• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers pass Giants ...Game On !

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On June 8th the Giants lead the West by 9 1/2 games...tonight on the last day of June the Dodgers now lead the West by a 1/2 game.

I have been listening to sports talk radio most of the day. People are pointing fingers at players and at Bochy. Newsflash....this is not easy ! The Dodgers came into the year with maybe the best starting rotation on paper and what a 230 million dollar payroll. I knew they would make a run at the Giants at some point. Did I think the Giants would have a June swoon and piss the 9 1/2 game lead away in three weeks ? Hell no !

This is not the time to start pointing fingers. The season is half over and the Giants are right in the race. Sure they have stumbled some but shit happens (Pagan and Belt hurt). This is the time to pick each other up. I hear talk of maybe the Giants getting in on a lousy wild card now. Fuck the wild card ! I want to bury the fucking Dodgers more than ever right now.

This is not the time to fold up tents and run into the forest with our heads between our legs. It's time to fight back and kick some ass. I was so pissed last year as the Dodgers ran on by the Giants and won the division. I still believe in this team and I know they have something special left in the tank. Could they use a bump from Sabean ? Sure they could but this fucking team can not wait for that to happen.

It's time to fight for what belongs to us ! Play to win each pitch , each out, each inning, and each game. I can't stand seeing those A-Holes in L.A. celebrating their recent rise. The way I look at it it's a brand new season from here on out and there is one goal right now...WIN the West and that means to BEAT L.A. !

Game On !

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

On youtube...

Henry V- Band of Brothers

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news ....Radnich is off the Giants Bandwagon after riding on top with the Giants when they were 9 1/2 up. Dude bleeds Dodger blue picking them and their big payroll to take West now. Radnich loves to irk Giants fans on KNBR. Now I know the Giants will take the West.

:laugh3::yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news ....Radnich is off the Giants Bandwagon after riding on top with the Giants when they were 9 1/2 up. Dude bleeds Dodger blue picking them and their big payroll to take West now. Radnich loves to irk Giants fans on KNBR. Now I know the Giants will take the West.

Why do you listen to that jackass?

I refuse to listen to KNBR between 9-noon. He is a clear radio-troll. Worse than Ratto, and that is saying something.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you listen to that jackass?

I refuse to listen to KNBR between 9-noon. He is a clear radio-troll. Worse than Ratto, and that is saying something.

I really don't listen for Radnich but his lack of knowledge about some sports make me laugh sometimes. Krueger and Kate Scott are really good. Kate Scott is going to go straight to the top in the sports business.The back and forth between the three can be funny.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Radnich only likes to hear his own voice. Who cares what he thinks? That 9-12 slot on KNBR is a wasteland, and would be better served just broadcasting Jim Rome, on tape delay. Radnich is a tool.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Radnich only likes to hear his own voice. Who cares what he thinks? That 9-12 slot on KNBR is a wasteland, and would be better served just broadcasting Jim Rome, on tape delay. Radnich is a tool.

Yep, when his theme song to start the show begins I always answer the question "Are you ready to go?" with "Yep to 95.7 the Game." as I change the station.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, when his theme song to start the show begins I always answer the question "Are you ready to go?" with "Yep to 95.7 the Game." as I change the station.

Kruger is probably the most knowledgeable sports talk guy in the Bay. I agree on Radnich, but I kind of tune him out.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little pissed at Sabean yesterday saying his hands are tied about making a trade. He says that it would cost too much to get a player and not enough players are available. Bullshit if he wanted to get something done he could. Al Rosen got Mitchell, Dravecky,and Lefferts back on July 4th, 1987 which was one of the best trades the SF Giants ever made. Fuck ...grow some ballz or go into the pony ride business.

It's all about money still in SF where the owners tell Sabean what to spend meanwhile they cash in on fucking Garlic Fries and Panda hats. Some of the owners are just cheap bastards and are content with just two WS crowns. People spend a lot of money on this team and deserve more especially after Sabean let the team die on the vine last year. The Dodgers spent 230 mill and will add more. The Giants have to up the ante or get out of the poker game.

If they let the this team get wiped out again and not help these players and show them a dedication to taking it all ....fuck the owners and their fucking garlic fries. It's all about winning it all at any cost. Al Rosen was a great GM. I like Sabean but he needs to stand up to the fucking owners and get this thing in gear again. I know he has won 2 WS but I am still pissed about last year and letting it slip away. Get it done !

