• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does any 49er fan agree with me about Aldon Smith?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am one who does not like Aldon Smith. I do understand how good of a football player he is, so I think now is the best time to trade him away.

Even with Patrick Willis gone, I still think it would be worth trading Aldon Smith away. He has been arrested 4x since January 2012, which the last time resulted in him missing half the season.

Just because they are great players and wearing the 49ers uniform, doesn't mean I like them on the team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we trade him this year. This is a make or break year for him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am one who does not like Aldon Smith. I do understand how good of a football player he is, so I think now is the best time to trade him away.

Even with Patrick Willis gone, I still think it would be worth trading Aldon Smith away. He has been arrested 4x since January 2012, which the last time resulted in him missing half the season.

Just because they are great players and wearing the 49ers uniform, doesn't mean I like them on the team.
@NinerSickness, is that you? ;)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. Yes, he had a bad stretch a couple of years back and made some stupid mistakes. He made some dumb mistakes as a youngster. Still, I am willing to give him a chance. He didn't get into any trouble off the field last year and from what I've read worked really hard to be in good football shape.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. Yes, he had a bad stretch a couple of years back and made some stupid mistakes. He made some dumb mistakes as a youngster. Still, I am willing to give him a chance. He didn't get into any trouble off the field last year and from what I've read worked really hard to be in good football shape.

First, this is kind of response to other posts, I understand it is not going to happen. He is a great player when he is on the field.

Now to respond to your statement I highlighted. I didn't have a problem with him until this last time. I don't have a specific number of time before I gain some respect back, but 1 year wasn't long enough for me. The longer he stays out of trouble, the more respect I will have.

I just still see him more as his off-the-field issues than being a beast on the field. As long as I see that, I will want him traded, especially if he still is valuable on the field.

johnniner8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say no i think he has learned his lesson but if he screws up one more time than i say cut him or trade him

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping he's learned his lesson and won't make stupid off field mistakes like he has in the past year and a half to two years. Don't throw big parties that get out of hand and then shoot a gun off to get people out of your house, don't drink and drive hire a driver you have the money. His issues are more of someone needing to grow up than a psychopath Hardy or Hernandez.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, this is kind of response to other posts, I understand it is not going to happen. He is a great player when he is on the field.

Now to respond to your statement I highlighted. I didn't have a problem with him until this last time. I don't have a specific number of time before I gain some respect back, but 1 year wasn't long enough for me. The longer he stays out of trouble, the more respect I will have.

I just still see him more as his off-the-field issues than being a beast on the field. As long as I see that, I will want him traded, especially if he still is valuable on the field.

He did some stupid things and he was a youngster, I understand your point about one year and respect, my point is I am willing to give him another chance. If he starts getting himself into trouble again, that would be another story, but as long as he continues to stay out of trouble, I would stick with him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Don't agree with you

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we trade him and if he stays clean this year I don't think he is playing anywhere else but with us again the year after. Aldon is to valuable to let go long as he keeps his act together. I think it was a huge mistake to release Ray as well when we did. The charges on him turned out to be nothing so we just lost a great starting DE for nothing but an over reaction.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more screw up by Aldon and it won't even be the 9ers who make that decision of his NFL future. I hope he has learned from all of this. We will see. I am ,however, concerned about his performance last seson. Rusty? Can't play sober? I guess he gets a pass and see what he can do this season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more screw up by Aldon and it won't even be the 9ers who make that decision of his NFL future. I hope he has learned from all of this. We will see. I am ,however, concerned about his performance last seson. Rusty? Can't play sober? I guess he gets a pass and see what he can do this season.

Yep, I m hoping last season was just rust. Watching him last year, he didn't even look good going one on one against lineman. He wasn't beating anyone.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't give a shit how many times he gets arrested as long as he plays well on the field.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think so but I guess it depends on how the league views it and what he does. Technically his suspension last year was his 1st violation, but it was for 2 separate incidents. I'm really not surprised we didn't take a big risk with someone like Peters or DGB. We had to many off the field incidents in the last 2 years and need to clean up the locker room and find out if we have strong enough leaders in there still before bringing in more head cases.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so but I guess it depends on how the league views it and what he does. Technically his suspension last year was his 1st violation, but it was for 2 separate incidents. I'm really not surprised we didn't take a big risk with someone like Peters or DGB. We had to many off the field incidents in the last 2 years and need to clean up the locker room and find out if we have strong enough leaders in there still before bringing in more head cases.

I agree. The team signed Jerome Simpson which is a potential problem already.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a shit how many times he gets arrested as long as he plays well on the field.

Last year, he was suspended for 8 weeks. That is a lot of time he didn't play well on the field.

The 49ers lost 4 of their 8 losses in the first 8 weeks. They lost to the Bears by 8 and the Rams by 3. The Cardinals won by 9. I have a feeling he could have made a big difference in those games.

He wasn't out because he was injured. He was out because he did stupid crap that got him arrested. I don't want to wait until he misses an entire season and his value goes way down.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, he was suspended for 8 weeks. That is a lot of time he didn't play well on the field.

The 49ers lost 4 of their 8 losses in the first 8 weeks. They lost to the Bears by 8 and the Rams by 3. The Cardinals won by 9. I have a feeling he could have made a big difference in those games.

He wasn't out because he was injured. He was out because he did stupid crap that got him arrested. I don't want to wait until he misses an entire season and his value goes way down.

Elite pass rushers do not grow on trees. He made some mistakes. He is a young player. He was suspended last year but he did stay out of trouble and from what I've read he worked hard and stayed in shape. From my perspective, he deserves another year. The 49er defense was among the top defenses in the league. If you want a point a finger at last year's losses, than it should squarely be pointed at the inept offense that caved in the 2nd half of games, and that to me falls on Harbaugh, Roman, and the rest of the offensive coaching staff.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The problem is that his trade value isn't very high right now. We would probably be better off letting him play out his contract this year and letting him walk for the comp pick - assuming he plays better this year - than taking whatever we would get in a trade for him right now.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it time to let him go?