• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Wisconsin play a ranked team this year?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 445.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast

So you're going to leave out the fact that Bama gave up 23 points to a tiny team, beat A&M by 8 and leave out Wisconsin's big wins.

Wisconsin basically used the Illinois game as a bye week and rested some players included the Heisman candidate in Johnathan Taylor. The only TD by Illinois came in the last seconds of the game in garbage time vs our second stringers and only happened because the refs called a PI on the Badgers CB when it should've been offensive pass interference.

Purdue game Badgers doubled the yards of Purdue, were up 17-3 early in the first half but then had to overcome 3 TO's and a punt block + dumb uncharacteristic penalties. They dominated everything except the final score and TO's.

In your last paragraph you stated what they needed to overcome. I wonder if it ever dawned on you that they committed those things. It wasn't something that the game has rules for that state you have to make shitty plays when you're playing lesser competition. That's my biggest beef with this team, they continue to do stupid shit and get away with it. When the competition ramps up, those won't be so easy to overcome.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 445.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the whole "best" team paradigm needs to be trashed. The CFP should be a Tournament of Champions. Realign the conferences to get a balanced schedule. Schedule the bowls to match same place teams (3rd SEC vs 3rd Big 12, etc). If some of the Group of 5 teams need to be dropped, so be it.
That would be nice, but it won't happen.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad? On the spectrum of bad to good, just where do you draw the line that separates the good from the bad?

My Miners are "bad", Kansas is "bad", Illinois is "bad",....

K St. is bad, Baylor is terrible. Oklahoma could've easily lost both games.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes no sense.

The actual results matter. Not what has happened in past years.
Then I expect you believe UGA is the best team in the country ?

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee will obviously have watched enough Michigan games to know their offense is really bad this year. An 8-4 Michigan with a bad offense won't be an impressive win to them. The only chance at one on their entire schedule is playing Ohio State in the CCG.

I think we should all just hope for a Notre Dame loss.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your last paragraph you stated what they needed to overcome. I wonder if it ever dawned on you that they committed those things. It wasn't something that the game has rules for that state you have to make shitty plays when you're playing lesser competition. That's my biggest beef with this team, they continue to do stupid shit and get away with it. When the competition ramps up, those won't be so easy to overcome.

Wisconsin under PC and in the recent past has become known as a team that doesn't beat themselves with penalties, and TO's. However, this season with Hornibrook as the full time starter, a freshmen RB they have continually shot themselves in the foot.

I believe the penalties will be deceased since majority of come from the O-line and we have a good offensive line coach. As for Johnathan Taylor, he's had three fumbles as a freshmen past the mid way point. He takes it really hard and wants to be perfect. I believe he'll be fine. As for Hornibrook I do not trust him at all. He locks in on WR's, his arm is too weak, he crumbles under any pressure and is good for at least 1-2 int's in every game vs average and below competition. Once he finally faces a great defense he might have 4 TO's. He will inevitably be the reason the Badgers either choke one game or lose to an elite team. This defense has carried this team despite all the mistakes on offense but it would be very difficult for them to hold an elite offense to under 24 points if the offense commits 3+ TO's.

Which is why I have been trying to tell you that we should give at least a few reps to the backup QB when Hornibrook struggles. If Coan struggles as well fine take him out but if he does well then continue to build on success. Coan has a strong arm and athleticism to be a difference maker at QB. I am not saying he deserves the starting job but at least give the kid a damn chance just like PC gave Hornibrook a chance last season when Houston wasn't playing lights out but he certainly wasn't as bad as Hornibrook has been this year. Competition brings the best out of players which is why they should be competing.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do those two things have to do with each other? I mean Washington played LSU and Boise State when they were good in recent years, but it doesn't change they have crap right now. The why doesn't change things either.

