• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

do you or dont you

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The warner that played in Arizona was awful.
thats retarded. he went to a super bowl with them, health and age were holding him back a bit though. still had a few good years.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald has never had a QB even on Stafford's level throwing him the football. A WR cannot produce without catchable balls. It's not possible.

He is better at literally everything but straight up jump balls than Calvin Johnson. Every single other aspect of his skill set is better, usually much better.
show me one good game stafford has had when calvin was injured. his accuracy is shit, 58.5 completion %. hes due for a good year though, with the coaches they brought in.

ive watched basically every one of calvins games. he is better than fitz and i am a huge fitz fan. calvin gets doubled on most plays. calvin is an amazing route runner, thats why the lions put him in the slot so much, calvin does it all better than everyone. his one downfall is his health, hes ALWAYS hurt, he hardly ever practices during mid season. he even had two surgeries this off season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that you've answered your own question when you said..........."can someone take his job ? sure a, better NUMBER ONE could come along."

you cant be this silly

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys do you really think Philly just let a receiver like Jackson go because their were no issues ? Where there is smoke the fire is not far behind. If I am the front office folks in DC I stay away from Jackson Period. Signing him is like sticking your hand into a sack of rattlesnakes and being surprised when you get bit. Its going to happen too some team just hope its not the one you root for. JMHO

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They let him go because he was due 10 per and didn't fit their offense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are full of shit. Sorry but you are and you can't defend your own statement on this. If Stafford was much better than everybody who has ever thrown to Fitz, Stafford would be fine without Megatron in the lineup correct? You may want to look at those results.

Oh...HOF QB Kurt Warner threw to Fitz...Stafford will never see the HOF but he will have prolific numbers because of Megatron.

Megatron has a much larger catch radius than Fitz and gains separation. Has Fitz ever had three people dedicated to him at the LOS? HELL NO.

last i checked warner wasnt a HOF qb did he get in this year ? he is a iowa barnstormers HOF er

and matt stafford is surely better then the immortal ryan lindley , kevin kolb , brian hoyer and let us not forget our boy skelton

carson palmer has never had the passing yard seasons stafford has had in 5038 4967 or 4650 nor has he had 41 tds in a season

stafford has his faults for sure but he isnt chopped liver

last i checked johnson had 1964 yds in staffords 5000 yd bonanza which leaves about 3100 yds in receptions for everyone else

fitz had 954 yds last season but you failed to mention he had 82 catches and 10 tds

fitz had a 1400 yd season WITH skelton and kolb tossing him the ball

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They let him go because he was due 10 per and didn't fit their offense.

What? Didn't fit their offense? He just had a career year. While his 10 mil price tag was more than he was actually worth, they can't replace him on that team for that cap savings.

There is a character flaw there and it's likely just like Vicks. Even if he's not guilty, he's guilty by association. In an organization such as football, the crowd you "roll with" is every bit as important as your actual actions. If Jackson is too arrogant or too stupid to keep hanging around with gang members (the wrong element) then this is what happens. The organization doesn't want to be associated with him.

Now at a severely reduced price tag, organizations will sacrifice substance for ability but they won't bet on it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly clearly felt he didn't fit in their long term plans on offense. Better to take the hit now than drag it out.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last i checked warner wasnt a HOF qb did he get in this year ? he is a iowa barnstormers HOF er

and matt stafford is surely better then the immortal ryan lindley , kevin kolb , brian hoyer and let us not forget our boy skelton

carson palmer has never had the passing yard seasons stafford has had in 5038 4967 or 4650 nor has he had 41 tds in a season

stafford has his faults for sure but he isnt chopped liver

last i checked johnson had 1964 yds in staffords 5000 yd bonanza which leaves about 3100 yds in receptions for everyone else

fitz had 954 yds last season but you failed to mention he had 82 catches and 10 tds

fitz had a 1400 yd season WITH skelton and kolb tossing him the ball

Warner is not in yet but he will be.

Joe Montana (never threw for 4,000) and Steve Young (threw 4,100 as his best) never had those passing yards either...do you really want to go there? Hell, Peyton never threw for 5,000 before last season.

Fitz had 1,400 yards 3 years ago. It was very impressive considering who was throwing to him. That was 3 years ago. This is today. 82 catches is a good season and 10 TDs is great...but what are you doing in the middle? Guys aren't exactly triple teaming Fitz near the end zone and he wasn't even their most prolific WR in ARI.

Calvin Johnson missed week 17 against Minnesota and Stafford had only 217 yards passing in a loss.
Calvin Johnson missed week 5 agaisnt GB and Stafford threw for 262 but was down by 19 and got 78 of those yards when the game was over on his last drive and 48 more on the drive prior.

