times agreed with me.

Akiem Hicks returns, Khalil Mack is quiet and the Bears’ defense falls short

I will agree Khalil Mack (in the brief moments I watched of the Packers/Bears game since Seattle was playing) didn't do fuck all yesterday, but that was very unusual for him. He's still an elite edge defender.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WUT? Look I love an opportunity to hate on the Rams but that's ridiculous to say that Donald is the reason the Rams run D sucks. Clay Matthews, Fowler, Brockers.. basically EVERYONE on that front 7 except Donald is TERRIBLE (or mediocre) in run defense. The fact the Rams went into this season thinking Clay Matthews was an answer is something I still find hilarious.

Donald cannot be a one man wrecking crew and create a #1 rush/pass defense on his own, and his run defense is probably the only reason the Rams aren't dead last in rushing yards allowed.
They can never stop the run and Donald is the constant year after year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can never stop the run and Donald is the constant year after year.

lol WUT? That's the same as saying, "They can never win the Super Bowl and Barry Sanders is the constant year after year."

Do you even watch the Rams? And I never saw you reply to my post where I said the Rams are top 10 in rush yards per carry (the stat that matters) allowed. Or are you just taking one game where they got annihilated (Dallas) and basing your entire 'assessment' off that?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@eaglesnut Rams are also top 10 in YPC defensively in the NFL...

Guess that # would be a bit higher if dumbass Seattle didn't only rush Carson 15 times (who averaged 5+). :L
Bottom 10 in yards.
Bottom 12 in first downs.
Sure, you can cherry pick a single stat and then grossly mis-apply it if you really want.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom 10 in yards.
Bottom 12 in first downs.
Sure, you can cherry pick a single stat and then grossly mis-apply it if you really want.

WTF are you talking about? The Rams are not bottom 10 in yards allowed, they are top 10 in yards allowed per carry. We're talking about the Rams and Donald and why Donald is not a run defense liability?

Since it's clear to me you don't watch the Rams, I have to call out some stats.. but you can't even understand that or communicate in any meaningful way.

'nut' = 'The Truth', well you got that fucking right, at least.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about? The Rams are not bottom 10 in yards allowed, they are top 10 in yards allowed per carry. We're talking about the Rams and Donald and why Donald is not a run defense liability?

Since it's clear to me you don't watch the Rams, I have to call out some stats.. but you can't even understand that or communicate in any meaningful way.

'nut' = 'The Truth', well you got that fucking right, at least.
Listen dumbfuck. They are 10th worst in rushing yards allowed. You would know that too if you could properly read a list.

Good luck next time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen dumbfuck. They are 10th worst in rushing yards allowed. You would know that too if you could properly read a list.

Good luck next time.

I don't care about total rushing yards allowed. I'm talking about YARDS PER CARRY RUSHING, the STAT THAT ACTUALLY FUCKING MATTERS YOU DUMB FUCKER!

The Rams are ranked #5 in most rush attempts against a team (zero surprise with their pass rush and Ramsey/Rapp). NO FUCKING SHIT they are giving up a lot of TOTAL rushing yards. However, they are stopping it fairly well because they are TOP 10 in the league in YARDS PER CARRY ALLOWED. Every team ranked above them is at LEAST 0.5+ higher in YPC (except Washington who is 0.4!).

Just because you have personally hit on thousands of women and are a virgin, does not make you automatically good hitting on women. Dude... I don't even know what to say at this point. You might be the dumbest, stupidest mother f-

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about total rushing yards allowed. I'm talking about YARDS PER CARRY RUSHING, the STAT THAT ACTUALLY FUCKING MATTERS YOU DUMB FUCKER!

The Rams are ranked #5 in most rush attempts against a team (zero surprise with their pass rush and Ramsey/Rapp). NO FUCKING SHIT they are giving up a lot of TOTAL rushing yards. However, they are stopping it fairly well because they are TOP 10 in the league in YARDS PER CARRY ALLOWED. Every team ranked above them is at LEAST 0.5+ higher in YPC (except Washington who is 0.4!).

