• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you dare root for the Yankees?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always root against them out of principle, but should the Giants make the World Series, it would benefit them to see the Yankees-Rangers series go 7 games, as Cliff Lee would be the Game 7 pitcher, making him unavailable for Game 1 of the World Series.

Heck, the Yankees might even be the easier prey since Teixeira's out, ARod is giving his typical postseason performance, and their starting pitching has been suspect. Plus, those Rangers are starting to look like the 2002 Angels to me. Everyone is just rakin'. And, of course, they have Cliff Lee.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always root against them out of principle, but should the Giants make the World Series, it would benefit them to see the Yankees-Rangers series go 7 games, as Cliff Lee would be the Game 7 pitcher, making him unavailable for Game 1 of the World Series.

Heck, the Yankees might even be the easier prey since Teixeira's out, ARod is giving his typical postseason performance, and their starting pitching has been suspect. Plus, those Rangers are starting to look like the 2002 Angels to me. Everyone is just rakin'. And, of course, they have Cliff Lee.

+1. Chalk up yet another fan for the Evil Empire (only briefly, though).

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Yankees , Fuck their fans , and fuck the fucking Diaz brothers !

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of the game, I am rooting for the Rangers. Fuck the Evil Empire.

As a strategic Giants fan, I am rooting for the Spanks. We match up REAL well against them, and I think they will be an easier opponent.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bengie vs Posey would be interesting. Bengie believe it or not has been raking thus far in the playoffs(.1061 OPS).

I think the Yanks are an easier opponent. No one besides C.C. really scares me in that rotation. The Rangers not only have Cliff Lee, they have CJ Wilson, Colby Lewis, and Tommy Hunter. That matches up against our 4 much better than the Yanks IMO.

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All my life I wanted to see a Yankees/Giants World Series but there's no way I could ever root for the Yanks , so I would be happy to see Texas .

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can think of at least 206,000,000 reasons why I don't like the Yanks.

What worries me about Texas is that they are arguable even more of a Cinderella story than the Giants. Giants fans have been using that word Destiny again; if any team is playing with a destiny vibe right now, it's Texas.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All my life I wanted to see a Yankees/Giants World Series but there's no way I could ever root for the Yanks , so I would be happy to see Texas .

I completely agree with this.

Plus freeport has the best pic so when looking at that pic I am liable to agree with anything

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can think of at least 206,000,000 reasons why I don't like the Yanks.

What worries me about Texas is that they are arguable even more of a Cinderella story than the Giants. Giants fans have been using that word Destiny again; if any team is playing with a destiny vibe right now, it's Texas.

exactly CC.

Since someone else pointed it out, I feel my jinx tag is lifted. The Giants are best when playing the underdog. Only Texas is more underdogish..