• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Miami Take the Out on Tannehill's Contract?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an option to get out of Tannehill's contract following the season. Which would only cost them 4.6 mil in dead cap.

If they keep him on, he's slated to get 20 mil per year, through 2020.

He's obviously struggled with injuries during his time as the starter. He has shown flashes in short bursts, but has never quite put it together consistently.

I don't even know who your QB is next year, as it doesn't seem like they'll get a very good draft pick. I just would be very hesitant to commit in such a fashion to Tannehill.

I mean, the reason they inserted this option. Was to re-evaluate his play following 2017. With which he has not (and will not) play a single snap. The team is seeing comparable success without him, after bringing a pretty middling-caliber starter out of retirement last second to replace him.

I guess it comes down to how much faith Adam Gase has in his ability. Which, I am completely unsure of.

Whether you commit to Tannehill, or opt to go back into QB purgatory... It's a roll of the dice.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id Break it all down and rebuild, Tannehill is average at best, and a made of glass average at best

Hot Wife though, so they may keep him around for that

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they like a Lamar Jackson or Mayfield, you make the move.

Is this locked in the first day of the league year? Feels like we're missing a key detail or two.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they like a Lamar Jackson or Mayfield, you make the move.

Is this locked in the first day of the league year? Feels like we're missing a key detail or two.

Is someone really gonna get sucked into Lamar Jackson with a high pick?

RG3 the 3rd

Deshaun Watson was the 2nd

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id Break it all down and rebuild, Tannehill is average at best, and a made of glass average at best

Probably what they should do, but that's tough to do in MIA...somewhat like ATL, it's a fair weather fan base in good times...you blow that thing up and we could see 40,000 people in the stands next yr. At the same time I would not want to hitch my wagon the Tannehill for $20 mil per for 2 or 3 years.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably what they should do, but that's tough to do in MIA...somewhat like ATL, it's a fair weather fan base in good times...you blow that thing up and we could see 40,000 people in the stands next yr. At the same time I would not want to hitch my wagon the Tannehill for $20 mil per for 2 or 3 years.

Yeah, my brother is a huge Miami fan and calls him the white Geno Smith (granted he knows hes better).......An amazing play or 3, think he's turned the corner, than the mind boggling 16 yard sack or head scratching turnover

Sometimes thats just who those guys are

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is someone really gonna get sucked into Lamar Jackson with a high pick?

RG3 the 3rd

Deshaun Watson was the 2nd

Black, fast, QB.

What else am I missing? lol

I've got to be honest...Watson is way better at playing the position than I thought he would be...Jackson...he reminds me more of RG3...probably thinks he can out athlete the NFL too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my brother is a huge Miami fan and calls him the white Geno Smith (granted he knows hes better).......An amazing play or 3, think he's turned the corner, than the mind boggling 16 yard sack or head scratching turnover

Sometimes thats just who those guys are

They won't, but this would be the year I would be looking to change the QB in CIN too.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this

maybe he should go back to WR?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black, fast, QB.

What else am I missing? lol

I've got to be honest...Watson is way better at playing the position than I thought he would be...Jackson...he reminds me more of RG3...probably thinks he can out athlete the NFL too.

I was with ya on Watson, right up until the injury, the black fast QB was the only thing he had in common with RG3.....Now I just get a hunch this will be a guy with recurring lower body injuries his whole career

Time will tell

Lamar Jackson I would not go near

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't, but this would be the year I would be looking to change the QB in CIN too.

Amazes me that they wont, but I totally agree......At what point do you stop banking on the same boring guy with a low cieling

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Tanny has been that terrible. Miami’s biggest problem has been landing a solid HC. You can blame it all on the QB but in reality many other factors come into play.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Tanny has been that terrible. Miami’s biggest problem has been landing a solid HC. You can blame it all on the QB but in reality many other factors come into play.

But wasnt Gase supposed to be the QB whisperer?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wasnt Gase supposed to be the QB whisperer?
He is new at HC. I know what you’re getting at: QB fragility. But, check out recent and not so recent history - Miami HCs have been steaming garbage.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gase has done a helluva job with marginal (at best) talent. That should NOT have been a playoff team last year.

He's a proven offensive guy in this league. He also made Tannehill look much better than he ever had in his career previously.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase/Cutler really seem to like each other.

It wouldn't shock me to see them cut Tannehill loose, and bridge the gap to their next young QB with Jay. After a slow start, upon coming in very late from retirement to camp. He's been pretty solid.

You won't contend for the conference, but you will stay competitive and hang onto your job until you have your young QB ready to go. The D is pretty good when healthy, the line has made small strides and the run game is starting to come on. A year 2 with some O-line additions could net solid results.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase has done a helluva job with marginal (at best) talent. That should NOT have been a playoff team last year.

He's a proven offensive guy in this league. He also made Tannehill look much better than he ever had in his career previously.
There you have it. So Gase-Tannehill could be promising?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you have it. So Gase-Tannehill could be promising?

No, because I think Tannehill's ceiling has already been tapped. I don't think there's any upward mobility with the guy... he's just average, IMO. Gase made him look solid, but he's also done so with Cutler two different times now.

I think if you hand Gase a stud young QB, of his choosing to mold. Really good things could happen...

The injuries with Tannehill are also a concern.