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little pissed at Sabean yesterday saying his hands are tied about making a trade. He says that it would cost too much to get a player and not enough players are available. Bullshit if he wanted to get something done he could. Al Rosen got Mitchell, Dravecky,and Lefferts back on July 4th, 1987 which was one of the best trades the SF Giants ever made. Fuck ...grow some ballz or go into the pony ride business.

It's all about money still in SF where the owners tell Sabean what to spend meanwhile they cash in on fucking Garlic Fries and Panda hats. Some of the owners are just cheap bastards and are content with just two WS crowns. People spend a lot of money on this team and deserve more especially after Sabean let the team die on the vine last year. The Dodgers spent 230 mill and will add more. The Giants have to up the ante or get out of the poker game.

If they let the this team get wiped out again and not help these players and show them a dedication to taking it all ....fuck the owners and their fucking garlic fries. It's all about winning it all at any cost. Al Rosen was a great GM. I like Sabean but he needs to stand up to the fucking owners and get this thing in gear again. I know he has won 2 WS but I am still pissed about last year and letting it slip away. Get it done !

Just to be clear...

You are ok trading Crick for a util infielder this week?

Because that is what you are demanding.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear...

You are ok trading Crick for a util infielder this week?

Because that is what you are demanding.

You find a way to get it done. Sabean is known for waiting until the last minute and he can't do it. Pagan is out and it don't look good and there is a hole at 2nd base. If it takes Crick to fill both I am all in. Everyone was so pissed about Wheeler and what has he done. Today is for Champions and tomorrow is for the Cubs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You find a way to get it done. Sabean is known for waiting until the last minute and he can't do it. Pagan is out and it don't look good and there is a hole at 2nd base. If it takes Crick to fill both I am all in. Everyone was so pissed about Wheeler and what has he done. Today is for Champions and tomorrow is for the Cubs.

I am glad we have an incompetent boob, like Sabean, as our GM instead of you.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what it takes to win.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what it takes to win.

Sabean has helped the Giants to two WS in the last four years. What's your record?

Look, I am as frustrated as you are. But this early in July, we'd be hugely overpaying for what we would get. Unless we decide to pay $15 million in salary for Utley, and throw the Philth a box of used baseballs.

Do you have a realistic player the Giants need to be targeting in trade talks, or is "get it done" as close as you will come to bringing a usable idea?

We are all Giants fans here. I personally like your enthusiasm (though disagree some on your musical tastes). But the above comment is, well, a wee bit over the top.

Good news, though, the Dogs lost today. :nod:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I never said Sabean was a bum. I think he is one of the best. What I am saying is he can't wait like he usually does at the deadline. He waited way too long after Pagan went down last year and the team fizzled out . He needs to be pro active. He has to show he believes the team can go the distance and give them a bump. Last year he stood by and and waited and when he looked up at the end of July it was too late.

Last edited by a moderator:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First rule in sports management...never repeat a mistake you made in the past. Learn and adjust.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are assuming that he simply isnt making the calls. That is simply not true.

What is happening is he is making the calls, and teams are asking for Belt, Crick, Escobar, Blackburn, Flores, etc... All for the dreggs of the market. We will not be able to get a Zobrist, Price, Murphy or other like player right now without giving up ALL those guys. Best to wait it out.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is happening is he is making the calls, and teams are asking for Belt, Crick, Escobar, Blackburn, Flores, etc... All for the dreggs of the market. We will not be able to get a Zobrist, Price, Murphy or other like player right now without giving up ALL those guys. Best to wait it out.

I respect what you are saying but Sabean most likely can not win the west without a replacement for Pagan. The facts are already there. Look at all the stats for the players without Pagan and also look at the record. Yeah he can play it safe and HOPE there is a shot at the deadline or he can kick some ass and throw the dice. If it cost a couple of good prospects so be it. I am always going to go for it especially with a Giants team like the one we have here in 2014.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree::nod:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I did hear something pretty interesting from Kruk today. They were talking about the lead off spot and Krukow suggested the Giants try Crawford there. He can hit leftys and he has gained a ton of confidence.