• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Haskins suffer from Donovan's syndrome??

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mature enough to know that we are not drafting Burrow or Tua. Keenum and McCoy are gone. Therefore, no matter how Haskins performs down the stretch, the Skins will be bringing in a QB or two.

Bridgewater kept the Saints afloat, but he's gonna want some money and a chance to start, so I'm not sure what the plan is behind Haskins.

If by some chance we do catch the Bengals and the coach Dan wants and has fallen in love with will take the job on the condition that he gets to draft Burrow, I think Dan would do it in that unlikely scenario.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any grand pronouncements now are simply premature . The case he was over drafted can be fairly made however I doubt any other rookie we could have drafted would have done better here

my beef In all of this is he was handled improperly . We should have gotten him ready from day one giving him every snap possible . Anyone want to make the argument RG3 was pro ready when we drafted him? He looked less a pro QB the Haskins has . Yet he got all the major 1st team reps and the shanny ‘s. Designed an offense for him to compete with.

now when we started out 0-5 and Gruden was fired exactly what was the mantra on this board in regards to Haskins and our young players should get reps to see what we have .

Haskins was to learn , make mistakes and hopefully grows . Well that’s what’s happening. To say he stinks doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy that you all believed what you were saying .

for the record he has improved and what we coulda ,shoulda ,woulda if he was on another team means little . We wouldn’t know enough about him to make a sane assessment so of course we would run our mouths

he needs the rest of this season and a good off season of work and a TC. Where we get him ready to play and be our guy .

if he fails to show he has an inkling of a future , then and only then should we look at another option

For now let the guy learn and grow and understand he has led us to a come from behind win and when we needed good an play late he has stood up and responded positively

I think what bothers me the most is that Dan once again pulled rank and then starts hiring and firing guys who can't make HIS decision pan out. I just don't want to have to go through that again.

Lock is killing it. The guy in Jacksonville has had a much more productive rookie year that Haskins. I'm willing to give Haskins time, but there was a reason he fell. There was a reason other team's football guys and ours didnt feel he was a first round pick. Our owner did.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what bothers me the most is that Dan once again pulled rank and then starts hiring and firing guys who can't make HIS decision pan out. I just don't want to

Lock is killing it. The guy in Jacksonville has had a much more productive rookie year that Haskins. I'm willing to give Haskins time, but there was a reason he fell. There was a reason other team's football guys and ours didnt feel he was a first round pick. Our owner did.
Lock will struggle and has been injured . Minshew has and will struggle

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all, for once, be honest about these evaluations of Haskins!

They are all, far less about Haskins and more about where he's employed than anything else. Think about that for a moment, since speculation seems to be the order of the day. Had he been in Dallas where they have an effective offensive line, a beast RB and a nice set of pass catchers. Philly where the health of its players are the big question marks, or the NY Giants who aren't very good, but seem to have an NFL level, top to bottom plan in place for their young QB, can we honestly say that he would not have fared better than he has here?

So, let's talk about "here" and how that contributes to all of this far too early speculation. Let's begin with the proposition that our team was working with the greatest rookie QB in the history of the game, then ask ourselves, what's he working with? Well, for starters, he would be on his second HC in a season, an offensive line that at it's best is, well, offensive. One WR, an aging on again, off again RB, no TE and a defensive unit that was supposed to be the strength of the team but isn't. How would that rookie fare when he wasn't an afterthought in the mind of his first HC and is constantly facing 3rd and long because his new HC seems wedded to the idea.

Now insert Haskins and tell me that something would change! For those who insist that he is a "bust" I might agree if put into proper context... "He's a bust here because he's here." For those who insist upon "patience" I must ask, what are we waiting for, Haskins the supposed savior, or the changes that must be made in order to give the young man some semblance of offensive competence in which he can be properly evaluated?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any grand pronouncements now are simply premature . The case he was over drafted can be fairly made however I doubt any other rookie we could have drafted would have done better here

my beef In all of this is he was handled improperly . We should have gotten him ready from day one giving him every snap possible . Anyone want to make the argument RG3 was pro ready when we drafted him? He looked less a pro QB the Haskins has . Yet he got all the major 1st team reps and the shanny ‘s. Designed an offense for him to compete with.

now when we started out 0-5 and Gruden was fired exactly what was the mantra on this board in regards to Haskins and our young players should get reps to see what we have .

