• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Dolphins @ Bungles on Amazon Prime and NFL+

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are making way too much of the Tua situation. Dude got knocked out. It happens. Just have to be careful with him moving forward.

The Amazon crew at halftime were acting like he had died.

I guess there wasnt a MMA or boxing fan in the whole mix that can say that he almost certainly is just knocked out. Except that there was. Literally minutes after it happened, Al Michaels said he just spoke to a doctor that said the hand thing was just a neurological response (bodies freeze up when you get knocked out....why its called getting starched).

What I want to know is why there wasnt a flag for tackle. You cant slam a QB. It is weird how the NFL are simply not enforcing some of the safety rules like they used to just a year or two ago. The same thing is happening with hits on WR's this year.

Last edited:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are making way too much of the Tua situation. Dude got knocked out. It happens. Just have to be careful with him moving forward.

I guess there wasnt a MMA or boxing fan in the whole mix that can say that he almost certainly is just knocked out. Except that there was. Literally minutes after it happened, Al Michaels said he just spoke to a doctor that said the hand thing was just a neurological response (bodies freeze up when you get knocked out....why its called getting starched).

What I want to know is why there wasnt a flag for tackle. You cant slam a QB. It is weird how the NFL are simply not enforcing some of the safety rules like they used to just a year or two ago. The same thing is happening with hits on WR's this year.

Two head injuries in 5 days is no joke. That was horrible, and a very bad look for the NFL, I think you are dead wrong.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Were not ripping the Dolphins for last nights injury, were ripping the Dolphins for the obvious concussion of Tua last week that they ignored.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two head injuries in 5 days is no joke. That was horrible, and a very bad look for the NFL, I think you are dead wrong.

40 years ago they would have waived some smelling salts under his nose and made him walk to the bench and he would be expected to suit up next week.

Getting knocked out is sort of like smoking a pack a day of cigarettes for 30 years. It is most certainly not good for you. And there is a percentage of people that will have some really bad long term side effects from it. But percentage wise more people than not will be fine long term.

Acting like it is instant death and talking about career ending injuries within moments of it happening is just kneejerk bullshit reactions of ignorant people and are no more accurate than an 8 year old seeing you smoke a single cigarette and assumes you are going to die from cancer at any moment.

I do understand the concern. There should be concern. But the halftime crew really overdid it. That's all.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were not ripping the Dolphins for last nights injury, were ripping the Dolphins for the obvious concussion of Tua last week that they ignored.

No I get it. I was more talking about the halftime crew basically starting to eulogize the guy and calling for 7 days of wearing black.

Seeing people get knocked out is part of the sport. And I always assumed everyone understood that a player could easily talk his way out of the concussion protocol if he decides to do that. Should the Dolphins been more carefully with Tua? Probably. But Tua deserves the lion share of the blame for being the patient who refused to report his symptom honestly.

Here is the thing. If last week never happens, does Tua get knocked out like he did last night? Probably. It was almost assuredly the hit....not the previous hit.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s speculation right now that Tua didn’t pass the concussion protocol. We’ll wait to see what the investigation uncovers.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 years ago they would have waived some smelling salts under his nose and made him walk to the bench and he would be expected to suit up next week.

Getting knocked out is sort of like smoking a pack a day of cigarettes for 30 years. It is most certainly not good for you. And there is a percentage of people that will have some really bad long term side effects from it. But percentage wise more people than not will be fine long term.

Acting like it is instant death and talking about career ending injuries within moments of it happening is just kneejerk bullshit reactions of ignorant people and are no more accurate than an 8 year old seeing you smoke a single cigarette and assumes you are going to die from cancer at any moment.

I do understand the concern. There should be concern. But the halftime crew really overdid it. That's all.

Each Concussion makes you more susceptible to the next though

Ironically the dolphins will end up losing him longer this way than had they kept him out

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 years ago we didn't know about CTE and we hadn't had Hall of Famers like Junior Seau kill themselves. Times have changed.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure how the defender could have done it different. Tua was a threat to escape from his grasp and he pulled him back. He didn't land on him in a body slam type of position. But, I do agree that a couple years ago they were calling flags on any QB hit that bordered on rough play.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millenials I tell you. Back in our day Manster, a guy would get decapitated and still play, as long as he had legs pfff, soft today. Just need someone yelling direction, no head, no eyes

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millenials I tell you. Back in our day Manster, a guy would get decapitated and still play, as long as he had legs pfff, soft today. Just need someone yelling direction, no head, no eyes

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, back in our day we didn't know what we know today.

In an odd way the technology to make the game safer, has made it more dangerous, because players are more willing to use their bodies like torpedoes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The game was so much different decades ago. Anyone not old enough to remember the 80's and earlier just doesn't understand.

What was the name of the Rams HOF lb that played some of the S.B. on broken leg? Don't remember his name. Tough MF'er though.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was so much different decades ago. Anyone not old enough to remember the 80's and earlier just doesn't understand.

What was the name of the Rams HOF lb that played some of the S.B. on broken leg? Don't remember his name. Tough MF'er though.

Jack Youngblood, and he was a DE.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very true and guys like Jack Lambert or Ronnie Lott, who would just tape up their broken fingers or legs and go right back next play