• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does traveling really affect a team?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this even a debate? It's been studied several times, outside of football no less, and it's always the same conclusion. Traveling west is easier than traveling east
I have flown many international flights. Jet lag is no fun.
LOL at whining about pro athletes flying a non-stop across the US - in business class!!!!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly not whining. But when someone posts that they don't believe jet lag is a real thing they are just plain wrong and need to be corrected.

Anyways, I don't think the travel to the east is the issue so much as the start time of the game. There really isn't any reason the league needs these playoff games to start so early. There's only 4 games, I'm sure something better could have been figured out.
I agree.....

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at whining about pro athletes flying a non-stop across the US - in business class!!!!!

Give yourself a tap on the head. Your needle is stuck.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly not whining. But when someone posts that they don't believe jet lag is a real thing they are just plain wrong and need to be corrected.

Anyways, I don't think the travel to the east is the issue so much as the start time of the game. There really isn't any reason the league needs these playoff games to start so early. There's only 4 games, I'm sure something better could have been figured out.
Yep, going on the road is the reality of not winning enough games. No one is "whining" about it.

But having the westernmost team making the longest trip once again play the earliest game of the entire weekend seems a bit jacked up.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Canadian humor? I don't get it.....
View attachment 77680

You repeated the same thing 3 times (but I see you edited one now), so I told you to give yourself a bump on the head the way you would on old record players when the needle got stuck. Sorry, it's not a Canadian thing, it's an old guy thing.:suds:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well especially since they took a bus:suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You repeated the same thing 3 times (but I see you edited one now), so I told you to give yourself a bump on the head the way you would on old record players when the needle got stuck. Sorry, it's not a Canadian thing, it's an old guy thing.:suds:
SportsHoopla server stuck on your graphic when I tried to reply.....

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, 3 hour time change qualifies as jet lag? Wow, what a bunch of pussies

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is irrelevant.
There is a bias and you don't like it. You can't fix it so get over it.....
Talk to the billionaire owners club.....
You are right, your opinion concerning Kraft's involvement in this is irrelevant. Yet, travel issues must be relevant for Kraft to insist there be modifications for East Coast team's traveling West.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is whining? The thread asks if traveling affects a team. Many have responded. Does that make it whining?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the HFA and then a team doesn't have to worry about going on the road for a playoff game.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this round After the Wildcard games the Home team wins 75% of the time more due having the bye than having to travel. They got an extra week off to rest and recoup while the other teams had to play a game and slug it out.

No other sport has such a large advantage in any playoff series.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one went quickly from whether it does affect a team (of course it does) to whether it should because... "man up & work it out" or some such. Jet lag's effects are a real thing and regardless of what steps a team takes it's
still going to have a negative impact on some players.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a guy who did over 50 flights a year for over 5 years preceding this one the answer is yes there is an effect. The moment you step onto a plane there is an effect on your body. Long flights are very draining.

For those who say there isn't, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

No excuses though for any team. The team with the better record gets the home game. That is what the regular season is played for. It is called home field advantage for a reason and travel is one of those reasons.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traveled to China a fair bit on business. Even though I slept well enough at night, I was always up and in the gym by 06:00. Just couldn't sleep anymore. Traveling always affects you. Nothing can compare to a good sleep in your own bed, no matter how nice the hotel may be.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks took off today. They'll adjust to the time change and it really won't be that big of a deal. It is an edge though. Fans screaming is an edge, sleeping at your own place the night before the game instead of a hotel room is an edge, not having to sit on a 5 hour flight is an edge, ...

It doesn't matter. You don't like dealing with all that crap then win more games. It's pretty simple. We got a bunch of grumpy people here saying "I don't want to hear those bums using the traveling excuse!"

The whole Packer team stays in the Radison Hotel by the Green Bay airport the night before every home game. I guess sleeping in your own bed the night before is not that big a deal.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Packer team stays in the Radison Hotel by the Green Bay airport the night before every home game. I guess sleeping in your own bed the night before is not that big a deal.
I think it's more about routine than anything else. Knock people out of their routine, and it's one more challenge to overcome. Every little advantage matters in a game of inches.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a guy who did over 50 flights a year for over 5 years preceding this one the answer is yes there is an effect. The moment you step onto a plane there is an effect on your body. Long flights are very draining.

For those who say there isn't, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

No excuses though for any team. The team with the better record gets the home game. That is what the regular season is played for. It is called home field advantage for a reason and travel is one of those reasons.

Yup. Doesnt stop them from talking though.

Its not an excuse, Its a fact that getting out of your schedule and time changes have an effect on people and provides a slight advantage for home teams. Its amazing how ignorant some people can be.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In surprised to see someone that claims to fly all over the country to go to any big Packer game, is here dismissing that there is even a slight effect on the body when you travel.