• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

dont think we draft a QB this draft

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but for those looking at late round QBs or even UDFA this year (no way we take an early round QB)

ESPN's Todd McShay called Pittsburgh's Tom Savage the draft's biggest QB sleeper.

This opinion comes on the heels of Smart Football's Chris Brown calling Savage "fool's gold for scouts." Savage has been the toast of the postseason process as evaluators salivate over his bazooka arm. Some forgive his inconsistencies on the field by pointing to his substandard teammates, while some say he simply doesn't have the footwork, reaction to pressure and throwing accuracy of an NFL QB. "He played behind a very poor offensive line at Pittsburgh, and didn't get much help from his pass-catchers, either, but he was the most impressive pure thrower of the football at the combine, according to different people I've talked to from around the league," McShay wrote. "His arm strength is just a notch below elite. Another guy to keep an eye on is Merrimack's Joe Clancey, who could get a shot in a training camp as an undrafted free agent."

Source: ESPN Insider

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo has the most upside of any prospect at the position.

"The reason I say upside is because if he would have put him in a major college program, where would he rank? Probably top five or top 10," Kiper said, adding Garoppolo has a super quick release. Rotoworld's Josh Norris also lists Garoppolo as his fifth quarterback, but questions his feet in the pocket and specifically under pressure. Kiper believes Garoppolo could go a bit later than he should due to playing in the FCS.

Source: ESPN

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on Wednesday that 12 teams have expressed interest in Georgia QB Aaron Murray.

Murray is currently in Phoenix preparing for Georgia’s pro day on April 16. Pat Dye, Jr., Murray’s agent, said the signal caller has garnered interest from the following teams: Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Arizona, Minnesota, New Orleans, St. Louis, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas, Oakland, Tennessee and Kansas City. "There’s just a real positive buzz about Aaron with the teams," Dye said. "He’s well ahead of schedule [from ACL surgery in November] and he should be fine to start training camp or at some point during training camp. Whether if that’s the first day or two weeks into it. Aaron swears he’ll be ready by training camp, a full go."

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will draft a QB in the mid rounds. I'm surprised no one ever talks about McCarron. I wouldn't mind taking him or the usual names like Garoppolo and Murray.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will draft a QB in the mid rounds. I'm surprised no one ever talks about McCarron. I wouldn't mind taking him or the usual names like Garoppolo and Murray.

I wouldn't mind taking any one of them. Of the three I prefer Garoppolo , but he will probably cost a 3rd rd pick. Don't think we can use a 3rd on a QB. We should of be able to get Murray or McCarron in the 5th. If we miss on them it won't be the end of the World. If we do spend a 3rd on Garoppolo or a 4th on Murray I won't be Break the TV mad.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we use a 3rd rounder. I'm thinking 4th or later. Also, with all of these 7th rounders I'd think the odds are pretty high we take a QB at some point. Seems QBs are often the UFDAs teams fight over, so we could pick someone in the 7th to lock them up.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure Cowboys draft a QB. Undrafted FA is likely.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:twitch:

Getting him in the 4th or 5th is my ideal scenario :)

If he isn't there and we don't take one in the first 6 rounds, I would think we would burn one of our six 7th rounders on someone so we don't have to try to convince an UDFA QB to sign.

edit: and I see you guys already said everything I just said :thumb:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we use a 3rd rounder. I'm thinking 4th or later. Also, with all of these 7th rounders I'd think the odds are pretty high we take a QB at some point. Seems QBs are often the UFDAs teams fight over, so we could pick someone in the 7th to lock them up.

I don't think we use a 3rd either. Just won't be upset if we did on Garoppolo

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase that. If there is a OL or defensive stud available i might be upset

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:twitch:

Getting him in the 4th or 5th is my ideal scenario :)

If he isn't there and we don't take one in the first 6 rounds, I would think we would burn one of our six 7th rounders on someone so we don't have to try to convince an UDFA QB to sign.

edit: and I see you guys already said everything I just said :thumb:

I think the bama QB will be gone by the 3rd round if not earlier. Something tells me he climbs as the draft gets closer

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the stuff I have read lately is McCarron is expected to go in the 2nd round now.
Some has even hinted they think he will end up the best of this draft.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on Wednesday that 12 teams have expressed interest in Georgia QB Aaron Murray.

Murray is currently in Phoenix preparing for Georgia’s pro day on April 16. Pat Dye, Jr., Murray’s agent, said the signal caller has garnered interest from the following teams: Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Arizona, Minnesota, New Orleans, St. Louis, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas, Oakland, Tennessee and Kansas City. "There’s just a real positive buzz about Aaron with the teams," Dye said. "He’s well ahead of schedule [from ACL surgery in November] and he should be fine to start training camp or at some point during training camp. Whether if that’s the first day or two weeks into it. Aaron swears he’ll be ready by training camp, a full go."

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Schmoopy, the guys you listed are the reason it would be insane to take a QB in the top 10 this year, those guys, along with Carr, are as likely to make it as Bortles, Bridgewater, and Manziel, IMO

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schmoopy, the guys you listed are the reason it would be insane to take a QB in the top 10 this year, those guys, along with Carr, are as likely to make it as Bortles, Bridgewater, and Manziel, IMO
I dont think any QB in this draft is worth a top ten pick really. Hell wouldnt take any of them until late in the 1st at the earliest, & that is only if our scouts were saying great things about him. I have heard some serious question marks on all of them. Granted when you are expected to be a top ten pick all the flaws that can be mustered get brought to light, but I dont see a top ten QB here either. As far as the boys dont see us drafting one unless we use one of our bazillon 7th rd. picks on a flyer. (which I am basically looking at as a UDFA) Got to waste the 7ths on someone. BPA all the way by then. I dont care if it is a punter LOL

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Garrett Gilbert has been mentioned a few times on this board. Never knew much about him, but recently watched a few of his highlight reels. He has a cannon. It looked to me he was surrounded by a supporting cast that was not real good. Some of the throws he makes are sick.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would draft Gilbert in the 7th. I would also draft a punter as well. Jones to me is garbage.