• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't Shoot The Messenger

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was on NFL.com regarding QB's that need a change of scenery.

1) Sam Bradford
Prior to the 2014 draft, I argued that the Rams needed to select a quarterback in the first or second round. If they had, their win-loss record this season (6-10) could've been very different. St. Louis' reliance on Bradford, who simply cannot stay healthy, is absurd. The inability to protect the team with a legit backup is mind-boggling -- Austin Davis and Shaun Hill are not answers when you have Bradford at quarterback.

Jeff Fisher swears he will bring in someone new to compete with Bradford. But here's the problem: Bradford always makes you go gaga over his amazing potential in the spring and summer. You get fooled in the moment. The Rams need a clean break. So does Bradford. It just seems like he's snake-bitten in St. Louis.

This franchise is wasting a talented defense in a tough NFC West. The Rams can't set themselves up for yet another non-playoff year in 2015. They need a new starter under center.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah right because every team just cuts the guy that has amazing potential and looks amazing in practice. you can't predict injures. yeah I love these guys that say they need a new starter like they sell NFL QBs at walmart and you can just go pick one up. Maybe bring Sanchez or Locker in to compete idk

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that guy was screaming the rams should take Money Manziel last year. can you imagine? Manziel and no Donald??

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is wishful thinking and homerism on my part but I would like to see Chase Daniel brought in for some of that competition.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is wishful thinking and homerism on my part but I would like to see Chase Daniel brought in for some of that competition.

I think that too

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same argument in Detroit where fans are tired that Stafford isn't an elite QB.

The question really is do you want Jay Headcase Cutler or draft a mid tier QB like Drew Stanton and hope they develop. But understand you draft a QB your most likely writing off a season or two.

The NFL is full of Matt Schwab types and any good QB will cost. Carson Palmer was the best available QB last season and I doubt their is one in his class this off season.

Reclamation projects like RG3, Geno Smith, Jake Locker will exist but Bradford doesn't look so bad when thinking about Geno Smith under center.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was on NFL.com regarding QB's that need a change of scenery.

1) Sam Bradford
Prior to the 2014 draft, I argued that the Rams needed to select a quarterback in the first or second round. If they had, their win-loss record this season (6-10) could've been very different. St. Louis' reliance on Bradford, who simply cannot stay healthy, is absurd. The inability to protect the team with a legit backup is mind-boggling -- Austin Davis and Shaun Hill are not answers when you have Bradford at quarterback.

Jeff Fisher swears he will bring in someone new to compete with Bradford. But here's the problem: Bradford always makes you go gaga over his amazing potential in the spring and summer. You get fooled in the moment. The Rams need a clean break. So does Bradford. It just seems like he's snake-bitten in St. Louis.

This franchise is wasting a talented defense in a tough NFC West. The Rams can't set themselves up for yet another non-playoff year in 2015. They need a new starter under center.

And that's what is driving me nuts about these guys that want to continue to roll the dice with Bradford!:L:L

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's what is driving me nuts about these guys that want to continue to roll the dice with Bradford!:L:L

This guy makes no sense though. its all nice talk but not how it works. he says if you have Bradford you can't have backups like Davis & Hill. gee he's right i guess we should have Manning and Brady as back ups lol that would be nice but not a reality. how many teams have a solid starter Backup? who is big bens backup? bradys backup? they would be screwed like us if they go down in preseason.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax you made it your completely nuts. :lol:

Well I guess I fit in with this organization then!

As Retro has already quoted, the definition of insanity, is to continue to do the same thing, but expect different results!

I guess the Rams are insane!

Last edited by a moderator:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy makes no sense though. its all nice talk but not how it works. he says if you have Bradford you can't have backups like Davis & Hill. gee he's right i guess we should have Manning and Brady as back ups lol that would be nice but not a reality. how many teams have a solid starter Backup? who is big bens backup? bradys backup? they would be screwed like us if they go down in preseason.

I wouldn't get to worked up about what the media has to say. We will hear it all before its over. Hell I just started a rumor that Warner was coming out of retirement for us. That's all hush, hush.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, let it go, we finished right about where we were going to injury or not! New England is the exception, Their starter Bledsoe went down, Brady stepped right in, Brady did get hurt and Cassell stepped in and did good job. Philly seems to find capable QB's, there are a few other teams that do, why because those teams have more of a clue than we do! Your QB has done nothing for you in 5 years, you don't continue to think that a miracle will happen and all of a sudden he is somebody he hasn't been for 5 years!

You are right there really is only a handful of good QB's, Bradford falls into that group of average QB's, there are plenty of them out there

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, let it go, we finished right about where we were going to injury or not! New England is the exception, Their starter Bledsoe went down, Brady stepped right in, Brady did get hurt and Cassell stepped in and did good job. Philly seems to find capable QB's, there are a few other teams that do, why because those teams have more of a clue than we do! Your QB has done nothing for you in 5 years, you don't continue to think that a miracle will happen and all of a sudden he is somebody he hasn't been for 5 years!