Haskins was to learn , make mistakes and hopefully grows . Well that’s what’s happening. To say he stinks doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy that you all believed what you were saying .

for the record he has improved and what we coulda ,shoulda ,woulda if he was on another team means little . We wouldn’t know enough about him to make a sane assessment so of course we would run our mouths

he needs the rest of this season and a good off season of work and a TC. Where we get him ready to play and be our guy .

if he fails to show he has an inkling of a future , then and only then should we look at another option

For now let the guy learn and grow and understand he has led us to a come from behind win and when we needed good an play late he has stood up and responded positively

To me over-drafting simply means taking the human element out of such endeavors. The team that needs a QB either takes the best one according to their evaluation or they don't because like every other position it is one of need, and that isn't over-drafting. BTW; I did take note of your use of "properly handled" when talking about our QB situation dating back to 2012. :suds:

This brings me to the 500 pound gorilla in the room as I respond to your other concerns. We now have Haskins, that's a given, what we do not have in place is the coaching staff that is going to work with him. Now, if we do with Callahan, then I say trade him now and go with Colt, Case or perhaps Smith. Keeping him or drafting another young QB then putting either behind the wheel of a car that requires major repair in order to be driven, is a recipe for failure.

BTW; I believe that comparisons to other teams is fair in this respect, winning appears to be an affront to their front offices and it's reflected on and off of the field. Here, mediocrity is treated as being "close" to something good instead of its historical place as being "close" to what it has been... awful!!

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what bothers me the most is that Dan once again pulled rank and then starts hiring and firing guys who can't make HIS decision pan out. I just don't want to have to go through that again.

Interesting take man, so, let me ask, is it Haskins or the place in which Haskins works? Do you honestly believe that either Lock or Minshew II, would have been any better sitting with Gruden or playing under run, run, pass Callahan and this poor cast of characters around them?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was your point in your original message that hit home. It isn't so much if Haskins makes it or busts, but how Haskins got here is the real issue. And he ended up here because Dan wanted him. SO for those that say Dan no longer meddles, well we have recent proof that he does. Which is why promoting anyone in the current FO to GM would be a mistake. Because they are used to, and have accepted, Dan's meddling to the detriment of the team. Which means no changes to our operations if Allen gets canned. Dan put this next puppet in place and continues to play fantasy football with a real NFL franchise.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take man, so, let me ask, is it Haskins or the place in which Haskins works? Do you honestly believe that either Lock or Minshew II, would have been any better sitting with Gruden or playing under run, run, pass Callahan and this poor cast of characters around them?

I don't think Lock or the kid in Jax would be taking all these sacks and missing wide open receivers for scores the way Haskins did a couple of weeks ago. I revert back to the image I posted, he's in the bottom five of every major category. Is there a guy out there that we could plug in that could do any worse?

Gruden said the guy is not ready and we didn't believe him. Callahan gets the job and was hesitant to put him in there. I hate posting like this because it comes across like I'm rooting for the kid to fail, but on this board it seems like everyone else is fair game when it comes to criticism except Haskins and I don't get that especially considering the circumstances under which he was selected.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was your point in your original message that hit home. It isn't so much if Haskins makes it or busts, but how Haskins got here is the real issue. And he ended up here because Dan wanted him. SO for those that say Dan no longer meddles, well we have recent proof that he does. Which is why promoting anyone in the current FO to GM would be a mistake. Because they are used to, and have accepted, Dan's meddling to the detriment of the team. Which means no changes to our operations if Allen gets canned. Dan put this next puppet in place and continues to play fantasy football with a real NFL franchise.

who cares if snyder wanted haskins or not ? ALL owners get involved in acquiring people for their team

how many times have we seen written , " danny fire up that jet to get player X " . we see it all the time

and lets not act like no one in the FO wanted haskins either . plenty did and truth be told i would have picked haskins at 15 if he was there and so would many here if the truth were told

snyder isnt going anywhere . the sooner you accept it the better . snyder will interfere from time to time especially when the coaching staff gets stuck in neutral

hell george preston marshall used to send notes to the coach on the sideline during games

the dirty little secret is when the team let KC go they blew it . we are still paying for that stupidity and anyone thinking we didnt need a qb going into last year is fooling themselves . haskins was the best on the board and just because minshew gets his 15 minutes of fame doesnt mean anything

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins has been sacked 22 times since becoming the starter, an average of more than four sacks per game. To put that in perspective, five teams, the Cowboys, Rams, Raiders, Chiefs and Saints, have all given up fewer than 22 sacks through 13 games so far this season. At the current rate, Haskins would be sacked 70 times for a 16-game season and that doesn’t even account for the hits on various other pressures where he manages to get rid of the ball. That would rank as the third-most sacks allowed in a season on a single quarterback all-time behind David Carr’s rookie year in 2002, when he was sacked 76 times and Randall Cunningham in 1986, when he was sacked 72 times.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares if snyder wanted haskins or not ? ALL owners get involved in acquiring people for their team

how many times have we seen written , " danny fire up that jet to get player X " . we see it all the time

and lets not act like no one in the FO wanted haskins either . plenty did and truth be told i would have picked haskins at 15 if he was there and so would many here if the truth were told

snyder isnt going anywhere . the sooner you accept it the better . snyder will interfere from time to time especially when the coaching staff gets stuck in neutral

hell george preston marshall used to send notes to the coach on the sideline during games

