• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Jay Cutler suck?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For every great game Jay has he counters that with a dog like Sunday. The man has no clue how to manage a game. He chucks the ball around without regards to turnovers.

I don't give a shit about passer ratings it's about wins and losses.

The bigger question is how png before Brandon Marshall treats Jay like his wife?

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler has always been, and his ceiling always will be, the epitome of a very talented QB who can't carry a team on his back by himself consistently, but can perform quite well when those around him are also performing well. Cutler is a lot like Favre (though not at that level), in that he has great athletic ability for his position, and one of the best arms in the game today, but he just isn't there mentally consistently enough to do it without some quality help.

Pretty much perfect description of Cutler. If he is put in the right situation, he can be great. Just don't expect it to happen on a consistent basis.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is a below average qb. Look at what McCown did with those receivers last season. With his physical talents he should be one of the top qb's in the NFL, but he's a moron so he's below average.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is a below average qb. Look at what McCown did with those receivers last season. With his physical talents he should be one of the top qb's in the NFL, but he's a moron so he's below average.

McCown had a run of freak luck. Never in my life have I seen a QB luck out with as many dropped INTs as McCown did last season. He had 4 dropped in the Cowboys game alone. It amazed me how many fans were fooled by McCown last season. We saw him go back to his usual lousy play early this season with the Bucs.

You talk about what Cutler is doing with these receivers now. In 2010 Cutler got to a championship game with terrible receivers and one of the worst offensive lines in the league. He put up a decent 86 passer rating with NO offensive talent around him. PLEASE, no one with a brain thinks Cutler is a below average QB. You can argue that he's average, or above average. He isn't elite, and he isn't below average.

Cutler right now is ranked 11 out of 35 in the passer ratings. That's pretty damn good. He has 9 games left. Let's see if he's a top 10 QB this season.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For every great game Jay has he counters that with a dog like Sunday. The man has no clue how to manage a game. He chucks the ball around without regards to turnovers.

I don't give a shit about passer ratings it's about wins and losses.

The bigger question is how png before Brandon Marshall treats Jay like his wife?

He doesn't do that every game. He's had 3 games this season without an INT. Most QBs throw a few INTs, unless you're truly elite like Peyton Manning. Cutler mixes in plenty of games where he manages and doesn't take chances. For all the criticism he's taking for yesterday, he only had 1 INT. Only 1 poor decision. It's not as if he's taking chances often. If the Bears were a good team, they could overcome 1 mistake by the QB. Yesterday the defense was terrible and receivers dropped key passes. Take away a couple keys drops, and the Bears could have had 28 points.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler right now is 6th in the NFL in yards, 6th in completion percentage and 5th in TD passes. Yet some fans say he's below average. You can't make this stuff up. The stats very clearly show that Cutler is doing a good job taking advantage of those receivers. Unless you think top 6 in THREE major statistical categories isn't good.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler right now is 6th in the NFL in yards, 6th in completion percentage and 5th in TD passes. Yet some fans say he's below average. You can't make this stuff up. The stats very clearly show that Cutler is doing a good job taking advantage of those receivers. Unless you think top 6 in THREE major statistical categories isn't good.

Great points. : ignores losing to Phins --- at home -- again :

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's more to the game than just stats. Outside of probably Denver, the Bears have arguably the best receiving talent in the NFL. They have 2 great receivers, a very good tight end, and probably the best pass catching rb in the NFL. They have a good offensive line. They've got an offensive guru as head coach. They've got a qb that's as physically gifted as any. By all rights they should easily have one of the top offenses in the league.

Yet they don't. And it's because Cutler is a lousy qb. He'll wow you with brilliance one play, then turn around and throw an interception on a ball he had no business throwing. He's not consistent enough to be considered a good qb.

Cutler has decent stats because he's surrounded by great offensive talent, but if he were actually a good qb, his stats would be much better.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points. : ignores losing to Phins --- at home -- again :

I see. So the curious playcalling, dropped passes in the red zone and terrible defense had nothing to do with the Bears losing yesterday. It was all Cutler. PLEASE.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. So the curious playcalling, dropped passes in the red zone and terrible defense had nothing to do with the Bears losing yesterday. It was all Cutler. PLEASE.

I, too, used to make excuses for Cutler's inconsistencies.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more to the game than just stats. Outside of probably Denver, the Bears have arguably the best receiving talent in the NFL. They have 2 great receivers, a very good tight end, and probably the best pass catching rb in the NFL. They have a good offensive line. They've got an offensive guru as head coach. They've got a qb that's as physically gifted as any. By all rights they should easily have one of the top offenses in the league.

Yet they don't. And it's because Cutler is a lousy qb. He'll wow you with brilliance one play, then turn around and throw an interception on a ball he had no business throwing. He's not consistent enough to be considered a good qb.

Cutler has decent stats because he's surrounded by great offensive talent, but if he were actually a good qb, his stats would be much better.

Then explain how Cutler got to a championship game in 2010 with NO offensive talent around him. I know they had a good defense that year, but you have to credit Cutler for getting the most out of nothing around him. I don't know how he put up an 86 passer rating with no offensive talent around him.

