• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which RB will have the better career (Bijan or Gibbs?)

Which RB will have the better career (Bijan or Gibbs?)

• Bijan Robinson will be way better than Gibbs

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Bijan Robinson will be slightly better than Gibbs

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Running Backs Don't Matter/Potato Salad

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Jahmyr Gibbs will be slightly better than Bijan

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Jahmyr Gibbs will be way better than Bijan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting, leaning a bit toward Bijan. Some people think running backs don’t matter, because of the RBBC trend, but it is always exciting when good RB rookies make a splash in that position. There have been some good ones in the past few years.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting, leaning a bit toward Bijan. Some people think running backs don’t matter, because of the RBBC trend, but it is always exciting when good RB rookies make a splash in that position. There have been some good ones in the past few years.
I wouldn’t ever draft a RB in the first round if I were a GM. There’s too much talent that will be at or before their peak when you resign them to take some who will most likely be declining drastically in effectiveness and health when you resign him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league plays so much Nickel defense that I'd be okay picking an RB after the elite QB, pass rush, WR, CB, and OT prospects were off the board. Usually there are only about 10-12 of those at the most.

What I'd be more reluctant to do if I was a GM was giving an RB a second contract.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd draft football players regardless of position.
They matter, with health (said about any player) Robinson is going to be special.
It’s about value to me. You don’t get as much value as you would getting a good player at a position of weakness that will peak during his second contract. RB is the only position that the player is more likely to be on the decline when signing an extension. Building a great team is about using your capital wisely. Paying a player on the decline top dollar is not using capital wisely, especially when there’s so many players that can play the position well.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s about value to me. You don’t get as much value as you would getting a good player at a position of weakness that will peak during his second contract. RB is the only position that the player is more likely to be on the decline when signing an extension. Building a great team is about using your capital wisely. Paying a player on the decline top dollar is not using capital wisely, especially when there’s so many players that can play the position well.
Sounds good, not a big concern when the object is winning football games and playoff advancement. I still like to think teams play to win championships. Good football players matter.

New year...new story

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was big on both. I think Bijan is better but Gibbs is in the better situation. Lions have a good offensive line and just a good offense in general. He can thrive in that offense with his speed. I don't know what the fuck the Falcons when they need so much more before they start worrying about spending top resources on a RB.

It's like what happened with Saqoun. Amazing RB going to a completely shit team that is going to be a total waste of his talent and time in a terrible situation.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was big on both. I think Bijan is better but Gibbs is in the better situation. Lions have a good offensive line and just a good offense in general. He can thrive in that offense with his speed. I don't know what the fuck the Falcons when they need so much more before they start worrying about spending top resources on a RB.

It's like what happened with Saqoun. Amazing RB going to a completely shit team that is going to be a total waste of his talent and time in a terrible situation.
It’s about selling tickets.

The Falcons know they aren’t a contender this year or maybe even next year, but they create buzz and excitement with a guy like Bijan, which in turn sells tickets.

Drafting an OT in the 1st doesn’t do that.

And they hope if Ridder develops over the next 2 years, they can contend come Bijan’s 3rd season.

You only get so many opportunities to draft a talent like Bijan. You can draft an OT any year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to admit, if the falcons get a decent QB, Bijan, Pitts, and London are a great starting point for skill positions. Defenses have a lot to worry about.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not that they don't matter, they just have an extremely short shelf life and are the most likely to be hurt.

Ezekiel Elliot is a prime example. He was awesome for his rookie contract, but when he signed the massive contract he was already washed. There are some exceptions, but in general a first round rb that hits will end up hurting your team after the rookie deal.

They matter a great deal, but you are most likely not getting a 10-15 year player like you can at almost any other position. Taking Gibbs opens a 5ish year window for the Lions. Are they ready for the window to be open yet?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also is worth noting with the extreme focus on stopping the pass the league average per carry was 4.5 last year. You have to think a time is coming where smart OCs are going to exploit it. Meaning a resurgence of RB in 1 could be in play in the near future

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s about selling tickets.

The Falcons know they aren’t a contender this year or maybe even next year, but they create buzz and excitement with a guy like Bijan, which in turn sells tickets.

Drafting an OT in the 1st doesn’t do that.

And they hope if Ridder develops over the next 2 years, they can contend come Bijan’s 3rd season.

You only get so many opportunities to draft a talent like Bijan. You can draft an OT any year.

Such an awful philosophy. Bijan isn't going to sell tickets when the team is only winning 5 games a year.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such an awful philosophy. Bijan isn't going to sell tickets when the team is only winning 5 games a year.
They won 7 games last year without him, and he’s way better that the RB’s they had last year.

And they will sell tickets because people will want to see him play.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won 7 games last year without him, and he’s way better that the RB’s they had last year.

And they will sell tickets because people will want to see him play.

He won't be selling out the arena in a bad football town when they won't be a winning team. It was an awful move for them. If they want to increase ticket sales the proper move would be to build the team properly so that you can build a winning team because at the end of the day fans will show up to watch winning football, not losing football.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be selling out the arena in a bad football town when they won't be a winning team. It was an awful move for them. If they want to increase ticket sales the proper move would be to build the team properly so that you can build a winning team because at the end of the day fans will show up to watch winning football, not losing football.
This ain't baseball kid. Butt's will be in seats...only 17 games

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why do they need Bijan to put people in the seats?
Because he’s considered a generational player, and people will want to see him play, and see if he can help turn the franchise around.

The team is built around their running game. Thus, they are keeping with that model by drafting Bijan, who should take the running game to another level.

Last edited:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this should be a discussion about which will have a better career: Swift or Gibbs