• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we get screwed by refs weekly?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If my memory serves me right, we get one really bad call each week that works against us. We end up getting an apology from the NFL afterwards but it seems like you can count on it. Before this game I knew it was coming and sure enough, the booth won't review the Lions TD. It's getting ridiculous.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we survived it though. But i understand what you are saying; i was scratching my head on a few of those calls

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
didn't think we got any bad calls? i'm trying to remember but none come to mind?

seriously, we earned those penalties which is WAY too much.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass interference on Carlos Rogers is one that comes to mind. Also the first offside call of the day. The one's that were getting me though were the no call on the Lions. How many times did their players hit our after a play and try to start something without getting flagged for it?

The play were Soap got called for a 15 yard penalty for taking the guys helmet off, a Lions player right in front of the official clearly ran up and shoved one of the 49ers to the ground a good few seconds after the play was dead. How do you call a penalty on Soap but let the Lions get away with something far worst?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The pass interference on Carlos Rogers is one that comes to mind. Also the first offside call of the day. The one's that were getting me though were the no call on the Lions. How many times did their players hit our after a play and try to start something without getting flagged for it?

The play were Soap got called for a 15 yard penalty for taking the guys helmet off, a Lions player right in front of the official clearly ran up and shoved one of the 49ers to the ground a good few seconds after the play was dead. How do you call a penalty on Soap but let the Lions get away with something far worst?

yeah, there might've been so 'no calls' on the Lions.

but this is different from having bad calls on us.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the lack of a full video review on pettigrew's TD was an awful call. i thought the ball was moving when he had it and clearly he didn't finish the catch. the league is very inconsistent in how it defines a "catch" and how it reviews all scoring plays. if the opposing coach feels like the head official should get a look at the replay then that's what should happen. the new rule is screwy.

i also thought on vanden bosch's strip of alex that he was offsides on the play. he jumped the snap and if you look at it closely he was over the line when the ball was snapped. that was a big missed call

those are 2 major calls that did not go in our favor. i think a replay system like the nfl's should have it so that EVERYTHING should be reviewable. keep the rules where the coach is limited to the amount of times he can challenge but everything, including penalties, should be reviewable. it's garbage to only be able to correct certain calls and not others. we have the technology for it...use it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought there were bad calls each way this week. The officiating crew just did a poor job. The penalty on Sopoaga was pretty dubious. The helmet came off, but he didn't pull it off. And I also saw Anthony Davis, on his knees, get pushed over well after that play was whistled dead. I assumed that was the penalty, and was blown away when they called it on Sop. That was one of at least two plays in which Davis was knocked over well after the play ended. For that matter, there was a play in which Avril had to be across the line and they flagged Davis instead. The PI on Rogers was also borderline, but could have gone either way. Walker may not false-started, but Vernon fired off the line a split second later and definitely false-started.

There were some bad calls going the other way, too, though. The horse caller tackle on Gore was complete BS. And I thought Rogers could have been called on the third-down incompletion that ended Detroit's second-to-last drive. He was breaking on the ball, seemingly, but he hit the receiver well before the ball did.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There were bad calls each way, it did appear that missed calls helped the Lions moreso than the Niners.
My biggest question was with the Crabtree catch replay. So if I tap my right foot twice that doesn't count as two feet because both my left and right have touch?! Seems odd, two feet should be two feet either way.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs gave us 5 free yards on the Walker TD drive. They incorrectly spotted the ball to begin our drive.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Refs gave us 5 free yards on the Walker TD drive. They incorrectly spotted the ball to begin our drive.

Good post. I was just going to point that out from the Maoicco article. Now that is bad! In this game it definitely wasn't one sided. As long as things are getting canceled out you just have to roll with it and keep playing through it.

If this was a Singletary coached game, he would have lost his cool and lost us the game.

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There were bad calls each way, it did appear that missed calls helped the Lions moreso than the Niners.
My biggest question was with the Crabtree catch replay. So if I tap my right foot twice that doesn't count as two feet because both my left and right have touch?! Seems odd, two feet should be two feet either way.

I just wanted to add something. Isn't the rule both feet need to be in bounds to complete the catch? That terminology suggests left and right. I know I hear "two feet" a lot, but I just wanted to ask if it was "both feet" instead.

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Wow,I did not even notice that. Now that is really bad. Let us just say this crew sucked.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't necessarily mean bad calls against us directly. But calls that end up screwing us in the long run. What comes to mind in the Lions game is the touchdown where they say he purposely dropped the ball after. The replay clearly shows the ground dislodging it from his hand. I think they just called it that way so they didn't have to deal with what they did the year before with CJ.

But while we're on the topic of the offsides and falsestarts, there's no way you can convince me all of those were are fault. Granted the Niners shot themselves in the foot with a bunch, but not all of them.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is both feet. You can't tap the same foot twice.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just wanted to add something. Isn't the rule both feet need to be in bounds to complete the catch? That terminology suggests left and right. I know I hear "two feet" a lot, but I just wanted to ask if it was "both feet" instead.

Yeah I'm thinking the rule states both feet. But by the rule I could hop five times on my right foot before falling out of bounds and it still not be considered a catch. Seems odd...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't necessarily mean bad calls against us directly. But calls that end up screwing us in the long run. What comes to mind in the Lions game is the touchdown where they say he purposely dropped the ball after. The replay clearly shows the ground dislodging it from his hand. I think they just called it that way so they didn't have to deal with what they did the year before with CJ.

But while we're on the topic of the offsides and falsestarts, there's no way you can convince me all of those were are fault. Granted the Niners shot themselves in the foot with a bunch, but not all of them.

don't recall one where it wasn't earned? we did a poor job with penalties no doubt?

there were a few times i thought we lined up off-sides?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well the Niners did get a break on that 4th down non-PI call with 2 minutes to go.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is both feet. You can't tap the same foot twice.

It's both feet or any part of the body other than the hands.

They really need to re-word the rule though because your foot falls under any part of the body other than the hands.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well the Niners did get a break on that 4th down non-PI call with 2 minutes to go.

It wasn't PI. Rogers had just as much right to be there as the receiver. If it was PI on Rogers, it was also PI on Burleson.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
don't recall one where it wasn't earned? we did a poor job with penalties no doubt?

there were a few times i thought we lined up off-sides?

I swear there was one play where Avril came across the line before Davis moved but Davis was flagged.