• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does the SEC as a whole have buyer's remorse?

Does the SEC as a whole have buyer's remorse?

• YES. SEND THESE ABOMINATIONS BACK FROM WHENCE THEY CAME!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Meh. The more the merrier...

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • NO. THE PERCEIVED STRENGTH MAKES ME FEEL REAL GOOD!

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC posters vote only please.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I correctly infer that you are writing off the long established supremacy of the SEC? If so, I suspect it is you who will experience buyer's remorse. For example, you ever compared which conference fills out the most NFL roster spots? Here's a hint: it's the SEC, and it's really not even close.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you are talking about A&M and Missouri? Glad to have them. We didn't want 2 patsies like Rutgers and Maryland ... we already have the Mississippi schools, Vandy, and Kentucky. Both schools expanded the SEC recruiting range, especially TAMU.

None of your 3 poll options are acceptable to me.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big12 still thrilled about trading A&M/Mizzou for TCU/WVU?:whistle:

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you are talking about A&M and Missouri? Glad to have them. We didn't want 2 patsies like Rutgers and Maryland ... we already have the Mississippi schools, Vandy, and Kentucky. Both schools expanded the SEC recruiting range, especially TAMU.

Pulling in those two was about the money and pretty much nothing else.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big12 still thrilled about trading A&M/Mizzou for TCU/WVU?:whistle:

Err....trading?

Listen, I can't blame any team that has left the BIG XII for leaving. I'd be pissed if I had to play OU every year too!

But, we digress. This thread and poll are about the SEC and their new additions.

Right?

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can Mizzou pick up where they left off last year? will be interesting. I think a lot of people thought aTm lost a lot. But I think they might just have the best Oline in tSEC. USCe really showed how much they lost from last year. But in their defense, I will say opening the season against a conference opponent sucks. seems like most tSEC teams are playing tougher opponents out the gate instead of like other conferences that have warm up games against inferior opponents.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Err....trading?

Listen, I can't blame any team that has left the BIG XII for leaving. I'd be pissed if I had to play OU every year too!

But, we digress. This thread and poll are about the SEC and their new additions.

Right?

We digress? Split personality issues this morning?

buyers remorse is a bad phrase as both are decent programs and bring something to the table in their own right.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can Mizzou pick up where they left off last year? will be interesting. I think a lot of people thought aTm lost a lot. But I think they might just have the best Oline in tSEC. USCe really showed how much they lost from last year. But in their defense, I will say opening the season against a conference opponent sucks. seems like most tSEC teams are playing tougher opponents out the gate instead of like other conferences that have warm up games against inferior opponents.

I'd have to agree with you for the most part.

OU tries to schedule someone with a pulse every year. They have had some recent misses, but the intent is there. I've seen some SEC teams take that same approach. I will give a pass to the teams that play decent rival OOC's annually (Florida, Georgia, S.Car etc), they usually have enough on their plate.

No better way to find out where you stand than with a decent opponent early.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We digress? Split personality issues this morning?

buyers remorse is a bad phrase as both are decent programs and bring something to the table in their own right.

Yeah, digress. That means talking about something not related to the topic at hand. SEC additions have little to do with BIG XII losses/additions.

You really think that UK, Vandy, Miss St fans feel exactly as you do? This is for ALL SEC fans, not just the numerous bandwagoners present here.

Thanks for participating!

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those schools know they are never going to win it anyway. Every few decades, they may make a run, but that is it. To the extent that the new teams help bring in a lot more revenue, sure they are happy. When you are at the bottom of the totem pole, have a few more teams above you doesn't mean much.

I will say the team that has to love this the most is TAMU. They got out of the shadow of UT, they are out recruiting UT due to the SEC tie-in, and they are going to make a ton more money than they ever would have in the BIgXII. And, with Sumlin, it appears they are going to be very competitive.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, digress. That means talking about something not related to the topic at hand. SEC additions have little to do with BIG XII losses/additions.

You really think that UK, Vandy, Miss St fans feel exactly as you do? This is for ALL SEC fans, not just the numerous bandwagoners present here.

Thanks for participating!

Yep, you pegged me well with the bandwagon comparison, now if we could only figure out how you know this?:whistle::L

Since UK is about basketball, Vandy is about education, Miss. ST is about:noidea: and the majority of the SEC fans are Bama! LSU, Florida! Georgia and a few barners, it appears you wont get a good enough mix of those you mentioned to support what your after.

long history behind my name on here, but rest assured, it doesnt fit an Alabama graduate, which I am.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it when the SEC West is competitive as hell. I don't mind it at all. - I like having the additional schools. All are welcome here, if fact let's go ahead and put VT in the SEC East and Okie can join the SEC West.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you pegged me well with the bandwagon comparison, now if we could only figure out how you know this?:whistle::L

Since UK is about basketball, Vandy is about education, Miss. ST is about:noidea: and the majority of the SEC fans are Bama! LSU, Florida! Georgia and a few barners, it appears you wont get a good enough mix of those you mentioned to support what your after.

long history behind my name on here, but rest assured, it doesnt fit an Alabama graduate, which I am.

It would be "you're" Mr. Alabama graduate, Sir.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't have buyer's remorse until next season when A&M dominates the SEC

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they did look like patsies when they were pulled in to the SEC, or at lease middle of the road teams. The B12 teams seem to thrive in the SEC.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why the SEC fans would care and I can promise you that A&M and Mizzou are happy. If nothing else I can guarantee you that neither team would have been preseason top 26 this year with all they lost if they werent in the SEC and while preseason rankings are mostly meaningless it sure is better to be in than out.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: Tejas is certainly glad aTm is gone!

How so, Tejas dominated that series. Seeing those explosive skill position players from Texas doesn't surprise us, but they sure surprised USCe last night.