• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Miami Take the Out on Tannehill's Contract?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was with ya on Watson, right up until the injury, the black fast QB was the only thing he had in common with RG3.....Now I just get a hunch this will be a guy with recurring lower body injuries his whole career

Time will tell

Lamar Jackson I would not go near

Watson...idk...I doubted him at 1st so I'm not going to do it again.

Jackson...if he can learn how to play the QB position before he gets killed, maybe, but I'm not looking at him in the 1st round.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase/Cutler really seem to like each other.

It wouldn't shock me to see them cut Tannehill loose, and bridge the gap to their next young QB with Jay. After a slow start, upon coming in very late from retirement to camp. He's been pretty solid.

You won't contend for the conference, but you will stay competitive and hang onto your job until you have your young QB ready to go. The D is pretty good when healthy, the line has made small strides and the run game is starting to come on. A year 2 with some O-line additions could net solid results.
Cutler had a good game yesterday. That is all, I think Tann is better for the team.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should also go back to wearing those throwback unis from last night full time.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because I think Tannehill's ceiling has already been tapped. I don't think there's any upward mobility with the guy... he's just average, IMO. Gase made him look solid, but he's also done so with Cutler two different times now.

I think if you hand Gase a stud young QB, of his choosing to mold. Really good things could happen...

The injuries with Tannehill are also a concern.
Cutler is also, if not below, average.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanny was finally hitting his stride until the injury. Should have had surgery but they botched that the first time. Due to this I keep him but draft a QB after the first round sometime. He's a younger better version of cutler although he needs an oline which has been spotty since he was drafted. When the oline is good so is he. To say he's glass is crazy considering the hits he's taken and these were his first games missed before it. He is also mobile enough to get out of trouble. Not the greatest but definitely not the worst out there...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should also go back to wearing those throwback unis from last night full time.
We all agree classics rule but they love making changes which sucks. For the most part they wear white even at home due to the heat but they need more colour. But hey we're just fans...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. Miami's throwbacks are awesome

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler had a good game yesterday. That is all, I think Tann is better for the team.

I think their performance has been very comparable, and one costs half as much. That's the point, and that's why you don't commit to Tannehill and pay him 20 mil per over the next three seasons.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanny was finally hitting his stride until the injury. Should have had surgery but they botched that the first time. Due to this I keep him but draft a QB after the first round sometime. He's a younger better version of cutler although he needs an oline which has been spotty since he was drafted. When the oline is good so is he. To say he's glass is crazy considering the hits he's taken and these were his first games missed before it. He is also mobile enough to get out of trouble. Not the greatest but definitely not the worst out there...

I think this approach/expectation of your veteran QB is fine. So long as you're not committing to paying him top ten caliber money, for three seasons.

When you pay a QB 20 mil per year, that's not a "place-holder". That's a guy who is your future.

If Miami doesn't take the out on Tannehill, there is likely no drafting a 1st round QB in the near-future.

I just think you can replicate Tannehill's production (or come close) in that system, with a guy you pay much less. While you also go out and find that young stud QB, who will be your future.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Somebody still needs to explain to me why they made the uniform change in the first place...

Their uni's in the 2000's were pretty sweet, IMO.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill knows he will have to restructure that contract if he wants to stay. Tannehill under a restructured deal is by far the best option for Miami. He led them to the playoffs last year. If he's healthy he's a bona fide starting QB.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this approach/expectation of your veteran QB is fine. So long as you're not committing to paying him top ten caliber money, for three seasons.

When you pay a QB 20 mil per year, that's not a "place-holder". That's a guy who is your future.

If Miami doesn't take the out on Tannehill, there is likely no drafting a 1st round QB in the near-future.

I just think you can replicate Tannehill's production (or come close) in that system, with a guy you pay much less. While you also go out and find that young stud QB, who will be your future.
I think that you are underestimating him somewhat as he looked to turn the corner last year until he took that cheap shot to the knee. If he can come back and continue that level he'll be worth the money but as mentioned above he will most likely take a cut to stay. He's a far better option than cutler mainly due to age and he wants to play long-term. Cutler has one foot out the door.
As per grooming a qb there's no law in this didn't NE just draft JG for this reason can't have enough good QB'S in town although definitely not in first round.