• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doug Pederson Fired

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles will also be interviewing Todd Bowles.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many coaches see the NFL as the main pedestal, and don't care who the owner is as long as they can reach the top.

This isn't some guy who is lacking offers from the NFL. He is among several college coaches that could likely land a NFL job any year they would like. The Eagles are a situation that makes little to no sense for him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so convinced he would never tank that game without approval or instruction from the top

now amazingly, seems he really did that on his own

That's what the front office wants you to believe. They're just dodging the blame IMO.

Reactions: DJ

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what the front office wants you to believe. They're just dodging the blame IMO.

Very possible
We prob will never know, coaches with future aspirations typically wouldn’t throw an organization under the bus

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I doubt Riley would coach the Eagles, money talks. If they offer him $10 mil a year he may blink

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jimmy johnson didnt get canned supposedly but he was gone after winning 2 SBs in a row Is there a dumber owner than jerry jones? :suds:
I present Dan Snyder, Mark Davis , Cal McNair, Dean Spano’s, as contenders but the Lifetime Award goes to
Donald Sterling.
In the NFL Snyder Davis McNair and Spanos are way worse than Jerry. Jerry is brilliant on the marketing side nobody comes close in NFL History now the football side well it has been 25 years since the Cowboys were in a SB.

Reactions: DJ

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I doubt Riley would coach the Eagles, money talks. If they offer him $10 mil a year he may blink
I think Jerry already tried that I don’t think Riley moves out of OU for the Eagles.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the Hawks let Schneider go. I would take him in a sec. Do you not like him as your GM?

Schneider is a fraud many in Seattle want him gone. He basically got lucky in the one draft years back but since then has not dome much.

In the last 5 drafts he drafted 49 players and 7 of those are current starters They have no #1 drfat picks in the next 2 years for a player that did not make that much of a difference. Many in Seattle want him gone

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he got them the 6th pick instead of the 9th pick ! He’s a winner !!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salah brought in for a second interview with the Jets today and local reports he is their guy

I hate the hire

feels like Rex rah rah high energy all over again. Those guys voices get tuned out after some losing sets in

whether it’s Darnald or they draft a QB, makes no sense to me they go with a defensive minded coach

but it’s the Jets
If you are thinking the guy is a bad hire because you dont think he will be a good HC. Well that is one argument & so be it.
but if you dont like the hire because he is a defensive HC. Let me share with you my thoughts.
If I could magically have a good HC no matter what. I would rather that person be a Defensive HC not an offensive guy. My reasonings. A defensive HC & a DC usually work together. A offensive HC & a OC it is usually one or the other in charge THE HC most times want to do the play calling, where as a Defensive HC can concentrate on you know. Being the Head coach. Also if you need to make changes to an offense. With a Offensive HC that usually means a complete overhaul of all coaching since you will be changing out the HC to make that fix.
Defensive HC you can change out any coordinator without blowing up the staff. Ultimately if you could find a quality ST coach to be a HC would be best, but since most of these HCs come from being a big name in offense or defense. The ST coach is a rare HC.
Jets get a defensive minded HC, they just have to get their QB whisperer at OC &/or QB coach.
Jets get an offensive HC he has to be right about everything. as he will override OCs & QB coaches.

So if you knew (magically) you were getting a good HC in your next hire. I would lean towards a DC, HC than a OC, HC.