• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't be fooled by judge in Deflategate case; NFL will win in end over Brady

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many lawyer opinions about this. Not all with this one. As noted by the judge, the courts have thrown out arbitration cases before and the judge made a point of criticizing the process of the NFL in several way.

Certainly the judge wants them to settle and he may end up holding nose and siding with NFL but I also believe that the judge is capable to ruling for Brady with justification that will make it stick if he wants to.
That is all fine. However if it goes to the court of appeals, it will most likely get overturned considering the NFLPA agreed to the entire appeal process.

In non-leagal terms. Brady is fucked.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is all fine. However if it goes to the court of appeals, it will most likely get overturned considering the NFLPA agreed to the entire appeal process.

In non-leagal terms. Brady is fucked.

Again. Pure speculation. You don't know that. I think it can depend on the particulars of this case and the justification by Berman. If he has said that there are cases where arbitration has been overturned, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.. Again lawyer opinions vary.

The NFL started this case in New York with some assumption and it may or may not work out for them.. Surprise, surprise.

Explain the justification of the Supreme Court in upholding Obamacare. The law can be variable.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many lawyer opinions about this. Not all with this one. As noted by the judge, the courts have thrown out arbitration cases before and the judge made a point of criticizing the process of the NFL in several ways.

Certainly the judge wants them to settle and he may end up holding nose and siding with NFL but I also believe that the judge is capable to ruling for Brady with justification that will make it stick if he wants to.

Well I would like to restate my opinion on the matter once again;
1314690326-snoring.jpg :gaah::rolleyes2: :doh:

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again. Pure speculation. You don't know that. I think it can depend on the particulars of this case and the justification by Berman. If he has said that there are cases where arbitration has been overturned, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.. Again lawyer opinions vary.

The NFL started this case in New York with some assumption and it may or may not work out for them.. Surprise, surprise.

Explain the justification of the Supreme Court in upholding Obamacare. The law can be variable.

I think the best case scenario is Brady winning this case, and starts playing. The league appeals to the second circuit. It reverses Berman's decision just in time for the playoffs, and Brady misses the playoffs.

Win-win situation for everyone.

:suds:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best case scenario is Brady winning this case, and starts playing. The league appeals to the second circuit. It reverses Berman's decision just in time for the playoffs, and Brady misses the playoffs.

:)

I vote for the appeals process to go into next year. After the Patriots next Superbowl win of course. The court reverses the ruling just in time for Brady to retire.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid read, and I actually agree.

The biggest problem in this whole thing for Brady is that the NFLPA agreed to Goodell as the arbitrator, and agreed that his findings would be binding. They agreed to it. That's pretty much the bottom line from where I'm standing.

I'm not saying that the NFL is right, or that Brady is wrong...I'm just saying, the players and the union screwed themselves in the CBA and are paying for it with situations like this.
:10::agree:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"nice post count"

PS i posted days ago about the steve garvey SC precedent and that even if it goes to 2nd circuit, their hands are tied.

keep up
what about all the other shit ?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:)

I vote for the appeals process to go into next year. After the Patriots next Superbowl win of course. The court reverses the ruling just in time for Brady to retire.

if the judge decides for brady the nfl will appeal the same day and ask for the lower courts order be thrown out . it would be in weeks not months both sides will ask for a hurry up .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid read, and I actually agree.

The biggest problem in this whole thing for Brady is that the NFLPA agreed to Goodell as the arbitrator, and agreed that his findings would be binding. They agreed to it. That's pretty much the bottom line from where I'm standing.

I'm not saying that the NFL is right, or that Brady is wrong...I'm just saying, the players and the union screwed themselves in the CBA and are paying for it with situations like this.

kraft was a huge factor in that contract . so kraft screwed his ne pats fans !!!!!!! oh yes just like brady screwing himself kraft taught him well .

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the judge decides for brady the nfl will appeal the same day and ask for the lower courts order be thrown out . it would be in weeks not months both sides will ask for a hurry up .

Will they? Why should the Brady camp now be in a hurry? Again speculation.

I'm not the lawyer so I'm not saying that it won't pan out as Munson says but I don't think it's a slam dunk for the NFL.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[.QUOTE="PatsFan2003, post: 7059642, member: 8436"]Again. Pure speculation. You don't know that. I think it can depend on the particulars of this case and the justification by Berman. If he has said that there are cases where arbitration has been overturned, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.. Again lawyer opinions vary.

Explain the justification of the Supreme Court in upholding Obamacare. The law can be variable.[/QUOTE]
I agree. It is all speculation
(((YAWN)))
truth hurts doesn't it?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will they? Why should the Brady camp now be in a hurry? Again speculation.

I'm not the lawyer so I'm not saying that it won't pan out as Munson says but I don't think it's a slam dunk for the NFL.
they are in a hurry today so what would change ?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are in a hurry today so what would change ?
Nobody knows how long it will take, but the longer it drags, the more likely it hurts the patriots more. When Brady does serve his suspension, it could be toward the end of the year when the pats are fighting for a playoff spot.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mother Marge gave me a Bullshit rating on my post that said discuss. :lol:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be poetic justice.