Cutler's stats this year are better than decent. Again he's top 6 in three of the biggest statistical categories. Yards, completion percentage and TD passes. So I don't know how you say they should be MUCH better. They would only have to slightly better to get him into the elite category for stats.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, too, used to make excuses for Cutler's inconsistencies.

I admit that he's still a little too inconsistent. But he's good much more than he's bad. You can't put up a mid 90s passer rating by being bad as much as you're good.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then explain how Cutler got to a championship game in 2010 with NO offensive talent around him. I know they had a good defense that year, but you have to credit Cutler for getting the most out of nothing around him. I don't know how he put up an 86 passer rating with no offensive talent around him.

Cutler's stats this year are better than decent. Again he's top 6 in three of the biggest statistical categories. Yards, completion percentage and TD passes. So I don't know how you say they should be MUCH better. They would only have to slightly better to get him into the elite category for stats.

First, you're mistaken that in 2010 he had "no offensive talent around him." He had Matt Forte. He had Greg Olsen. Now that's obviously not as good as what they have now, but there was some talent there.

As to how they made the NFC Championship game, that's simple: they had a great defense and they had a very easy schedule. Their defense only gave up 17 points per game, and they played 10 games that season against teams that finished below .500 (they went 8-2 in those games). That was good enough to get them a bye and then they were fortunate in getting the 7-9 Seahawks in the second round. So they beat another sub .500 team in the playoffs, which got them to the NFC Championship game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Far from it imo.

When protected like he was vs the Falcons(as are most QBs lately) Cutler he will make the right reads and get the ball to the guy getting 1 on 1 coverage the majority of the time which is why he will generally put up good stats. There's really no throw he can't make...he's an above average QB during those times.

But...when he's facing pressure consistently, his ball security is suspect, he will throw into dbl coverage, and he doesn't handle it well in terms of dealing with his OL, etc....He's probably below average during those times.

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle...Cutler is not as good as he showed vs ATL and not as bad as he showed vs MIA.

Off the top of my head, I think these teams would be immediately better with Jay Cutler @ QB...NYJ, TB, OAK, HOU, MIN.

What Cutler is not imo, is a QB you will win a SB with.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't do that every game. He's had 3 games this season without an INT. Most QBs throw a few INTs, unless you're truly elite like Peyton Manning. Cutler mixes in plenty of games where he manages and doesn't take chances. For all the criticism he's taking for yesterday, he only had 1 INT. Only 1 poor decision. It's not as if he's taking chances often. If the Bears were a good team, they could overcome 1 mistake by the QB. Yesterday the defense was terrible and receivers dropped key passes. Take away a couple keys drops, and the Bears could have had 28 points.

First lets look at a career of work not 6 -7 games. Cutler has some of the best offensive weapons in football, AJ, Marshall, and Forte and yet he still can't move the Bears on a consistent basis.

The comparison to Jeff George is made for a reason. Way to many time Cutler feels the need to not force the ball instead of punt and try the next series.

Brandon Marshall ripping him in the locker room yesterday speaks volumes of what even his teammates think of him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler does not suck, but he is also not good. He is an average QB. He has above average tools and below average intangibles. If Peyton Manning was the QB of the Bears right now they are probably undefeated.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First lets look at a career of work not 6 -7 games. Cutler has some of the best offensive weapons in football, AJ, Marshall, and Forte and yet he still can't move the Bears on a consistent basis.

The comparison to Jeff George is made for a reason. Way to many time Cutler feels the need to not force the ball instead of punt and try the next series.

Brandon Marshall ripping him in the locker room yesterday speaks volumes of what even his teammates think of him.

Marshall is Cutler's biggest fan. He always goes on and on how about how great Cutler is and his leadership. Marshall credits Cutler for saving his career years ago, when he was getting in so much trouble off the field that he was on the verge of getting kicked out of the NFL. Cutler took him under his wing and prevented him from getting in even more trouble. He went so far that he had Marshall come live with him to help keep him out of trouble. Believe me, Marshall's opinion of Cutler is very high. Marshall lost his cool and yelled at a lot of people in the locker room yesterday. He even yelled at Robbie Gould, which is crazy since he's one of the best kicker's in the league. It wasn't Gould's fault that they lost yesterday. Marshall just lost his temper yesterday.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown had a run of freak luck. Never in my life have I seen a QB luck out with as many dropped INTs as McCown did last season. He had 4 dropped in the Cowboys game alone. It amazed me how many fans were fooled by McCown last season. We saw him go back to his usual lousy play early this season with the Bucs.

You talk about what Cutler is doing with these receivers now. In 2010 Cutler got to a championship game with terrible receivers and one of the worst offensive lines in the league. He put up a decent 86 passer rating with NO offensive talent around him. PLEASE, no one with a brain thinks Cutler is a below average QB. You can argue that he's average, or above average. He isn't elite, and he isn't below average.

Cutler right now is ranked 11 out of 35 in the passer ratings. That's pretty damn good. He has 9 games left. Let's see if he's a top 10 QB this season.

Cutler made a championship game? Wow! They beat the 7-9 seahawks to get to that championship game...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do know the bears pretty much throw the ball on every play....alot of dump offs to forte....