• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dodgers @ GO CUBS GO 9/18

LADKershaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta be honest, guys, the schedule is not our friend here. The Cubs just suck so hard (yesterday was probably their best chance to get even 1 win) and the Padres aren't good but they aren't that bad either.
We are in awful shape tomorrow and Sunday. We basically had to win the Greinke and Kershaw starts, but Hernandez has been so awful and Sunday might be a bullpen game apparently which sounds like a disaster. I'm hoping for a split the next two games

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can take 2 of 3 from SD (not a given - they always play us tough), and the Cubs can somehow win the next 2, then we go into the big series exactly where we "wanted" to be a couple days back (down 1.5, where a series win will have us out .5 going into the 4-gamer).

We could not REALISTICALLY expect the Cubs to win 3. Unfortunately, now we have to HOPE they win 2...

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Ryu yet? He's scheduled to throw game one of our series if healthy. If not I expect Mattingly to throw Greinke and Kershaw on short rest and go with a 4 man rotation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Ryu yet? He's scheduled to throw game one of our series if healthy. If not I expect Mattingly to throw Greinke and Kershaw on short rest and go with a 4 man rotation.

I am AOK with them throwing those guys on short rest. The statistics for pitchers throwing on short notice over the last 10-20 years is not favorable.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ryu throwing this weekend (off mound?) and know more after that. Mattingly does not appear inclined to throwing guys on short rest. Greinke had elbow issues a couple weeks back and Kershaw faded late last year in the playoffs. He is hinting at going by bullpen committee on Sunday.

So, we will drop two in Chicago. You guys will at the very worst take two of three in Man Diego. You get Haren in game 1 v Peavy. You'll win that running away as Peavy owns the Dodgers and Haren is shit for the most part. This means we are even by Tuesday. We probably split the next two. Meaning we are even heading into the final three!

Should be a last day finish- awesome!

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now now Giants fans, lets not blame the Cubs for your inability to hold on to a huge divisional lead.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ryu throwing this weekend (off mound?) and know more after that. Mattingly does not appear inclined to throwing guys on short rest. Greinke had elbow issues a couple weeks back and Kershaw faded late last year in the playoffs. He is hinting at going by bullpen committee on Sunday.

So, we will drop two in Chicago. You guys will at the very worst take two of three in Man Diego. You get Haren in game 1 v Peavy. You'll win that running away as Peavy owns the Dodgers and Haren is shit for the most part. This means we are even by Tuesday. We probably split the next two. Meaning we are even heading into the final three!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have 4 games post-series. You have 3 games post-series. If everything plays out as you draw it, the Giants will exit the series down .5 with us facing the Pads 4 times at home and you facing the Rox 3 times at home. Assuming you take 2/3 from the Rox, the Giants would need to take 3/4 from the Pads to force a 163 @ SF with the loser likely hosting the WC game.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If only baseball were that predictable...we have no idea how it will go but the odds are Dodgers will win the division.

And LA should take at least 1 more in Chicago. It's not all about the LA pitcher...your opponent SUCKS, and also is worried about tee times not winning.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now now Giants fans, lets not blame the Cubs for your inability to hold on to a huge divisional lead.

Not blaming them for that at all. Just blaming them, or rather noticing because I don't care, that they suck so so hard at baseball. So bad. As usual.

But hey, anyone can have a bad 106 years....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not blaming them for that at all. Just blaming them, or rather noticing because I don't care, that they suck so so hard at baseball. So bad. As usual.

But hey, anyone can have a bad 106 years....

Just a slump...

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 4 games post-series. You have 3 games post-series. If everything plays out as you draw it, the Giants will exit the series down .5 with us facing the Pads 4 times at home and you facing the Rox 3 times at home. Assuming you take 2/3 from the Rox, the Giants would need to take 3/4 from the Pads to force a 163 @ SF with the loser likely hosting the WC game.

I had it my head we went 2.5 up, not three. Correct.

And I do see the Dodgers taking 2/3 from Rockies. But the Dodgers will lose two in Chicago, bank on it.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I do see the Dodgers taking 2/3 from Rockies. But the Dodgers will lose two in Chicago, bank on it.

You could make some nice money betting that, with that much assurance.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, the Cubs are BAD.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, the Cubs are BAD.

Cubs are free swingers, but Roberto Hernandez has been total shit of late. No control. Followed by bullpen by committee? Our bullpen is mostly shite too.

Cubs pounced on us in LA because they can hit shit pitching.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget LA im worried about Pitt, they don't ever lose it seems

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol ok, bud

you're so pessimistic, lol... I'm not saying the division is over for sure, but we look real good, especially if San Diego can hang on tonight and maybe even win another game in this series.