• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Dodgers vs Brewers

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect that post to come back to haunt me. You guys are a good team, I just think the Dodgers are going to be a much more difficult lineup than the Rockies. Rockies were downright abysmal away from Coors. Dodgers have a lineup full of above average hitters and three of the best hitters in the NL in Muncy (!), Machado and Turner.

I also think they're much better than their raw W-L suggest.

Agreed. But as the old saying goes, it's not who the better team is its what team is playing better at the moment. Brewers are on a roll and I am enjoying the ride for as long as it lasts :suds:

btw - the Sox look solid. That will be one hellava series against the Stros

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the two best teams in the NL down the stretch. No doubt.

I think we all have the series pegged pretty well. Dodgers should be the favorites but the Brewers play the right brand of baseball and are hot atm. The brain says the Dodgers are winning this and the gut is saying that the Brewers win a classic.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the two best teams in the NL down the stretch. No doubt.

I think we all have the series pegged pretty well. Dodgers should be the favorites but the Brewers play the right brand of baseball and are hot atm. The brain says the Dodgers are winning this and the gut is saying that the Brewers win a classic.

I agree with what your brain and your gut are telling you.

I won't predict the series but it should be a great one.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect scenario:

Ryan Braun gets a horrific, lingering but non-fatal stomach virus and has to be removed from the postseason roster. Brewers rally and sweep Dodgers. Brewers realize this was only possible once the bad karma of Braun was removed and refuse to give him a ring.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a long-suffering Brewers fan(from Day 1, bitches), it is fun to be talked about as being anywhere equal to this Dodger team. The future's so bright I gotta wear shades :rockon:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pressure is on for a Brewer game 1 win!!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/clayton-kershaw-dodgers-could-keep-181407441.html

There's more at stake in Friday's NLCS Game 1 between the Dodgers and Brewers than inching a game closer to the World Series.

Free burgers are on the line.

The Brewers have won 11 straight games dating back to the regular season. Basic math indicates that one more victory will give Milwaukee 12 straight wins, which is a pretty significant figure if you're a Milwaukee-based fan of the Crew.

A 12th consecutive victory would mean free burgers at George Webb restaurants.

As Meg Jones of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel explains, George Webb predicted that Milwaukee's baseball team (which was the Braves at the time) would win a dozen straight games one day. He even printed the prediction on napkins sold at his restaurant.

The prediction didn't come true until 1987, over three decades after Webb had died. The Brewers, winners of 13 straight at one point that season, were in town by then. It's the only other documented time George Webb restaurants have honored their founder's prediction. Three days after the club accomplished the feat, the 24-hour burger chain gave away over 170,000 hamburgers to patrons who arrived after waiting in the rain between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m.

Standing between Brewers fans and free hamburgers this time around are the Dodgers, who are sending lefthander Clayton Kershaw on the mound Friday.

Kershaw made two starts against Milwaukee this season. In July, he drew a losing decision after relinquishing four runs (one earned) across six innings at Miller Park. He faced the Brewers again in early August and allowed two runs to score in a game Los Angeles won 21-5 at Dodger Stadium.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked you better on the music topic.

LOL..It's not that I dislike or like one of these 2 teams over the other..it's just a prediction..nothing more. Essentially, I think LA has a slight edge, given they want to get back to the WS after being beaten by Houston there last year, and even though the brew crew has the HFA in this series.

Either way, I'm not vested in the outcome at all, but really want to see a good NLCS...and I'm sure we'll get that and then some. Also, I wouldn't be shocked or upset one iota should Milwaukee win it.

Anyhow...good luck.

:suds:

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a long-suffering Brewers fan(from Day 1, bitches), it is fun to be talked about as being anywhere equal to this Dodger team. The future's so bright I gotta wear shades :rockon:

I gotta think anyone who's not a fan of the other 3 teams are rooting for the Brewers

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home town writer Andy McCullough of the LA Times is picking the Beers in 7.:pound::pound::pound:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good to see Urias will be on the roster