Call a crap schedule a crap schedule. Trying to somehow excuse it because of history makes no sense.
Because these arguments are only ever broached about noon traditional powers. It happens every year . 2014 it was TCU/Baylor, 2015 it was Iowa, 2016 it was Washington, this year it Wisconsin . Tell me exactly who Bama has played this year that exempts them from this discussion

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee will obviously have watched enough Michigan games to know their offense is really bad this year. An 8-4 Michigan with a bad offense won't be an impressive win to them. The only chance at one on their entire schedule is playing Ohio State in the CCG.

The two ranked teams in Stanford and Utah had 3 and 4 loses. A 4 loss Michigan team and 3 loss Northwestern team could easily end up being ranked. Hell, even Iowa has a chance to end the season ranked as well.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because these arguments are only ever broached about noon traditional powers. It happens every year . 2014 it was TCU/Baylor, 2015 it was Iowa, 2016 it was Washington, this year it Wisconsin . Tell me exactly who Bama has played this year that exempts them from this discussion

Texas A & M:shrug:

Bama is just being given a pass since they've won championships before. Miami should be in this discussion as well.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast

So you're going to leave out the fact that Bama gave up 23 points to a tiny team, beat A&M by 8 and leave out Wisconsin's big wins.

Wisconsin basically used the Illinois game as a bye week and rested some players included the Heisman candidate in Johnathan Taylor. The only TD by Illinois came in the last seconds of the game in garbage time vs our second stringers and only happened because the refs called a PI on the Badgers CB when it should've been offensive pass interference.

Purdue game Badgers doubled the yards of Purdue, were up 17-3 early in the first half but then had to overcome 3 TO's and a punt block + dumb uncharacteristic penalties. They dominated everything except the final score and TO's.

I wasn't leaving anything out I was pointing out the wins against the crappy conference teams both have played but even if you list those other wins none were as dominating as Alabama and it really sickens me to even stick up for Alabama. Alabama would beat the stuffing out of the Badgers and I suspect they would also beat my Irish probably by as much but at least they've played some decent teams not the cake walk Wisconsin is playing.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't leaving anything out I was pointing out the wins against the crappy conference teams both have played but even if you list those other wins none were as dominating as Alabama and it really sickens me to even stick up for Alabama. Alabama would beat the stuffing out of the Badgers and I suspect they would also beat my Irish probably by as much but at least they've played some decent teams not the cake walk Wisconsin is playing.

That's just hypothetical's, and you can't make selections based on hypothetical's. Also, nobody is beating the stuffing out of the Badgers because they have an elite defense unless Hornibrook has 4 pick sixes which is possible for him. If Badgers win out and beat OSU they're in that's then end of this discussion. If a 1 loss (to a three loss team) Huskies team with a schedule just as bad as the Badgers can make it then the Badgers will certainly make the CFP as an undefeated team. If you don't like it then join a P5 conference or go undefeated.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will lose to Stanford and beat Miami.

That is entirely possible but going 4-8 last year is a big motivation not to mention they should have revenge on their mind when they play Stanford. Notre Dame usually drop a game against the Wake Forests of the world or Navy.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that makes OU bad?

It makes them very inconsistent and Bad at times. Overall their record would indicate they're a good team but three terrible performances would say they're wildly inconsistent and can be bad at times.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just hypothetical's, and you can't make selections based on hypothetical's. Also, nobody is beating the stuffing out of the Badgers because they have an elite defense unless Hornibrook has 4 pick sixes which is possible for him. If Badgers win out and beat OSU they're in that's then end of this discussion. If a 1 loss (to a three loss team) Huskies team with a schedule just as bad as the Badgers can make it then the Badgers will certainly make the CFP as an undefeated team. If you don't like it then join a P5 conference and stop complaining or go undefeated.

I could say the say the same thing about Notre Dame but you never know. I'm not complaining I'm just not as convinced Wisconsin are as elite as you believe they are and they won't be able to prove that until the Big 10 Championship game. I've also stated that I thought they would get in if they are undefeated which is a hypothetical because the season isn't over yet. I also believe if Notre Dame continues to win they will most likely get in as they aren't undefeated I can's say 100% but I'm fairly confident they will if they win out against Wake Forest, Miami, Navy and Stanford.