Just because you have personally hit on thousands of women and are a virgin, does not make you automatically good hitting on women. Dude... I don't even know what to say at this point. You might be the dumbest, stupidest mother f-

hqdefault.jpg
I don't care about yards per carry. I'm talking about TOTAL RUSHING YARDS, the STAT THAT ACTUALLY FUCKING MATTERS YOU DUMB FUCKER!

1 run for 30 yards doesn't impact a game as much as 30 runs for 150 yards.

Keep yelling though, you sound brilliant.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about yards per carry. I'm talking about TOTAL RUSHING YARDS, the STAT THAT ACTUALLY FUCKING MATTERS YOU DUMB FUCKER!

1 run for 30 yards doesn't impact a game as much as 30 runs for 150 yards.

Keep yelling though, you sound brilliant.

Hello user: "eaglesnut", the user account: "Sharkonabicycle", has temporarily screened your replies. If this is an error, please contact the forum moderators and explain why you're a FUCKING IDIOT, and responses will resume. Thank you.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello user: "eaglesnut", the user account: "Sharkonabicycle", has temporarily screened your replies. If this is an error, please contact the forum moderators and explain why you're a FUCKING IDIOT, and responses will resume. Thank you.
You can't count to ten and you can't acknowledge 150 > 30. Sad.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't count to ten and you can't acknowledge 150 > 30. Sad.

Hello, the user account: "Sharkonabicycle", has temporarily screened your replies. If this is an error, please contact the forum moderators and explain why you're a FUCKING IDIOT, and responses will resume. Thank you.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello, the user account: "Sharkonabicycle", has temporarily screened your replies. If this is an error, please contact the forum moderators and explain why you're a FUCKING IDIOT, and responses will resume. Thank you.
You're so adorable.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so adorable.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand some of you saying Donald shouldn't be in the mix. The guy is still a beast and the best DT in football which is an extremely difficult position to draft and have guys excel in. Nick Bosa has been a force as well, but I'd still take Donald for a single game in the playoffs this year (over Bosa).

It's not Donald's fault Jared Goof showed up a bunch this year (mostly due to a shit line) and the Rams have continued to not address their LB crew (Clay Matthews, really?) allowing teams to run all over them.
I dont think him being in the mix was the big deal.
I think he was odds on favorite was the big deal to a bunch of us.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think him being in the mix was the big deal.
I think he was odds on favorite was the big deal to a bunch of us.

Why? He's still one of (if not the best) defensive players in football... I would absolutely be playing the odds he would be selected. Is there something I'm missing?

He's played great majority of the year. Yes the Rams got blown apart by Dallas... but that's not solely on Donald.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? He's still one of (if not the best) defensive players in football... I would absolutely be playing the odds he would be selected. Is there something I'm missing?

He's played great majority of the year. Yes the Rams got blown apart by Dallas... but that's not solely on Donald.
I absolutely would take him on my team. he has also played well.
but you dont just get the award for being Aaron Donald. But at the time those odds were put on here, there were others that had should have been ahead of him, but he is the name recognition. (Vegas understands that)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely would take him on my team. he has also played well.
but you dont just get the award for being Aaron Donald. But at the time those odds were put on here, there were others that had should have been ahead of him, but he is the name recognition. (Vegas understands that)

WHO!? And by how much? Bosa? MAYBE.. it's CLOSE, I get that's the sexy pick because it's a rookie. Gilmore? OKAY sure... who the fuck else are you talking about?

Everyone wants Bosa and Gilmore because the 49ers and Patriots seem like the teams to meet in the Super Bowl. That's all well and fine, but if I had my choice THIS YEAR to put either of them on Seattle's roster, I'll take Donald in a second. Bosa and Gilmore and NOT far behind, but you posters are acting like it's RIDICULOUS Donald is #1 odds.

It has nothing to do with the 'name'. Oh I guess Mike Trout just wins MVP because of his 'name'. No... it's because he's fucking that good (at least now).