• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/22 Snelk @ Kansas Citians

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see him as a Verlander or Martin Scherzer who are still pitching in their older age. Keep in mind, Timmy, Bum and Cain were done by 32 years of age. And as impressive as Snell has been this year, the odds of him keeping it up are quite low. Maybe 1-2 years of high quality pitching, then what 4-5 years of lost money and a roster spot. Odds of him lasting the contract I would guess is very low. Very tempting with how he is doing this year, but to be the highest bidder we would be over paying for years.

Plus I don’t think even if we match the top bid, I think he will go with a contender over us. He pitches well but we don’t give him support for the win, naw he wants the numbers to show how well he pitched.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitters won’t sign with us, no matter what, because of the park.

Pitchers will only sign with us if we are the top bidder.

Got it. You hate the park. You have made yourself clear.
We should only sign players who give us a discount.

Got it. You hate competing with the big time teams. You have made yourself clear.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see him as a Verlander or Martin Scherzer who are still pitching in their older age. Keep in mind, Timmy, Bum and Cain were done by 32 years of age. And as impressive as Snell has been this year, the odds of him keeping it up are quite low. Maybe 1-2 years of high quality pitching, then what 4-5 years of lost money and a roster spot. Odds of him lasting the contract I would guess is very low. Very tempting with how he is doing this year, but to be the highest bidder we would be over paying for years.

Plus I don’t think even if we match the top bid, I think he will go with a contender over us. He pitches well but we don’t give him support for the win, naw he wants the numbers to show how well he pitched.
Yeah best thing is to never take a chance on anyone. Just draft a bunch of studs like we always do.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make them agree. I’m tired of this kind of thinking. He’s here now, he says he’ll take our money. So be a top bidder and sign him, or keep being some middling team that doesn’t make meaningful moves.

In 2010 all the aces were homegrown. This time we have to add them.
Again, it's a two to tango thing. I've no doubt we'll be a top bidder. Will it be enough? Maybe.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it's a two to tango thing. I've no doubt we'll be a top bidder. Will it be enough? Maybe.
If we’re a top bidder and he still doesn’t sign that’s fine, he clearly plays well for us. But pay the top bid and secure him.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonight we've got Carny at DH, Schmitt at 2b and CrayCary in CF. LHP so LWJ sits for Canha.