• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Mark Jackson have a foot out the door already?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj is reporting today that Jackson has reassigned Scalabrine to Santa Cruz. Woj has also said that Jackson has had multiple issues with other members of his coaching staff. Apparently Jackson and Malone would go weeks on end without speaking to each other. Also says that Jackson has difficulty in creating a functional work environment.

Ownership and Management love Scalabrine which is why he was not outright fired. They don't want to let him walk based on Jackson's dislike of Scalabrine.

If Jackson does make the playoffs again with the Warriors, could you see him potentially not returning (ala Lionel Hollins)? This doesn't bode well for Jackson and an extension.

Personally at the beginning of the year I was saying if the Warriors extended Jackson I wouldn't mind in the slightest. However, this is a huge major red flag. Part of being a good coach is being able to adapt to certain situations and heed suggestions from your staff. If he has tunnel vision on the direction of the team, it doesn't give me a huge amount of faith in his ability to consistently put us in a position to win.

Here's the article:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warrio...-of-assistant-brian-scalabrine-184142899.html

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only hope he does. His amateurishness is holding this team back.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jackson was ousted (or left on his own accord), who would you like to see him replaced by? The Warriors would have to be a very attractive team for lots of coaches.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but Jackson was the first Coach to get us to the Playoffs since Nellie was here in '07, and folks want him gone?

Come on.

You don't have to like him, but you have to respect the fact that he gets results.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but Jackson was the first Coach to get us to the Playoffs since Nellie was here in '07, and folks want him gone?

Come on.

You don't have to like him, but you have to respect the fact that he gets results.

The front office was just a big a part of the success of this franchise as Mark Jackson, imo.

Look at the moves the Warriors have made since the new ownership took over:

1) Drafted Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green & Festus Ezeli. Harrison and Festus played well in their time last year in our playoff run. Thompson and Green are having fantastic seasons this year.

2) Traded for David Lee. The trade was under the previous management but Lacob and Co., had to sign off on it to get it done.

3) Traded Monta Ellis for Bogut. Bogut has become the rock of our defense and now is locked up for a few more years.

4) Traded for Jarrett Jack. Huge trade that put us into the playoffs.

5) Signed Carl Landry to a below market deal. Another huge move.

6) Convinced Jermaine O'Neal to sign with us. Myers was all over this one.

7) Traded for Andre Iguodala.

8) Traded for Steve Blake who's legitimized our bench play.

The Front Office has put together a great roster. The only hold over from the previous regime was Curry. Last year the team played above expectation. That is a given. This year, there's almost no way he could possibly fail with the team assembled. A second playoff appearance is less impressive because of the fact that the team is incredibly talented.

Jackson, along with players, have holes in their games. All coaches and players do. It's about making adjustments and seeking advice to try to better yourself. When you get into multiple altercations with your staff (which is what the article says from a reliable writer) over direction and strategy that send red flags. The biggest knock on Jackson originally signing with the team was his inexperience. That's why management insisted he hire Malone to give him additional support because of his knowledge and experience. It's not inconceivable to think that his inexperience is costing our team opportunity.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on.

Well, that's true but in fairness, this team also has at least twice the NBA talent than any Warriors team since then. On those teams, you had starters including Andris Biedrins, Jeremy Tyler, Ekpe Udoh, Dorrell Wright, Corey Maggette, Anthony Morrow, Vladimir Radmonovic, Mikki Moore, Anthony Tolliver, Anthony Randolph, Brandan Wright, and Rony Turiaf, among others. In other words, a lot of guys who barely even deserve to be in the NBA, let alone be starting games. We no longer have any starters who aren't legit.

Does Jackson get a little credit? Probably. But to state that he's the reason this team is better is inaccurate, IMO.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to Sushi, and Money, good points.

My only counter would be that whenever players are interviewed they always praise Jackson, whatelse would do they do publicly right?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches get too much of the credit,and too much of the blame.

I sound like a broken record, but how good was Doc Rivers prior to the "Big 3". Jackson had a mismatched roster his 1st year, and surprise surprise, the didn't didn't go anywhere.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've long said Jackson was a fraud and it's showing itself more and more this season. I don't care how much talent this guy put on a roster for him he will never been a championship caliber head coach. He's a flawed man pretending to be a man of God but getting caught up in a sexting scandal, that killed any love I had for the guy. The sooner he's gone the sooner the Warriors can go beyond just making the playoffs to trying to compete for championships.

