• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we start giving Wimbush reps in practice this week?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one play from being our starter. I know that they wanted him to sit this year, but it might be time to see if he's as good as they say.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think that's a given. Unless you think we'd be better off with Montgomery Van Gorder.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% start wimbush. im sorry kizer was bad besides that last throw. we went from a playoff team to a 8-4 team. kelly has his excuse. being a ND fan is tough. these last 5 years with transfer, suspension, injuries its hard to take in

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem now is, who is going to be our holder on PKs. That was Kizer's job and I doubt he'll be out there doing it now that he's the starter. This was a problem for us last year and its one more headache now to deal with.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wimbush will get reps and they'll try to bring him up to speed as much as possible with the offense. The holder issue is a big deal but at least it's early in the season and someone else can do it. Honestly at this point Van Gorder might be the best for the job because if he sees the field in any capacity this year other than holding for field goals the season is over.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kizer will still be the holder Kelly said.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have faith in Kizer. He was a highly recruited guy and seems confident. Still has lots of offensive weapons. Just need a game plan that makes it better for him to succeed. Shit guys, Malik has only had 3 career starts and looked like crap against Virginia. I'm not concerned about the offense with him. I'm concerned about the defense stopping anyone.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have faith in Kizer. He was a highly recruited guy and seems confident. Still has lots of offensive weapons. Just need a game plan that makes it better for him to succeed. Shit guys, Malik has only had 3 career starts and looked like crap against Virginia. I'm not concerned about the offense with him. I'm concerned about the defense stopping anyone.
Yes people forget he was a 4 star QB and almost every Big time school was after him, Im one of those who forgot. Im willing to give him a shot and see how he does. Wimbush will see more reps in practice but he also needs to understand that he is the next man up so he better be ready just in case.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Within the last day or two I heard that BK said that Wimbush would not only get more reps in practice, but he will be getting playing time in game for sure. It may not be this week, but his plan seems to be to get him in game reps so that he's got some experience if he is called on long term at any point this season or next.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Within the last day or two I heard that BK said that Wimbush would not only get more reps in practice, but he will be getting playing time in game for sure. It may not be this week, but his plan seems to be to get him in game reps so that he's got some experience if he is called on long term at any point this season or next.
I agree, its not the end of the world. If he doesn't play next year it will be like a redshirt. Am I wrong on that. I don't think it matters what year u redshirt. Just in most cases its your freshmen year.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, its not the end of the world. If he doesn't play next year it will be like a redshirt. Am I wrong on that. I don't think it matters what year u redshirt. Just in most cases its your freshmen year.

I'm pretty sure you're right about that. For example, players are sometimes granted a "medical redshirt" after getting injured and it's not always in their freshmen year. I'm not on the up and up with my NCAA rules and regs, but I feel like you're right. It may just be a matter of Wimbush/ND having to apply for it if he meets the requirements (no playing time)?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure you're right about that. For example, players are sometimes granted a "medical redshirt" after getting injured and it's not always in their freshmen year. I'm not on the up and up with my NCAA rules and regs, but I feel like you're right. It may just be a matter of Wimbush/ND having to apply for it if he meets the requirements (no playing time)?

As far as the NCAA is concerned, you have 5 years to use your 4 years of eligibility. You can apply for a 6th year due to injury but that is rare. (Jarrett Grace might qualify) no way Zaire gets a 6th year because while he sat out his freshman year but no injury mandated it. ND rules have been that you must graduate to get your 5th year, (it seems like Kelly might be trying to change that) while the NCAA doesn't care, as long as you are in good academic standing. Which is probably why Ishaq Williams couldn't transfer (I think)

I think Wimbush has to get some playing time. You can't just play one guy all year, and Van Gorder's kid is next on the depth chart after Wimbush. We lose a lot after this year, saving Wimbush (if he is better than Kizer) makes no sense.