• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers Fan Fatally Stabbed After Dodgers-Giants

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Dodgers fan was fatally stabbed following the Dodgers-Giants game on Wednesday, reports Kurtis Alexander and Henry K. Lee of the San Francisco Chronicle. The incident occurred four blocks from AT&T Park in downtown San Francisco at roughly 11:30 p.m.

The victim's name has not yet been released, but police confirmed the man was wearing Dodgers gear and was a fan of the team. Three people have been detained in connection to the stabbing and police are interviewing other witnesses. Here's more from the San Francisco Chronicle report:

Officers responded to reports that 10 people, including both Dodgers and Giants fans, were involved in a fight, with one man armed with a knife and a second man armed with a bat. Further details of how the confrontation occurred have not been released.
Unfortunately, this is not the first time Dodgers-Giants rivalry has turned bloody. Giants fan Bryan Stow was critically injured when he was attacked and beaten by two Dodgers fans following a game at Dodger Stadium in 2011.

UPDATE: The victim has been identified as 24-year-old Jonathan Denver. The Giants released the following statement:

We were deeply saddened to learn of last night's horrific incident that occurred several blocks from the ballpark and resulted in the tragic death of 24-year old Jonathan Denver. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family during this difficult time.

While details are still emerging, we want to be clear that there is absolutely no place in our community for this type of senseless violence.

The Giants are working with the San Francisco Police Department to step up enforcement in and around the ballpark tonight and throughout the rest of this final home stand. We will also observe a moment of silence in memory of Mr. Denver before tonight's game.

Condolences to Mr. Denver's friends and family

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP to Mr. Denver but maybe now Giants fans will shut up about our fans and see that people are the same no matter what team they root for, and some of them are retarded.

EDIT: I actually didn't see that he had died at first, tragic story.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shame. I hope that police will be able to control the angry, violent Giants fans at tonight's game.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Mr. Denver is okay but maybe now Giants fans will shut up about our fans and see that people are the same no matter what team they root for, and some of them are retarded.

He's not okay. He died at the hospital. Stupid, senseless violence. And the punks that did this weren't even at the game. Just some big mouthed (probably drunk) idiots that have no self control. It's a friggin' game for crying out loud. Disgusting.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...the biggest problem is we as Dodger fans get generalized as a group, when in fact we all know there's knuckleheads everywhere, I tried explaining this to a Diamondback fan the other day, I'm sure some will say he had it coming because Dodger fans are assholes, I'm used to being profiled as asshole cause I'm a Dodger fan, but I have a lot of friends that are Giant fans, My wife used to go to SDSU and she's a Padre fan, my youngest goes to ASU so we all root for the Sun devils even though I was a life fan of USC....

It's a game folks, I prayed for Mr.Stow when he was senselessly beaten and my prayers are for Mr.Denver and his family and friends...we need to stop this senseless violence at sporting events, I'm one to never turn down a beer and I would agree to ban alcohol if it would help but I fear that the people doing this crap don't need any substances to do the things they do...
Hopefully they make an example of these idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...the biggest problem is we as Dodger fans get generalized as a group, when in fact we all know there's knuckleheads everywhere, I tried explaining this to a Diamondback fan the other day, I'm sure some will say he had it coming because Dodger fans are assholes, I'm used to be profiled as asshole cause I'm a Dodger fan, but I have a lot of friends that our Giant fans, My wife used to go to SDSU and she's a Padre fan, my youngest goes to ASU so we all root for the Sun devils even though I was a life fan of USC....

It's a game folks, I prayed for Mr.Stow when he was senselessly beaten and my prayers are for Mr.Denver and his family and friends...we need to stop this senseless violence at sporting events, I'm one to never turn down a beer and I would agree to ban alcohol if it would help but I fear that the people doing this crap don't need any substances to do the things they do...

Keep preaching Mr. Sublime.

More people need to be heeding your words, and learning both not to gereralize, and not to lump people into groups.

There are bad apples everywhere. Nobody is immune, and, no fan base is without.

So, call out the people and perpitrators, and leave the teams they root for out of it, so as not to have a negitive feeling over a whole group, when the blame lies on one or only a few individuals.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was in high school I remember talking trash to a kid who was wearing a Giants hat. Nothing bad just the typical "why are you wearing a Giants hat?" type stuff. I used to talk to my teacher a lot about sports, and I remember him scolding me pretty bad about that incident. I never understood that but now when I see these things in the news it really hits home. It's just a game guys, at the end of the day it should be about having fun win or lose.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was in high school I remember talking trash to a kid who was wearing a Giants hat. Nothing bad just the typical "why are you wearing a Giants hat?" type stuff. I used to talk to my teacher a lot about sports, and I remember him scolding me pretty bad about that incident. I never understood that but now when I see these things in the news it really hits home. It's just a game guys, at the end of the day it should be about having fun win or lose.

For me, it's kinda like those old cartoons... Sheepdog Sam & Ralph Coyote (played by Wile E. Coyote ;))... We walk into the park & bust each other's chops during the game and at the end of it, you clock out and we're cool again.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it's kinda like those old cartoons... Sheepdog Sam & Ralph Coyote (played by Wile E. Coyote ;))... We walk into the park & bust each other's chops during the game and at the end of it, you clock out and we're cool again.

If only.......

You speak like someone who has not had batteries thrown at them, or beer poured on them, just for wearing a different color, and, for telling folks to look at the standing before they say a certain team sucks.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...the biggest problem is we as Dodger fans get generalized as a group, when in fact we all know there's knuckleheads everywhere, I tried explaining this to a Diamondback fan the other day, I'm sure some will say he had it coming because Dodger fans are assholes, I'm used to being profiled as asshole cause I'm a Dodger fan, but I have a lot of friends that are Giant fans, My wife used to go to SDSU and she's a Padre fan, my youngest goes to ASU so we all root for the Sun devils even though I was a life fan of USC....

You said it perfectly! I hate when people make assumptions about me and my character because I am a Dodger fan! You have bad apples in EVERY fanbase but it is easy to make blanket statements about la fans instead of seeing that we do have some good fans. I hope Mr. Denver's family can find some sort of peace from this tragedy and I hope the victim rests in peace.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope no Giants fans murder any Padres fans just because they're angry about the standings after the game tonight.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I fear for Padres fans' safety after the outcome of today's game. I hope they all get out okay. :hope:

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not hard to generalize. The guy was hanging out with his dad. Some typical Giants fan walked up and hit on the guy. The guy said. "I'M NOT GAY".

The gay Giants fan attacked him feeling he was entitled to do so since they all should be accepted by everyone and are entitled to everything and anything including special rights to kill a straight person that isn't interested in them.

There. Generalization at its finest.

:omg:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My girlfriend is a Giants fan.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone else been murdered by Giants fans lately?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it that the Giants fan who murdered the Dodgers fan is still not even locked up? "We need more evidence" the prosecutor says? After they already arrested the guy everyone knows did it and released him? Does something seem a little fishy here?