• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't think the Cavs can win with Lebron playing like Kobe

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc Rivers was the first person that I heard use the term "Heroball". I've seen Kobe win games this way being a shooter, but in tonight's case, when you get 44 points on 38 shots, it's not a healthy recipe for victory. Lebron looked like an animal tonight, but while that keeps you in a game, your role players get cold in the process. Now, I won't claim to know the recipe for instant success, and it also gets harder if Kyrie is seriously injured, but I liked the double pick and rolls that they ran...however when Lebron gets the ball and dribble,dribble, dribbles, and also when GS doesn't care to send many doubles, Lebron is gonna get his shots, much like Kobe could always gets his shots. With that being said however, putting up shots was Kobe's game, and Lebron is at his best when he's being Magic Johnson. Lebron could get away with volume shooting against the Hawks and Bulls, but Golden state's offense is on another level. In game 2, Cleveland is gonna have to mix in those double pick and rolls, and also let JR smith get a few more touches, especially if Kyrie is out. Now with all of this being said, Lebron did have a chance to win in regulation....but in this series going forward, he's going to have to be 28 point, 9-10 assist with effective FG % Lebron for them to have their best chance. Easier said than done however

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you said but with Love being out and JR/Shump going MIA, LBJ doesn't have much of an option but to play hero ball.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you said but with Love being out and JR/Shump going MIA, LBJ doesn't have much of an option but to play hero ball.
I kind of thought that JR had something going in the first half with the stepbacks, but they went away from it although that was partly because Bron was beasting so I understand it. As for the injuries, if Kyrie is out, then I won't even pretend like I have the answer for Cleveland to make this one competitive. It's either Bron putting up shots, letting JR get a lot more touches than he did tonight, or letting Mozgov get some post touches

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Lebron played like he did in the old days when he quit going down the stretch except that they made it to overtime and then only scored two points in five minutes. It was the wrong time to go ice cold

frytening

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only reason they stay in the game with this heroball iso BS is the offensive rebounding from Thomson and Mozgov. Tough break regarding Love and now Kyrie. Im sure Lebron will win at least 2 games by himself though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Lebron played like he did in the old days when he quit going down the stretch except that they made it to overtime and then only scored two points in five minutes. It was the wrong time to go ice cold

He was tired. Playing iso and backing down opponents all game will do that. He needs to play HERO ball now more than ever though. It would be smart for GS to double him now honestly.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ is a force in any Championship series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc Rivers was the first person that I heard use the term "Heroball". I've seen Kobe win games this way being a shooter, but in tonight's case, when you get 44 points on 38 shots, it's not a healthy recipe for victory. Lebron looked like an animal tonight, but while that keeps you in a game, your role players get cold in the process. Now, I won't claim to know the recipe for instant success, and it also gets harder if Kyrie is seriously injured, but I liked the double pick and rolls that they ran...however when Lebron gets the ball and dribble,dribble, dribbles, and also when GS doesn't care to send many doubles, Lebron is gonna get his shots, much like Kobe could always gets his shots. With that being said however, putting up shots was Kobe's game, and Lebron is at his best when he's being Magic Johnson. Lebron could get away with volume shooting against the Hawks and Bulls, but Golden state's offense is on another level. In game 2, Cleveland is gonna have to mix in those double pick and rolls, and also let JR smith get a few more touches, especially if Kyrie is out. Now with all of this being said, Lebron did have a chance to win in regulation....but in this series going forward, he's going to have to be 28 point, 9-10 assist with effective FG % Lebron for them to have their best chance. Easier said than done however

You make very good points, but the fact is he had them right where they needed to be and that's all that matters. He gave guys plenty of looks and they couldnt make the shots, he probably could have had double digit assists if certain guys hit open shots.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^THIS^^^

The Cavs may not be able to win with Lebron playing like he did last night, but it's also their only chance to even win a game, let alone the series.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they can't win with Lebron playing like Kobe. That's because Lebron is doing it wrong. To play and win like Kobe, he's suppose to stick his jaw out after every made shot.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they can't win with Lebron playing like Kobe. That's because Lebron is doing it wrong. To play and win like Kobe, he's suppose to stick his jaw out after every made shot.

And give his teammates and the refs the death stare.

Captain Confusion

I Can't Remember the last time I was here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least Lebron has the Kobe glare down pat...!!!