• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does anyone like Laker fans?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay but they have won 10 championships since 1980 and 5 in the last 13 years. That's pretty impressive, no?

I don't think anyone ever said it wasn't impressive but no need to bring it up in every debate when their # of titles is not relevant in every debate.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Lakers won recently but point is you guys love to bring up the 16 championships in arguments which would include championships won 30-60 years ago. Right or Wrong?

The point for me is, not a lot of teams win as much as the Lakers do, there are teams without a championship in the league, so when we have down years it's different from another team's down years - the difference is we don't feel as bad because we are often winners in the long run. You're a Yankees fan and the Yankees have flat out sucked for the past couple of years, you're telling me you didn't bring up or even think of all those times your team won compared to others? Yankees are looking to get back on top this year with all the money I'm hearing they're preparing to spend. The Lakers could do the same.

Forgive us for not feeling bad and ditching our team like some people who switch teams when theirs can't win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw 5 yankees titles so I don't bring up the other 22 titles I did not see.....And I only bring it up with Red Sox fans.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BKSBaller. I often read Heat fans (not necessarily you) beginning their arguments cached in the notion that the Heat are the defending champs after all. Granted they aren't talking about the first championship with Wade and ex-Laker Shaquille O'Neal but it is all good.

One of the reasons people are a Heat fan or a Yankee or Lakers fan or Celtics fan is for the very reason they are clubs of multiple championship winners. THAT is one reason they are special clubs and entice fan support. There is nothing wrong with reminding people that the Yankees are indeed the winningest franchise in all of sports with what 23? If I had followed the Yankees instead of the Phillies, I'd be reminding folks of the rich tradition of the Yankees that fosters their perennial winning ways rather than pining away on the Phillies pages in disgust for all of the championships they could have won.

But if you only want to talk about one-year ago, then perhaps you have a point but it does little to answer the question of this thread. It may however indicate that what really irritates you is the fact that Lakers fans routinely remind everyone, especially Heat fans, that even though the Heat has one three, there not quite on par with other superior clubs championship-wise. I am quite sure no one is irritated with Spurs fans these days. After all they have one more championships than the Heat. So have the Celtics for that matter.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is a Suns fan?

sxswbitch-2.jpg

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least there isnt as many of us that are bandwagon fans like the Miami Heat fans that showed up when LeBron did.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point for me is, not a lot of teams win as much as the Lakers do, there are teams without a championship in the league, so when we have down years it's different from another team's down years - the difference is we don't feel as bad because we are often winners in the long run. You're a Yankees fan and the Yankees have flat out sucked for the past couple of years, you're telling me you didn't bring up or even think of all those times your team won compared to others? Yankees are looking to get back on top this year with all the money I'm hearing they're preparing to spend. The Lakers could do the same.

Forgive us for not feeling bad and ditching our team like some people who switch teams when theirs can't win.

And then claim it's because they don't want to watch "incompetence".:lol:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got no problem with Lakers fans. Just good smack imo.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no particular axe to grind with the OP, but what kind of faggot worries about how people outside a particular fan base perceive it?

I have learned to like some Patsie fans individually over the years because they turned out to be intelligent humans rather than the flesh eating zombies I considered them all to be (we call this an example going to a point). That being said, the garden variety Pats fan (insert Texan, Heat, Bulls, Pitt and so forth) can go fuck themselves up the ass with a flaming rusty wire brush.

You feel me bro?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans just aren't accustomed to their team losing. This is new to them. I heard Jerry West in an interview a few years ago say this could happen. Bill MacDonald laughed & didn't believe him. Guess what Bill, Jerry was right.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the mighty have to go through the valley to come out stronger....Lakers through the years have had more success than failure. From that we, as Lakers fans, draw the optimism(not arrogance!) that team will field a winner once again.

Bolts is right in that we're not used to mediocre/lousy team because we've been so spoiled since the '80's, can't blame us can you? But you can rest assured management will do all possible to get us back to where we belong.

With our rich history and tradition, coupled with all that is LA/entertainment, ownership will simply not let this ship go astray for many years, no way no how!

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the mighty have to go through the valley to come out stronger....Lakers through the years have had more success than failure. From that we, as Lakers fans, draw the optimism(not arrogance!) that team will field a winner once again.

Bolts is right in that we're not used to mediocre/lousy team because we've been so spoiled since the '80's, can't blame us can you? But you can rest assured management will do all possible to get us back to where we belong.

With our rich history and tradition, coupled with all that is LA/entertainment, ownership will simply not let this ship go astray for many years, no way no how!
True...but at one point the Lakers lost in 8 Finals appearances in a 13yr span, w/o winning any titles in those 13yrs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...but at one point the Lakers lost in 8 Finals appearances in a 13yr span, w/o winning any titles in those 13yrs.

True. Lakers fans don't expect to win the title every year (although it seems that way with some of us), but we do expect them to be in contention most years. So, even though those teams you mentioned didn't win titles, they were in contention every year.

To win titles, a team must first be good enough to contend for them.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we're fans and not "fans." We might show up a little late but we never leave early.

:lol: I know, they didn't want to leave early. They we're enthralled watching that stellar 4 th qtr D.
They had to. Somebody pulled the fire alarm :bullshit: