• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DPOY odds

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa's been everything and more...but I doubt he'll be DPOY. Too many injuries have ripped that defense up for voters to know, care or even understand.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa
Donald
Watt

TJ is having a helluva year, but he’s going to need a stellar 3 game stretch to close the year if he wants to overtake the other 2.

TJ added another game last night.....two to go......

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand some of you saying Donald shouldn't be in the mix. The guy is still a beast and the best DT in football which is an extremely difficult position to draft and have guys excel in. Nick Bosa has been a force as well, but I'd still take Donald for a single game in the playoffs this year (over Bosa).

It's not Donald's fault Jared Goof showed up a bunch this year (mostly due to a shit line) and the Rams have continued to not address their LB crew (Clay Matthews, really?) allowing teams to run all over them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand some of you saying Donald shouldn't be in the mix. The guy is still a beast and the best DT in football which is an extremely difficult position to draft and have guys excel in. Nick Bosa has been a force as well, but I'd still take Donald for a single game in the playoffs this year (over Bosa).

It's not Donald's fault Jared Goof showed up a bunch this year (mostly due to a shit line) and the Rams have continued to not address their LB crew (Clay Matthews, really?) allowing teams to run all over them.

This isn't about a single game or even the best overall player, it's production. Donald is still the best DT in the game and obviously a force but he hasn't been the best defensive player on the field this year...still in the mix, sure.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ added another game last night.....two to go......
Pretty damn good. 1 tackle for loss & a FF is basically all that separated him from Bosa this week. If only Vince wasn't in on that sack too.

Watt
0.5 sack
2 QB Hits
1 FF
4 tackles (3 solo, 1 assist, 2 TFL)
1 PD

Bosa
1 sack
2 QB Hits
0 FF
3 tackles (1 solo, 2 assist, 1 TFL)
1 PD

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One trick ponies that get exposed against the run all year shouldn't be DPOY.

Donald just goes for the stats while the opposing running back goes for first down after first down.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clown answer not to include Donald

Keep being a homer, there are plenty of players that won it that didn't have the best season but bc of their name.
Donald hasn't been the best defensive player as of right now, two more weeks though...who knows.

I'd give it to Gilmore, definitely could be in my top 3. Just more difficult for a DB to win it than DL.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't about a single game or even the best overall player, it's production. Donald is still the best DT in the game and obviously a force but he hasn't been the best defensive player on the field this year...still in the mix, sure.
IDK about that. Teams have to specifically scheme for him. We can't say the same for many, if any, other defensive players in the league. Knowing that coaches are specifically tailoring their entire gameplans to get the ball away from Donald keeps him in the discussion for me. Not having the stats to backup a DPOY candidacy is a bit of a farce, but I do understand your point. The DPOY voters do have to draw a line in the sand to physically measure & gauge the players somehow, and stats & accolades win out every time.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep being a homer, there are plenty of players that won it that didn't have the best season but bc of their name.
Donald hasn't been the best defensive player as of right now, two more weeks though...who knows.

I'd give it to Gilmore, definitely could be in my top 3. Just more difficult for a DB to win it than DL.

Nothing about being a homer to know that Donald is the most disruptive person in football. There is a reason nobody draws more double, triple, hell quadruple teams than him. He broke the all sack record in season by a DT with all these double and triple teams, he plays a harder position bringing pass rush into the qbs face, not coming off the edge beating one guy to get a blind side sack. Imagine if Donald had one on ones all season, guy would have 30 sacks

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One trick ponies that get exposed against the run all year shouldn't be DPOY.

Donald just goes for the stats while the opposing running back goes for first down after first down.

WUT? Look I love an opportunity to hate on the Rams but that's ridiculous to say that Donald is the reason the Rams run D sucks. Clay Matthews, Fowler, Brockers.. basically EVERYONE on that front 7 except Donald is TERRIBLE (or mediocre) in run defense. The fact the Rams went into this season thinking Clay Matthews was an answer is something I still find hilarious.

Donald cannot be a one man wrecking crew and create a #1 rush/pass defense on his own, and his run defense is probably the only reason the Rams aren't dead last in rushing yards allowed.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Khalil Mack has dropped off like 10 notches this season. Hardly even hear his name anymore. Hardly heard it yesterday.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WUT? Look I love an opportunity to hate on the Rams but that's ridiculous to say that Donald is the reason the Rams run D sucks. Clay Matthews, Fowler, Brockers.. basically EVERYONE on that front 7 except Donald is TERRIBLE (or mediocre) in run defense. The fact the Rams went into this season thinking Clay Matthews was an answer is something I still find hilarious.

Donald cannot be a one man wrecking crew and create a #1 rush/pass defense on his own, and his run defense is probably the only reason the Rams aren't dead last in rushing yards allowed.

Dipshit Eaglesnut found Donald's weakness, he can only play one position. Offensive coordinator's biggest job when facing the Rams, make sure his ol men and QB know where Donald is before the play is ran, and design the play to run away from his area

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@eaglesnut Rams are also top 10 in YPC defensively in the NFL...

Guess that # would be a bit higher if dumbass Seattle didn't only rush Carson 15 times (who averaged 5+). :L

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Khalil Mack has dropped off like 10 notches this season. Hardly even hear his name anymore. Hardly heard it yesterday.

He's still VERY effective and a force in the game from what I've watched (forced to watch the Shitcago Bears since I live here)... he just gets double teamed or accounted for a TON and Mitch Trib'INT'sky is terrible.

Here's the big difference I see between what I'd call knowledgeable football folks and... uh... 'the rest of em'. The knowledgeable ones don't SOLELY look at stats or the record of a team. "Oh, Mack only has 7.5 sacks and the Bears suck, HAHA BUST!" Nope... they watch the players and team and make an assessment through what's actually happening.

For example, a Seahawks fan on this forum tried to argue that Clowney was a worthless trade because he didn't have 'sacks'. Yes sacks are very nice, but Clowney has (as expected) been dominant against the run, and a HUGE reason the Seahawks were able to get ANY pressure. Not every pressure resulted in a sack, but the hurries/QB hits add up. It's the same reason I look at Clay Matthews (mentioned earlier) and say the Rams are better off without him, yet he still has 8 sacks. It's the "Madden kiddies" that are like, "BUT 8 SACKS OMGOMFOMFFFFFF STATS BREH FANTASY FOOTBALL!"

Doing a fair bit of rambling here, but I'd like to know where you're getting "Khalil Mack and dropped off like 10 notches this season." He hasn't dropped off at all IMO. Nagy and his shit coaching is the reason the Bears suck.. and getting rid of Howard was stupid as fuck all (with no viable replacement in mind).