• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers' Matt Kemp runs bases, close to returning

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Kemp ran the bases on Tuesday for the first time since spraining his left ankle a month ago, and the Los Angeles Dodgers slugger said he's getting closer to returning.

Someone will not be to happy not getting playing time it's going to be between Ethier & Crawford, but we need Matt Kemp back big time to make a run its about winning now!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Crawford is swinging a hot bat. I'd take either one who's hot at the time.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to see when Kemp comes back who is hot and that should determine whether Ethier or Crawford gets benched.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Crawford is swinging a hot bat. I'd take either one who's hot at the time.

:agree: seems to me like Dre always likes to hit in to DP or get a single when nobody is on & we need CC to be our lead off hitter...look for Dre to be gone next year his numbers are way down this year for the amount of money his getting paid

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: seems to me like Dre always likes to hit in to DP or get a single when nobody is on & we need CC to be our lead off hitter...look for Dre to be gone next year his numbers are way down this year for the amount of money his getting paid

Ethier is obviously the one that will be traded this offseason. We will eat most of his contract and trade him most likely. Kemp is going nowhere and rightfully so, and CC is untradeable with him being injury prone and his contract.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like at a perfect timing, when we could use another spark

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Kemp to get some AB's in the Minors and get back into the lineup. If he comes back and plays like he did before this recent stint on the DL, he's going to help out a lot. I'm sure Mattingly will platoon guys to make sure everyone is getting a chance to play.

Odd man out on any given night will be a potential DH if the Dodgers make the WS.

The four man OF scramble is a good problem to have.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp could play in Rancho on Thursday..

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to see when Kemp comes back who is hot and that should determine whether Ethier or Crawford gets benched.

I tell you what I think Puig is a great player but if he don't straighten out his attitude he'll be the one on the bench, I really hope the guys get thru to him about playing smart every play.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattingly implied it was a one-time only deal, hoping it turns out that way.

As for Kemp, he's going to need some time to shake off the rust. I hope Mattingly gives him a couple days off here and there when he comes back.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Puig was benched just for today. I didnt see the game so I dont know what happened. Why was Puig benched?

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Puig was benched just for today. I didnt see the game so I dont know what happened. Why was Puig benched?

All speculation but on one play he didn't slide at 2nd when the Cubs turned a DP, and another he kind of halfassed it (excuse my expression) in the outfield.
Don did a good job of nicely telling the media it was none of there business, said it was an in house thing.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig played kind of lazy today, wasn't sure if it was the temperature that did it but regardless, temperature shouldn't play a huge part in how you perform that day.

He caught a few fly balls right next to his face, barely raising his glove. He threw a ball into the stands with his glove after the end of an inning, and he failed to slide into 2nd base on a double play. Nolasco called one of the things he did (whether on the field or otherwise) "unacceptable".

Since Don refused to deny that it was punishment, I think it's safe to assume it was. I'm thinking that the temperature, and the fact that it was the Cubs, made him play below his participation level. That just can't happen in the big leagues. I'm hoping he wises up, but I'm glad Donnie isn't afraid to bench him.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All speculation but on one play he didn't slide at 2nd when the Cubs turned a DP, and another he kind of halfassed it (excuse my expression) in the outfield.
Don did a good job of nicely telling the media it was none of there business, said it was an in house thing.

That is how you have to handle it and it needs to stay in house. Hopefully Puig will grow up and learn from this.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig will be okay. It's a matter of maturing and getting used to his new surroundings.

Great to hear Kemp is ready for Rehab. Looking forward to seeing him back in the lineup.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp will DH in Rancho tomorrow night

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is wonderful news LA. We need a healthy Kemp in our lineup :)

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig said it was his fault. Maybe he is learning. If everyone is healthy, play a rotation, Crawford, Kemp, Puig then Puig, Kemp, Either, then Crawford, Either, Puig, and finally Crawford, Kemp, Either. This way all are given a day rest each 4 games and can bat off the bench if needed.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may not be a bad idea and they will all need rest at some point so its not a bad problem to have in having 4 outfielders