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true that players mean more in the NBA than coaches, but Iguodala said that Jackson was a big reason to come here. Players like playing for him...at least most of them do.

He helps in recruiting...guys around the league know and respect him.....it's not that easy to plug in another coach and have everything flow seamlessly.

There's more to this story because it seems like whatever happened, Scalabrini wouldn't let it go.....it got to the point where he got sent down to the d league lol.

You really don't need your assistants pushing to much prior to the playoff run.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree that the talent level has improved dramatically, but Coach Jackson is still a big piece to this teams success. I think I would trust Jackson's judgement because he has proved a lot in the past year.

Who's Scalabrini? He was a mediocre player who has only been coaching for a year and a half.
Why couldn't he be the dysfunctional one?

Look at what happened with Malone. Everyone thought he was the one calling the plays and that Coach Jackson was just riding his coattails.
A year later Malone is the head coach of a horrible Sacramento team who has great talent, but they still suck and Coach Jackson is on the verge of a 50 win season.

I'm not saying Coach Jackson doesn't have any faults, but he has proved most of us wrong in the past year and he's getting great results without Malone....

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only 2 people who know the real story, The White Mamba, and Jackson, the rest of us are just gossiping.

You don't have to like all of your coworkers or your boss, you just have to get results.

Jackson gets results. Like BigJoe said, how's Malone doing in Sactown? You could argue they have one of the leagues top 5 centers, an emerging PG Thomas, a top 15 SF, Rudy Gay, and a bunch of talent, yet they will not make the playoffs again this year.

There's probably more to the story, but I could care less.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will come a point (if it hasn't come already) where Lacob and his advisers are going to theorize as to whether Jackson has taken the team as far as he is capable of taking them. The team has some nice chess pieces in place, and assuming that they become better and deeper, there will always be the temptation to bring in a chess master to finally win it all.

The window of opportunity revolves primarily around Steph and Klay, and should be of at least six to eight years in duration. With each failure to improve the team's playoff advancement will come pressure to find a guru capable of steering the Dubs to the promised land.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Sacramento is terrible. Their roster is nowhere near as talented as mentioned above in previous posts. Rudy Gay was a salary dump. Ujiri came on to the Raptors and made it a point to trade Rudy. After he left, look what happened to the Raptors.

Thomas is putting up great numbers, but he doesn't play defense and his height is very limiting. He's more suited to be a change of pace PG in this league, not a starter. He's putting up big numbers because someone has to.

Cousins is the only close to star talent player they have. He's impressed me this year, but he still leaves a lot to be desired in terms of defense and also offensive efficiency. He's definitely a piece to build around.

The rest of the team are average, at best, players in the NBA. If you're talking about Malone vs. Jackson, you have to see Jackson's first year as a coach. Look at his roster that he had. The Warriors that year had more talent as a team than Sacramento does currently. The team only took off after pieces were acquired.

If you're thinking about talent of a team, look at their trade pieces. Look at Sacramento and see if any teams would be willing to take any players on their roster, after Cousins and maybe Thomas. Their team is terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sushi you're just joking right?
The Kings team of,
Isaiah Thomas
DeMarcus Cousins
Rudy Gay
Aaron Gray
Carl Landry
Derrick Williams
Ray McCallum
Ben McLemore
Jason Terry SG
Jason Thompson
Royce White
Quincy Acy SF
Reggie Evans
Travis Outlaw

Is way more talented then what Coach Jackson had his first year.
I think you are selling him way short on what he's done. Sure the
front office has done an excellent job turning this roster around,
but Jackson has been a key part of there success.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sushi you're just joking right?
The Kings team of,
Isaiah Thomas - Replied on
DeMarcus Cousins - replied on
Rudy Gay - replied on
Aaron Gray - averaging a solid 1.7 pts and 2.8 reb per game. 3.4 pts and 3.7 rebs career average.
Carl Landry - has played a total of 18 games all year.
Derrick Williams - has not lived up to any of his potential as the #2 draft pick. Unreliable at best.
Ray McCallum - really? c'mon.
Ben McLemore - still has potential, i'll give you that.
Jason Terry SG - refused to play for them.
Jason Thompson - solid player, but better suited for a 6th man role. Not a starter.
Royce White - really?
Quincy Acy SF - nope
Reggie Evans - good rebounder and instigator. that's it.
Travis Outlaw - he was amnestied. Hasn't been good in 4 years.