the dirty little secret is when the team let KC go they blew it . we are still paying for that stupidity and anyone thinking we didnt need a qb going into last year is fooling themselves . haskins was the best on the board and just because minshew gets his 15 minutes of fame doesnt mean anything
Sorry, but most owners do not get involved like this. with the exception of Jones, who is the GM also, no owner is telling his GM and coach who he wants to pick. That is not to say that owners and not informed and consulted, that is completely different. As to more in the FO wanted Hanskins, I ask who? Clearly Gruden didn't. There is a reason that the media was saying he was a top 5 pick, but he fell to us at 15. Because the 14 teams ahead of us (and probably quite a few behind us) saw what the deal really was with Haskins. Because they scouted him and didn't rely on the owner's son to say he was a really cool guy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but most owners do not get involved like this. with the exception of Jones, who is the GM also, no owner is telling his GM and coach who he wants to pick. That is not to say that owners and not informed and consulted, that is completely different. As to more in the FO wanted Hanskins, I ask who? Clearly Gruden didn't. There is a reason that the media was saying he was a top 5 pick, but he fell to us at 15. Because the 14 teams ahead of us (and probably quite a few behind us) saw what the deal really was with Haskins. Because they scouted him and didn't rely on the owner's son to say he was a really cool guy.

i . i believe DW was on board with it as was smith jax owner , browns owner bengals are just a few .

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i . i believe DW was on board with it as was smith jax owner , browns owner bengals are just a few .
If true, then that should tell us DW should not be the next GM.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point of my original post wasn't to label Haskins a bust. It's too early for that. I think the point o was trying to make is it feels like we can honestly critique or criticize everyone's play on the roster except for Haskins.

To see posters on here making excuses and actually resort to defending what Dan did on draft day is mind boggling.

I just don't understand all the push back that comes with honestly addressing the fact that Haskins play has been subpar if not terrible this far.

Like he's untouchable on this board.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point of my original post wasn't to label Haskins a bust. It's too early for that. I think the point o was trying to make is it feels like we can honestly critique or criticize everyone's play on the roster except for Haskins.

To see posters on here making excuses and actually resort to defending what Dan did on draft day is mind boggling.

I just don't understand all the push back that comes with honestly addressing the fact that Haskins play has been subpar if not terrible this far.

Like he's untouchable on this board.

he isn’t untouchable and I have posted numerous tape of his flaws.

What I am saying is we have posts about drafting Tua early on and now burrow

it’s just dumb at this point to entertain nonsense like that and spin your wheels on a position that has been addressed

it’s also foolish to act like no owner meddles in personnel affairs . Most do and I gave a few examples of owners who do to include Kraft

fact is Snyder is who he is so we must deal with that

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn’t tell us anything . DW has made some good finds
Then let him be a scout. We need a GM in here that knows how to build a winning franchise. There is nobody in our current FO that has that direct knowledge, because they have never been a part of a successful front office.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he isn’t untouchable and I have posted numerous tape of his flaws.

What I am saying is we have posts about drafting Tua early on and now burrow

it’s just dumb at this point to entertain nonsense like that and spin your wheels on a position that has been addressed

it’s also foolish to act like no owner meddles in personnel affairs . Most do and I gave a few examples of owners who do to include Kraft

fact is Snyder is who he is so we must deal with that

Some fair points you made skinsdad and as far as the Tua/Burrow comment, it's not personal toward Haskins. I said before the year started, before Haskins had taken a snap that the Skins should draft a QB every year until they get that position right. I know that's a hot and controversial take, but that's how I feel.

Brees
Brady
Jackson
Wilson
Mahomes
Rodgers
Cousins
Watson

In today's league you are dead unless you have a superior quarterback. Jimmy G isn't a world beater, but that 9ers D is ridiculous.

Just how I feel. I have yet to sell Haskins in any of my buy or sell because I understand he's raw. The football people in the building understood that and so did a bunch of other teams. Dan didn't.

Just drafting someone that plays the position doesn't necessarily address the position.

Hopefully tomorrow he breaks through. I really mean that. Chase is talking about going back to school. Might as well go win some games and shut guys like me up.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

snyder isnt going anywhere . the sooner you accept it the better . Snyder will interfere from time to time especially when the coaching staff gets stuck in neutral

the dirty little secret is when the team let KC go they blew it . we are still paying for that stupidity and anyone thinking we didnt need a qb going into last year is fooling themselves . haskins was the best on the board and just because minshew gets his 15 minutes of fame doesn't mean anything

Owners do get involved, not on every team and they do it in different ways. Snyder's last two QB interference's were Robert Griffin and Dwayne Haskins. Kyle was able to make Griffin work for a year before Griffin, his family and Snyder blew that deal.

Maybe there is time for Haskins to work out but there is no denying that statistically he is near the bottom.

As far as Cousins goes many knew what a mistake the Redskins made with him, some probably still disagree. Because of Snyder and his FO I don't think they were going to be a 12 win team under Cousins or anyone else.