• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does this year's Super Bowl change the picture?

Is the supremacy of the pocket-passer in the NFL coming to an end?

• Yes, we'll see them replaced with more mobile QBs over time.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No, really good pocket passing QBs are here to stay.

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Other (posted)

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing this early in Mike Vick's career. Then it was Vince Young a few years later. We all saw how that turned out.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Pro level defenses will ever allow for a qb to not be a pocket passer to a large extent.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's not a positive..if its something you need it means your team sucks at pass blocking.

colleges try to run spread options=that's why they get mobile QBs..that wont work well long term in the pro's.

It's not a positive to be able to move around? This is coming from a Rodgers fan? You're a moron.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Pro level defenses will ever allow for a qb to not be a pocket passer to a large extent.

I think we all agree with that. The average QB nowadays are just more athletic than the were 1/4 century ago. But every player on the field is.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a positive to be able to move around? This is coming from a Rodgers fan? You're a moron.

no I'm an adult with an opinion and you are a rude internet dumb ass insulting me for no reason.

who said anything was wrong with mobility ? not I

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that teams specifically want scramblers, but guys who can keep plays alive with their feet will always find jobs in the NFL. Last night didn't really change anything, because the NFL has always been like that. Can you move your feet and avoid a pass rush, and still be able to get the ball down field?