• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Mark Jackson have a foot out the door already?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All due respect Lee, don't speak for me. You have no fucking idea what I think, you're just trolling.

Did I hit a nerve?

Besides

1) Insulting other posters
2) Saying the Dub's Defense isn't "Elite"
3) D.Lee doesn't play defense
4) Jackson isn't a good coach

What else have I missed?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All due respect Lee, don't speak for me. You have no fucking idea what I think, you're just trolling.

Did I hit a nerve?

Besides

1) Insulting other posters
2) Saying the Dub's Defense isn't "Elite"
3) D.Lee doesn't play defense
4) Jackson isn't a good coach

What else have I missed?

If I've insulted others, then I apologize; that was certainly never my intent.
The Ws D isn't elite
Avi doesn't/can't play D
Jury is out on Jax.

Did you hit a nerve? Kinda.

Carry on.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I've insulted others, then I apologize; that was certainly never my intent.
The Ws D isn't elite
Avi doesn't/can't play D
Jury is out on Jax.

Did you hit a nerve? Kinda.

Carry on.

In his first 2 "full" seasons, he has made the playoffs (barring some freaking Steph/Bogut injury in the remaining games). He's changed a team who had terrible defensive players to a team that prides itself on shutting other teams down.

I will never understand the hate that Jackson gets. Folks act like HOF caliber coaches were dying to come here, we got a good Coach, who gets his players to play hard.

Jackson is also a realist, he knows he has to win.
I have faith.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the original post:

True, but he also understands that you don't dump someone who is getting results and has good team chemistry unless you think the culture is wrong and needs changing, or there is someone out there that you can replace him with right now that will deliver results right now. If the team were rebuilding that would be a different story, but they'd need someone to hit the ground running, demand immediate respect and be hands down better than what they have.

The only guys out there that match that criteria ain't comin' here. Coach K, Tom Izzo, Phil is off the market. Stan Van Gundy would be a decent option, but I can't see them making that move and shaking up the locker room over SVG.

Lacob may well believe that Kerr, inter alia:
a. can change the culture
b. will deliver results
c. hit the ground running
d. demand immediate respect; and
e. be better than Jax.

My point was that a list of guys who match that list isn't limited to Coach K, Izzo, Jackson, and SVG. There are others that Lacob may well feel can do better.

I'm not necessarily advocating for Kerr, but I'd bet a good sum he's in the mix. Unless Jax makes the Western Conference finals, I think he's gone. I think the Ws are going to have a very difficult time getting out of the first round, and winning two series seems beyond their 2014 reach.

Will someone else do better? Time will tell. But I think Jax is gone.

I don't think jax is gone for sure yet