There are two reasons Stafford throws for a lot of yards...he throws to Megatron...and he throws a lot. In 2012 he threw for a record 727 times.

Let's compare Stafford and Palmer in 2013...

Attempts- Stafford was 3rd with 634 while Palmer was 10th at 572.
Completion percentage- Stafford was 30th at 58.5 while Palmer was 11th at 63.3.
Yards- Stafford was 3rd with 4650 and Palmer was 8th with 4274.
YPA- Stafford was 11 and Palmer was 9 which means if they had the same number of throws, Palmer would have more yards.
TDs and INT- go slightly to Stafford but let's look at one reason for that...sacks...Stafford 23 and Palmer 41.

Last season...Palmer was better than Stafford and Fitz still hasn't done anything the last two seasons...while Megatron has put up more than 1900 yards and over 1400 yards (while missing two games).

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer isn't in the ballpark of stafford, and Stafford's not even special. More importantly, Stafford's strength matches Johnson's ability to catch jump balls perfectly. It's like Dante Culpepper throwing to Randy Moss. He may not have been elite but he had the arm to get the ball down the field. Palmer has nothing. No arm strength, not particularly good accuracy, and no ability to take advantage of the best receiver in football. You put Calvin there his numbers are far worse than fitzgerald's. Palmer can't use him.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's reality. Put him in Detroit he beats Calvin's record. Put him in New England or Denver and he tears it to pieces.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's reality. Put him in Detroit he beats Calvin's record. Put him in New England or Denver and he tears it to pieces.

Fitz has no ability to run after the catch...that's why he is down as far as he is. He can't get separation in the least bit. You can make claims all you want but you have no evidence to support what you are saying. I showed evidence and you simply can't accept it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is better after the catch than Calvin. He is a better route runner than Calvin. Calvin has average hands and Fitz has hands down the best in the league. Fitz has more range in every direction but straight up for passes. Fitz is more athletic. Everything but verticality straight up, Fitz blows Calvin away. Calvin isn't close in any other category.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is better after the catch than Calvin. He is a better route runner than Calvin. Calvin has average hands and Fitz has hands down the best in the league. Fitz has more range in every direction but straight up for passes. Fitz is more athletic. Everything but verticality straight up, Fitz blows Calvin away. Calvin isn't close in any other category.

Keep talking...you just make yourself look stupid. If he's better after the catch, why does he have 150 yards less after the catch on the same amount of catches?

Fitz does have better hands but that's just an opinion still. Alshon Jeffrey has the best hands in the league though.

Everything else you are saying is an opinion and there isn't a reason anybody should believe it. Ask people around the league who the best in the game is and rank where Fitz falls out. Not one will take Fitz over Calvin. I'm willing to bet Josh Gordon, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, AJ Green, and Julio Jones would be near unanimous over Fitz. I'd bet Alshon Jeffery, Brandon Marshall, and Andre Johnson would be taken over Fitz. There would also be a fair share that take Garcon and a couple more over him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude that could be said about any player at almost any position not named Peyton Manning. Until some one comes along and outperforms Garcon on THIS team, he is a number one WR period. Should we look to upgrade?? Sure we should. But we should look to upgrade at every position on the roster after a 3-13 season. And I do mean every position.

I've said as much from the beginning, I have never said that he is NOT a number one ON THIS TEAM!!! Just that instead of attempting to find a number 2 to him that the team would be better off attempting to find a player with the skillset to push him to #2. How cool would it be to have a player who's able make P. Garcon more dangerous?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said as much from the beginning, I have never said that he is NOT a number one ON THIS TEAM!!! Just that instead of attempting to find a number 2 to him that the team would be better off attempting to find a player with the skillset to push him to #2. How cool would it be to have a player who's able make P. Garcon more dangerous?

Well looks like they are trying to give you your wish Sty. Although I think any competent WR would make Garcon more dangerous just for the fact that teams WONT be able to just play him man up with a safety over the top if we have other recieving threats on the field. And Im sorry i know you will disagree. But garcon one on one is just as deadly as any #1 out there.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well looks like they are trying to give you your wish Sty. Although I think any competent WR would make Garcon more dangerous just for the fact that teams WONT be able to just play him man up with a safety over the top if we have other recieving threats on the field. And Im sorry i know you will disagree. But garcon one on one is just as deadly as any #1 out there.

No, I won't totally disagree because of the way the whole McNabb thing played out I don't trust anything coming out of Philly. I'm gonna take a wait and see approach on this one. Maybe you guys are right and Garcon will continue to be the guy. I still like the idea of picking your poison when Garcon is that second option and single covered.