• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we get screwed by refs weekly?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my memory serves me right, we get one really bad call each week that works against us. We end up getting an apology from the NFL afterwards but it seems like you can count on it. Before this game I knew it was coming and sure enough, the booth won't review the Lions TD. It's getting ridiculous.

To the OP, my bad but I'm a bit confused after reading one of your prior posts:

Don't worry, nobody takes the Niners seriously enough for that tweet to be dug up. It will be forgotten quick.

But yeah, going back to your question, the NFL is progressing somewhat into the NBA, unfortunately, where certain teams get calls going there way. It's not nearly as bad as the NBA, but it's noticeable.

The one thing that's impressing me about this squad is that despite some bad calls (i.e. the false start that should have been an offsides on the 2nd niners possession of the game or the TD catch by Burleson), they are finding ways to overcome them. I can't believe I'm about to say this but our defense is actually pretty damn good. Once Aldon Smith learns the tricks of the trade, you can beat he's going to be pretty solid for years to come. I haven't been this excited since my boy, Andre Carter, played his first 2 seasons in a niners uniform.

This team is starting to create some luck/opportunities for themselves which is a mark of resilient franchise that finds a way to win.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well the Niners did get a break on that 4th down non-PI call with 2 minutes to go.

tough call cause it depends on if the ball was released when he made his move? so if the ball was in flight he has a right to go after it too. because it was a short route, my guess is it wasn't in flight? not enough time to see it released and then step forward?