• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does the Committee awards wins TODAY for seeding purposes?

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if they can wait this long to put the whole bracket together.

That dude on ESPN that was on the committee for 10 years said that determining the 1 seeds was always the first step they did. So if they change say Michigan with Duke or vice versa, they then have to swap out a lot of stuff because they have rules and guidelines for teams in the same conference within the top 4 seeds in a region.

Michigan vs Michigan State game will end literally 30 minutes before the Selection Show.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will have it laid out so that a couple quick changes can happen if necessary.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They have more than one scenario.

If this happens, this.
If that happens, that.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if they can wait this long to put the whole bracket together.

That dude on ESPN that was on the committee for 10 years said that determining the 1 seeds was always the first step they did. So if they change say Michigan with Duke or vice versa, they then have to swap out a lot of stuff because they have rules and guidelines for teams in the same conference within the top 4 seeds in a region.

Michigan vs Michigan State game will end literally 30 minutes before the Selection Show.

I know, what if double OT? Lol

I think there's been instances where a W or a L wouldn't affect seed either way, but like today and looking for the 4th 1 seed you can have...

But then I also hear every year they have the brackets established, but they have contingencies for every option of who wins what game so literally when they find the winner out, they have am established guideline of who goes where based on any of the other options of other games played today.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall reading and seeing on ESPN, et al that The B1G and SEC finals do not effect the selection/seeding process as they happen too late. (though contingencies can be made if a non-at-large team is playing in the finals in the event they win)

I suspect this is done on purpose by the conferences, as the top teams are usually in a position where there isn't much to gain by winning, but losing could hurt, so they effectively remove all the risk out of losing in the finals, by playing them late.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan loses, does Virginia take their top seed?