Is way more talented then what Coach Jackson had his first year.
I think you are selling him way short on what he's done. Sure the
front office has done an excellent job turning this roster around,
but Jackson has been a key part of there success.

See above for your talent pool on the Kings. That's a terrible team. Look at any teams above them in the West, and name a team that has less talent than them. Go ahead. I'll wait.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not talking about the other teams in the West. You stated that Jackson had more to work with and talent in his first year as Coach 2011-2012 and this was the roster.
Not even a close comparison! And remember Curry and Klay were NO where near the players they are now.
Thats a Garbage roster!!!!

Earl Barron
Keith Benson
Andris Biedrins
Kwame Brown
Stephen Curry
Monta Ellis
Mickell Gladness
Richard Jefferson
Charles Jenkins
David Lee
Dominic McGuire
Mikki Moore
Nate Robinson
Brandon Rush
Ishmael Smith
Klay Thompson
Jeremy Tyler
Ekpe Udoh
Chris Wright
Dorell Wright

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not talking about the other teams in the West. You stated that Jackson had more to work with and talent in his first year as Coach 2011-2012 and this was the roster.
Not even a close comparison! And remember Curry and Klay were NO where near the players they are now.
Thats a Garbage roster!!!!

Earl Barron
Keith Benson
Andris Biedrins
Kwame Brown
Stephen Curry
Monta Ellis
Mickell Gladness
Richard Jefferson
Charles Jenkins
David Lee
Dominic McGuire
Mikki Moore
Nate Robinson
Brandon Rush
Ishmael Smith
Klay Thompson
Jeremy Tyler
Ekpe Udoh
Chris Wright
Dorell Wright

Agree. This team was terrible also, but from a talent comparison it's right there with Kings if not slightly superior. Curry and Thomas are probably close at this point. Lee and Cousins both were fringe all-stars. Monta and Gay are both scorers without much else positive.

Rush, Thompson, Dorell Wright, Jefferson, Robinson were all solid that year. Compare that to the next 5 of the Kings. The Kings after Thompson and McLemore don't have another player that would be a rotational player on any other team in the league.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious?
This team was horrible and Sacramento's 2014 team is WAYYYY better then this crap...

Earl Barron GARBAGE!
Keith Benson GARBAGE!
Andris Biedrins Horrible!
Kwame Brown GARBAGE!
Stephen Curry Not nearly the player he is now....
Monta Ellis Heart of the team!
Mickell Gladness GARBAGE!
Richard Jefferson Old!
Charles Jenkins GARBAGE!
David Lee Stud!
Dominic McGuire GARBAGE!
Mikki Moore GARBAGE!
Nate Robinson I really like Nate, but he's know Isaiah Thomson!
Brandon Rush Nice off the bench....
Ishmael Smith GARBAGE!
Klay Thompson Rookie!
Jeremy Tyler GARBAGE!
Ekpe Udoh GARBAGE!
Chris Wright GARBAGE!
Dorell Wright He was ok...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious?
This team was horrible and Sacramento's 2014 team is WAYYYY better then this crap...

Earl Barron GARBAGE!
Keith Benson GARBAGE!
Andris Biedrins Horrible!
Kwame Brown GARBAGE!
Stephen Curry Not nearly the player he is now....
Monta Ellis Heart of the team!
Mickell Gladness GARBAGE!
Richard Jefferson Old!
Charles Jenkins GARBAGE!
David Lee Stud!
Dominic McGuire GARBAGE!
Mikki Moore GARBAGE!
Nate Robinson I really like Nate, but he's know Isaiah Thomson!
Brandon Rush Nice off the bench....
Ishmael Smith GARBAGE!
Klay Thompson Rookie!
Jeremy Tyler GARBAGE!
Ekpe Udoh GARBAGE!
Chris Wright GARBAGE!
Dorell Wright He was ok...

The fact you labeled David Lee a "Stud!" tells me everything I need to know. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on players, coaching, philosophy, and pretty much everything else related to basketball.

Also my breakdown actually included some thought versus just saying they were flat out garbage. Which they are.