You are right there really is only a handful of good QB's, Bradford falls into that group of average QB's, there are plenty of them out there

lol at you telling me to let it go. :rolls eyes: the talent is there. he was the undisputed QB coming out of college, shit load of awards. the team just now is getting some talent around him. if he stays healthy he will light it up. I never said he's in the Brady, Rodgers league. Sam's still the starter till someone beats him out.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at you telling me to let it go. :rolls eyes: the talent is there. he was the undisputed QB coming out of college, shit load of awards. the team just now is getting some talent around him. if he stays healthy he will light it up. I never said he's in the Brady, Rodgers league. Sam's still the starter till someone beats him out.

Wow, he was the undisputed QB coming out of college SIX years ago. Shit load of college awards means exactly that, Jack Shit, there have been more can't miss College QB's that missed than there have been that became stars!

You keep saying he has all this talent, but haven't really backed it up with anything but"you think" he can do it! He looks really good in practice and a few scrimmage games. Look at the facts, look at the results, he hasn't done jack!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but Sammie is one of the best sunflower seed eaters I have ever seen!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look Sammie might be a great guy, I'd love to be in his shoes, butt load of money, beautiful girlfriend. The difference between you and me is I "like" Davis, I don't care if he is our QB next year, I want to win with whoever our QB is. If it's Bradford great, "if" he gets the job done, I just don't see it, and I'm basing it on what I have seen from him in 5 years.

You on the other hand "love" Sammie, you see all this potential and talent, that he hasn't even shown yet, ya maybe a game or two here and there, but overall he hasn't come through. He has had almost 50 games to show what he has and we have seen what he has, not much, the results are the results, and they are below average if you want to be realistic.

That's great that you have a favorite player, you said you wear his jersey all the time, I'm only assuming but you probably have a poster or two of him also. You are too biassed, and you are driving the Sammie bandwagon. I can take or leave Davis, you want Sammie to be our QB so bad, that yi will be crushed if he isn't!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Sammie might be a great guy, I'd love to be in his shoes, butt load of money, beautiful girlfriend. The difference between you and me is I "like" Davis, I don't care if he is our QB next year, I want to win with whoever our QB is. If it's Bradford great, "if" he gets the job done, I just don't see it, and I'm basing it on what I have seen from him in 5 years.

You on the other hand "love" Sammie, you see all this potential and talent, that he hasn't even shown yet, ya maybe a game or two here and there, but overall he hasn't come through. He has had almost 50 games to show what he has and we have seen what he has, not much, the results are the results, and they are below average if you want to be realistic.

That's great that you have a favorite player, you said you wear his jersey all the time, I'm only assuming but you probably have a poster or two of him also. You are too biassed, and you are driving the Sammie bandwagon. I can take or leave Davis, you want Sammie to be our QB so bad, that yi will be crushed if he isn't!

you can take or leave Davis because he sucks and got benched for over the Hill thrill :L. his Knee won't fail us again. Sam is the man you know this in your heart. you will be on the Sammie bandwagon soon! of course i have posters.. who doesn't?? :clap:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can take or leave Davis because he sucks and got benched for over the Hill thrill :L. his Knee won't fail us again. Sam is the man you know this in your heart. you will be on the Sammie bandwagon soon! of course i have posters.. who doesn't?? :clap:

Davis got benched because Fisher has no patience ( except for the players he falls in love with for one reason or another ).

I have no doubt that the Rams would've won those 3 games Hill started even with Davis in. The Denver game was all about the defense and Oakland and Washington are, well, Oakland and Washington. And maybe they win the SD game as well as AZ ( remember that Davis threw 2 TD's in the first AZ game before the wheels fell off in the 4th ). Hill managed to get us 2 lousy FG's.

That's 6-8 wins by a QB that had never started a regular season game. Any team would gladly take that from a young QB.

But, instead of riding out the season with Davis to see if he could turn things around, Fisher got impatient and went to an over the hill journeyman QB that did no better even though he had "experience". That was Fisher's excuse, right? He wouldn't be making those same mistakes Davis was making. Oops!

And Davis was making those mistakes against top 10 defenses. Hill fared no better when he faced those same defenses later in the season and he's a vet.

I still think Davis has potential. Too bad we will never know because Fisher wouldn't let him play out the season that was going nowhere anyways.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Davis has potential. Too bad we will never know because Fisher wouldn't let him play out the season that was going nowhere anyways.

You watch, they wont re-sign Davis and he will go elsewhere and do well, and we will continue with Sadford and pay him a high salary and he will be on IR before week 2! :L ....all because our freakin coach is an idiot! I can see it happening!