• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we have a CBA strife thread yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously would not know what to do. The Flyers are like 95% of my entire life.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've always got the Rangers, Devils and Coyotes

Oh, wait...

Anyone but the Kings :D

(Really, anyone but Jeff Carter)

((But really, anyone but the Kings))

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CKNW ‏@CKNW
#Vancouver #Canucks have confirmed #Penticton Young Stars Tourney has been cancelled due to coming summer #nhl #nhlpa negotiations.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously would not know what to do. The Flyers are like 95% of my entire life.

This. At least this. SportsHoopla takes up 95% of the other 5%.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fear is the inability to get things moving, might just sway the answer from number 5 for the Wings...... I know he usually make his decision to return or not before July but......

:mmph:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example of why this is suicide for the league that's finally gaining speed/attention:

I basically showed my roommate the "light" last year when I took her to the Pens game in CBus, now she watches Pens and Hawks games pretty regularly. She's been to 3 Pens games and 1 Hawks game now, has an Orpik jersey, some other memorabilia, etc. She's taking time to learn the rules, yadda yadda yadda...Well, I mentioned that I was excited for September because my shows were going on break, but said "But we may not have hockey." That absolutely crushed her. "WHAT?! I just got into this sport! They can't take it away now! WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!" <===THAT is why there can NOT be a lengthy lockout of any sort.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example of why this is suicide for the league that's finally gaining speed/attention:

I basically showed my roommate the "light" last year when I took her to the Pens game in CBus, now she watches Pens and Hawks games pretty regularly. She's been to 3 Pens games and 1 Hawks game now, has an Orpik jersey, some other memorabilia, etc. She's taking time to learn the rules, yadda yadda yadda...Well, I mentioned that I was excited for September because my shows were going on break, but said "But we may not have hockey." That absolutely crushed her. "WHAT?! I just got into this sport! They can't take it away now! WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!" <===THAT is why there can NOT be a lengthy lockout of any sort.

Unfortunately when the billionaires go to war with the millionaires, it's the fans that suffer.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately when the billionaires go to war with the millionaires, it's the fans that suffer.

She basically asked me who to side with, and I told her the players (especially considering how much they gave up last time), and she said "But, Mario doesn't feel that way, does he?" ...I think I *may* have painted a rather saintly image of the man for her.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
She basically asked me who to side with, and I told her the players (especially considering how much they gave up last time), and she said "But, Mario doesn't feel that way, does he?" ...I think I *may* have painted a rather saintly image of the man for her.

tell her that St. Mario once held Pittsburgh for ransom and threatened to move the team to Kansas City.
that should knock him back to at least demi-god status for her. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell her that St. Mario once held Pittsburgh for ransom and threatened to move the team to Kansas City.
that hold knock him back to at least demi-god status for her. :D

I mean...it worked out? Hahaha. I try not to look back at that year too often. *shudders* Too close...tooooo close. I just sort of told her he saved the team approx. a million times. So she bought me a Mario action figure for Christmas. I taught her well. Probably doesn't help that I own an unhealthy amount of Lemieux stuff.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest fear is twofold:

1. Hockey players are not as big of dumbasses as football players and are watching how fucked these idiots are now and therefore won't be duped into signing the second most moronic CBA in sports history (no way it is even possible to surpass the NFL one).

2. The NHL offseason is like a week and a half so they will have to work really fast and I just don't see that happening.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good piece from Bucky, owners are making tons of money, players are doing pretty good as well, sounds like it should be a no-brainer to tweak a few things and avoid a work stoppage.

So why am I'm worried they're gonna find a way to screw things up?

images

+

images

=

seats-in-empty-arena.jpg

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there is a lockout, i can't see it being an entire season again. i know bettman is a dumb but he can't be that dumb can he?

Status
Not open for further replies.