• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

do you or dont you

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this.............A guy who not only consistent in his ability to catch the ball, but because of his size and speed commands extra special attention, opens the field for others to flourish, and is able to go up an get the ball over shorter and taller DB's. Who is this guy? In a more pass friendly offense that Mr. Gruden promises, it has to be any of the bigger wide-outs that Coach wishes to have.

Now some say that P. Garcon is that guy......I happen to disagree. Some say that we cannot up-grade (above and beyond Garcon) at the WR position.......I happen to disagree......and ....some say that, the team could never bring in a guy who has the ability to supplant P. Garcon as the #1.........again, I disagree.

Sty... just say it.. you want Dez Bryant.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this.............A guy who not only consistent in his ability to catch the ball, but because of his size and speed commands extra special attention, opens the field for others to flourish, and is able to go up an get the ball over shorter and taller DB's. Who is this guy? In a more pass friendly offense that Mr. Gruden promises, it has to be any of the bigger wide-outs that Coach wishes to have.

Now some say that P. Garcon is that guy......I happen to disagree. Some say that we cannot up-grade (above and beyond Garcon) at the WR position.......I happen to disagree......and ....some say that, the team could never bring in a guy who has the ability to supplant P. Garcon as the #1.........again, I disagree.

who said that STY ? i didnt

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Terrell Owens was not a #1 because he didn't consistently catch the ball?

That also means Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and a littany of other HOF WRs were never a #1 WR because they were not a "big WR?"

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Terrell Owens was not a #1 because he didn't consistently catch the ball?

That also means Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and a littany of other HOF WRs were never a #1 WR because they were not a "big WR?"

That's silly and you know it, they were #1's because they were the best that they had at the time. Notice though that that too changed when they were able to get better at the position for whatever reason. You're suggesting that Washington cannot get better than P. Garcon.....I disagree!!

BTW: it is interesting that you've listed, R. Wayne, who was the #1 to....... ready?.........P. Garcon. Why? Practically the same size, but better speed, better hands, more reliable. Careful, you're beginning to make my point for me.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's silly and you know it, they were #1's because they were the best that they had at the time. Notice though that that too changed when they were able to get better at the position for whatever reason. You're suggesting that Washington cannot get better than P. Garcon.....I disagree!!

BTW: it is interesting that you've listed, R. Wayne, who was the #1 to....... ready?.........P. Garcon. Why? Practically the same size, but better speed, better hands, more reliable. Careful, you're beginning to make my point for me.

Marvin Harrison was the #1 to who? Reggie Wayne. See what I did there?

There is more to the WR position than size and speed. I do believe that those are two major factors to what I call a true #1...a guy who is going to get his unless you triple team him like they do Megatron on the goal line. The only "true #1s" in my book, guys no matter what team you put them on and in what system, are Megatron, Josh Gordon, Dez Bryant (to an extent), AJ Green (to an extent), and Julio Jones (to an extent).

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Harrison was the #1 to who? Reggie Wayne. See what I did there?

There is more to the WR position than size and speed. I do believe that those are two major factors to what I call a true #1...a guy who is going to get his unless you triple team him like they do Megatron on the goal line. The only "true #1s" in my book, guys no matter what team you put them on and in what system, are Megatron, Josh Gordon, Dez Bryant (to an extent), AJ Green (to an extent), and Julio Jones (to an extent).

Sooooooo, we agree then? that outside of the names that you've mentioned some with the caveat "to an extent" it is possible that another player could come in and supplant Garcon as the #1 here........right??

I did see what you did there and it confirms my point, see what I did there??

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there are players that can come here and supplant Garcon. There aren't any that will do so day one in this draft and none available in FA though. Garcon is better than everybody available and he's better than Reggie Wayne now.

I have no idea what point I proved of yours so I have no idea what you did there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooooo, we agree then? that outside of the names that you've mentioned some with the caveat "to an extent" it is possible that another player could come in and supplant Garcon as the #1 here........right??

I did see what you did there and it confirms my point, see what I did there??

what does this have to do with anything we are discussing ? the debate is whether garcon is a number one wr . yes he is . can someone take his job ? sure a, better NUMBER ONE could come along

the fact is garcon is better then at least 20 number ones employed in the nfl currently

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the money is right, absolutely. Line still needs to be addressed, but Jackson would make that offense go, and be a huge upgrade.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offensive system is what made Art Monk great. He didn't do much outside of DC. the constant was the system and Joe Gibbs.

What has any of the #1 WRs ever accomplished in today's game? Who was the last true #1 WR to win a SB?

Fitz isn't a #1 BTW.

Fitz is hands down the best WR in the league.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the best in the league by a long shot. He has the best hands in the league, the best range every direction but straight up, and no one is even in his ball park.

Put him with a real QB and he'd shatter records.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have the best hands...that is likely Alshon Jeffery.

The best range goes to Megatron in all direction.

Plus Megatron has good hands, great speed, and great size. Do you really believe Matt Stafford is much better than Carson Palmer. Oh...Fitz didn't break a thousand for the second straight season; however, his teammate did. Fitz doesn't get the separation required to be great.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry doesn't just have the best hands. There isn't a second that is even in a discussion on hands.

Megatron only beats him straight up. Any other direction Fitzgerald's range dwarfs his.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry doesn't just have the best hands. There isn't a second that is even in a discussion on hands.

Megatron only beats him straight up. Any other direction Fitzgerald's range dwarfs his.

You cannot back these statements up in the least bit.

Fitz has never had a single season like Megatron's average last two seasons.

Fitz didn't even reach 1,000 yards but his teammate did.

Fitz has no speed and can't separate at all. At this point...he's a #2 WR on a bad offense...but he's a great #2.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald has never had a QB even on Stafford's level throwing him the football. A WR cannot produce without catchable balls. It's not possible.

He is better at literally everything but straight up jump balls than Calvin Johnson. Every single other aspect of his skill set is better, usually much better.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does this have to do with anything we are discussing ? the debate is whether garcon is a number one wr . yes he is . can someone take his job ? sure a, better NUMBER ONE could come along

the fact is garcon is better then at least 20 number ones employed in the nfl currently

I think that you've answered your own question when you said..........."can someone take his job ? sure a, better NUMBER ONE could come along."

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that you've answered your own question when you said..........."can someone take his job ? sure a, better NUMBER ONE could come along."

Dude that could be said about any player at almost any position not named Peyton Manning. Until some one comes along and outperforms Garcon on THIS team, he is a number one WR period. Should we look to upgrade?? Sure we should. But we should look to upgrade at every position on the roster after a 3-13 season. And I do mean every position.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald has never had a QB even on Stafford's level throwing him the football. A WR cannot produce without catchable balls. It's not possible.

He is better at literally everything but straight up jump balls than Calvin Johnson. Every single other aspect of his skill set is better, usually much better.

You are full of shit. Sorry but you are and you can't defend your own statement on this. If Stafford was much better than everybody who has ever thrown to Fitz, Stafford would be fine without Megatron in the lineup correct? You may want to look at those results.

Oh...HOF QB Kurt Warner threw to Fitz...Stafford will never see the HOF but he will have prolific numbers because of Megatron.

Megatron has a much larger catch radius than Fitz and gains separation. Has Fitz ever had three people dedicated to him at the LOS? HELL NO.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The warner that played in Arizona was awful.