• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Dolphins @ Bungles on Amazon Prime and NFL+

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, back in our day we didn't know what we know today.

In an odd way the technology to make the game safer, has made it more dangerous, because players are more willing to use their bodies like torpedoes.
I wish I could remember so I would know . What were we talking about?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true and guys like Jack Lambert or Ronnie Lott, who would just tape up their broken fingers or legs and go right back next play

Not old enough to remember Lambert in his prime but I loved watching Lott play.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are making way too much of the Tua situation. Dude got knocked out. It happens. Just have to be careful with him moving forward.

The Amazon crew at halftime were acting like he had died.

I guess there wasnt a MMA or boxing fan in the whole mix that can say that he almost certainly is just knocked out. Except that there was. Literally minutes after it happened, Al Michaels said he just spoke to a doctor that said the hand thing was just a neurological response (bodies freeze up when you get knocked out....why its called getting starched).

What I want to know is why there wasnt a flag for tackle. You cant slam a QB. It is weird how the NFL are simply not enforcing some of the safety rules like they used to just a year or two ago. The same thing is happening with hits on WR's this year.
Look at what happened in the Bills game, clear sign he's concussed and they say it's a back injury.....and to have a concussion on Sunday and then play him on Thursday? Totally irresponsible and negligent.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 years ago they would have waived some smelling salts under his nose and made him walk to the bench and he would be expected to suit up next week.

Getting knocked out is sort of like smoking a pack a day of cigarettes for 30 years. It is most certainly not good for you. And there is a percentage of people that will have some really bad long term side effects from it. But percentage wise more people than not will be fine long term.

Acting like it is instant death and talking about career ending injuries within moments of it happening is just kneejerk bullshit reactions of ignorant people and are no more accurate than an 8 year old seeing you smoke a single cigarette and assumes you are going to die from cancer at any moment.

I do understand the concern. There should be concern. But the halftime crew really overdid it. That's all.
A 2nd concussion in 5 days is serious......doesn't give the brain time to heal.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each Concussion makes you more susceptible to the next though

Ironically the dolphins will end up losing him longer this way than had they kept him out
Yep.

They should keep him out the next 2 games as a precaution.....not like they don't have a capable backup.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 years ago they would have waived some smelling salts under his nose and made him walk to the bench and he would be expected to suit up next week.

Getting knocked out is sort of like smoking a pack a day of cigarettes for 30 years. It is most certainly not good for you. And there is a percentage of people that will have some really bad long term side effects from it. But percentage wise more people than not will be fine long term.

Acting like it is instant death and talking about career ending injuries within moments of it happening is just kneejerk bullshit reactions of ignorant people and are no more accurate than an 8 year old seeing you smoke a single cigarette and assumes you are going to die from cancer at any moment.

I do understand the concern. There should be concern. But the halftime crew really overdid it. That's all.
I agree, but this isn't 40 years ago, it's 2022 with much much more studies on the effect of dammage one does to himself playing football.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that Tua was spun around in the air by his waist and that the centrifugal force generated created pressure of brain against skull, causing the damage. It did not look like his head hit the ground to hard. Sort of like the damage was done before his head hit the turf.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not old enough to remember Lambert in his prime but I loved watching Lott play.
I watched Lambert and all 7 teeth of him, scary scary man, I was a kid

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt that guys like Jack Lambert and Chuck Bednarik played through some serious head injuries in their time, but keep in mind also that these players today have played a lot of ball. A lot of these guys have been playing football since they were little, and sometimes at a high level into the playoffs in stuff like Texas and Florida high school ball, then the SEC, then the NFL, etc. Lot of tackle football games. And that players now are extremely big and fast, more than in decades past. So the end result is that you have athletes with cumulative head issues, from the hundreds or sometimes thousands of big collisions they have endured in their lives. And like boxers, that shit adds up.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what happened in the Bills game, clear sign he's concussed and they say it's a back injury.....and to have a concussion on Sunday and then play him on Thursday? Totally irresponsible and negligent.
They didn't say back injury. Tua did

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a replay of the game Friday night. 1st off no foul on the play so no criticism of the Bengals. The medical teams did their jobs on Thursday night. In Week 3 Tagovailoa was tested in front of both the Dolphins doctor and an independent doctor. He passed the tests and also said he was ok. He looked ok after he came back into the Week 3 game. I have no issue with those medical officials either.

I thought Tagovailoa was poor in Week 4. He threw a bad pick, threw another pass that should have been picked, and missed badly on 2 opportunities for big plays. Bridgewater later threw a bad pick but otherwise he outperformed Tagovailoa. I'm not a fan of either QB. Burrow had a mediocre game for the Bengals. 2 good teams let down by QB play. Otherwise good and entertaining game.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Lambert and all 7 teeth of him, scary scary man, I was a kid
He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself,” recalled John Elway. “I'm thinking, You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant. I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there.”