• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which RB will have the better career (Bijan or Gibbs?)

Which RB will have the better career (Bijan or Gibbs?)

• Bijan Robinson will be way better than Gibbs

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Bijan Robinson will be slightly better than Gibbs

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Running Backs Don't Matter/Potato Salad

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Jahmyr Gibbs will be slightly better than Bijan

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Jahmyr Gibbs will be way better than Bijan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this should be a discussion about which will have a better career: Swift or Gibbs
Gibbs is a way better prospect than Swift imo.

He won't be selling out the arena in a bad football town when they won't be a winning team. It was an awful move for them. If they want to increase ticket sales the proper move would be to build the team properly so that you can build a winning team because at the end of the day fans will show up to watch winning football, not losing football.
To me it was more about reinforcing an identity. Atlanta had the #1 offensive lineman last year according to PFF IIRC. Maybe not a top offensive line overall but decent. They had a late round RB who did alright. They drafted 2 receivers at the top in the past two drafts. They run the ball more than any other team. Team who believes in the run drafted the best running back prospect they'll ever get to draft. Will it work out? Hard to say. But the NFL is more interesting for a team going all-in on an identity.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibbs is a way better prospect than Swift imo.
I would hope so since Detroit spent a first round pick on him.

I don't know if Gibbs would have been there in the second round though, which is where Swift was taken at 35th overall...

the next RB was taken at 21 by the Seahawks (Zach Charbonnet)

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21st pick in the second round, 52nd overall.
you're right, my bad. I read the ESPN page wrong

so my questions are:
is Gibbs better than Swift?
is Gibbs better than Charbonnet?
could Gibbs been there at 23? at 34?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many use the word 'elite' way too often, but truly elite players make your team much better, no matter which position they play.

I believe Robinson will be an elite player.

I wish the Lions had taken him at #6.

I still like the Gibbs pick. At #12 I didn't care which position they took.

Bijan can do it all.

But Gibbs is faster and a better receiver, although a poor pass blocker (if you can believe the scouting reports).

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league plays so much Nickel defense that I'd be okay picking an RB after the elite QB, pass rush, WR, CB, and OT prospects were off the board. Usually there are only about 10-12 of those at the most.

What I'd be more reluctant to do if I was a GM was giving an RB a second contract.
Oh hells to the yes on the second.

If they all could last like Adrian Peterson but most by far don't play that long

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he’s considered a generational player, and people will want to see him play, and see if he can help turn the franchise around.

The team is built around their running game. Thus, they are keeping with that model by drafting Bijan, who should take the running game to another level.

He will be wasted in Atlanta just as Barkley has been wasted on the Giants. It's astounding there are people that follow football like you that are going tontry to argue that was a good pick for the Falcons at 7. Shows how clueless some fans really are.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be wasted in Atlanta just as Barkley has been wasted on the Giants. It's astounding there
It's astounding how little you know about football when you post wasted pick.

Shit, according to you, two of the greatest backs to ever play this game were wasted picks

You should read the posts more instead of trying to insult folks.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not that they don't matter, they just have an extremely short shelf life and are the most likely to be hurt.

Ezekiel Elliot is a prime example. He was awesome for his rookie contract, but when he signed the massive contract he was already washed. There are some exceptions, but in general a first round rb that hits will end up hurting your team after the rookie deal.

They matter a great deal, but you are most likely not getting a 10-15 year player like you can at almost any other position. Taking Gibbs opens a 5ish year window for the Lions. Are they ready for the window to be open yet?
I'd say the Lions window is in fact now open, so yes the next 4-5 years is their shot. They probably thought so too drafting him that high.

The way they looked at the end of last year, they are young, Green Bay is no longer calling the shots, Chicago still trying to rebuild, Minny nothing special. Lotta folks are picking the Lions to win their division next year.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's astounding how little you know about football when you post wasted pick.

Shit, according to you, two of the greatest backs to ever play this game were wasted picks

You should read the posts more instead of trying to insult folks.

Who?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't...the object is to win and the RB puts um much closer. The jersey sales will be nice.

I certainly don't believe he does compares to other high value positions for some a bad team. But what do you know about winning? Your team for over 27 years has been one of the least aiccessful teams in the league.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be wasted in Atlanta just as Barkley has been wasted on the Giants. It's astounding there are people that follow football like you that are going tontry to argue that was a good pick for the Falcons at 7. Shows how clueless some fans really are.
The Falcons were 7-10 last year without him. Don’t you think he is better than the RB’s they had last year?

The Falcons lead the league in rushing attempts last season, but not in rushing yards.

That is why Bijan was needed. The Falcons are a running team first and foremost. They had to get better averages than they did last season.

They were 300 yards behind the Bears last season even though the Bears only had 1 less rushing attempt.

And you can say the Saquon is being wasted on the Giants, but where would they be without him? Where would the Rams had been all those years without Jackson? Not better without them, that’s for sure.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Gibbs is faster and a better receiver, although a poor pass blocker (if you can believe the scouting reports).

So this is why they drafted a backup quarterback.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons were 7-10 last year without him. Don’t you think he is better than the RB’s they had last year?

The Falcons lead the league in rushing attempts last season, but not in rushing yards.

That is why Bijan was needed. The Falcons are a running team first and foremost. They had to get better averages than they did last season.

They were 300 yards behind the Bears last season even though the Bears only had 1 less rushing attempt.

And you can say the Saquon is being wasted on the Giants, but where would they be without him? Where would the Rams had been all those years without Jackson? Not better without them, that’s for sure.

If you want to live and die by running the ball the jtd be wise to improve your defense which is one of the worst in the league. Also all thise attempts without the yards to go along with it speaks just as much to the quality of the offensive line than it does the RBs. It's piss poor team building for a poorly run team that will continue to be bad for a prolonged period of time due to moves like these.

Just like the Giants had been awful for so long prior to finally making the playoffs this past year for the first time in a long time. If the Giants didn't take Barkley in the 2018 draft they would probably br better for it today. Taking a RB at 2 when they had one of the leagues worst offensive lines was brain dead.

There were many other routes the Giants could have taken that draft in 2018 that would have been much wiser for them than taking Barkely at #2 overall.