• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do The Seahawks Have The 4th Best Secondary?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Griffen as well but both would be an upgrade but both have some miles on those wheels so it's hard to project how effective they would be.

Both played on pretty good defensive lines so the question would be is how well they would do when they don't have other guys taking the team's focus away from them.

Still the Hawks need someone because it doesn't matter how good the secondary is the other offenses in the NFC West and even the NFC in general will find the weak spots and get guys open if you give them enough time to develop plays.

So true. The NFCW has some excellent WRs and without that pass rush they'll get open with ease.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A secondary depends a lot on how much pressure you put on a QB even if they are talented.

They are middle of the pack at best :comeatmebro:

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A secondary depends a lot on how much pressure you put on a QB even if they are talented.

I’ll take middle of the pack over the shit show they fielded last year

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We do need a better pass rush, because that does help the secondary big time, BUT, we have more talent than last year in our secondary that can't be argued... Now we wait and see how they play together, and can we get a better pass rush....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM were are here!

Anyway like someone says on paper we are better but I have always stood by notion that games aren't won on paper we will see how well they work together when the season starts.

Money games are won on paper.....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh... lot of unknowns. ON PAPER IMO they have the best secondary. You have the #2 rated corner last year who was cleared, Diggs is a very serviceable safety, Adams is the best strong/box safety in the league (And Carroll knows how to use it) and Griffin is a very good corner.

That said, 50% of that cast is completely unknown, has not played together, and has dealt with injuries. POTENTIAL wise, #1 in the league IMO. But that's not a reason to place them #1 let alone top 3. I think top 5 is about right. Seems like an educated opinion at the moment.
A regular "Dream Team" a, Shark?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rank them about 23rd

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

They work more in tandem but I do think the pass rush helps the secondary more than the secondary helps the pass rush.

Your pass rush isn't going to hit home instantly all the time so a quality secondary who can force the QB to have to go beyond his 2nd read can buy the pass rush more time to hit home.

The issue with the secondary is typically an offense's 3rd or 4th guy is going to be better than the defenses 3rd or 4th guy and the other issue is that good offensive minded coaches will find the weak links and exploit them.

With the pass rush it really boils down to if your guys can block their guys and if they can't it's really going to cripple you on offense because you'll need to keep an extra blocker in or you have to limit the passes you can throw.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They work more in tandem but I do think the pass rush helps the secondary more than the secondary helps the pass rush.

Your pass rush isn't going to hit home instantly all the time so a quality secondary who can force the QB to have to go beyond his 2nd read can buy the pass rush more time to hit home.

The issue with the secondary is typically an offense's 3rd or 4th guy is going to be better than the defenses 3rd or 4th guy and the other issue is that good offensive minded coaches will find the weak links and exploit them.

With the pass rush it really boils down to if your guys can block their guys and if they can't it's really going to cripple you on offense because you'll need to keep an extra blocker in or you have to limit the passes you can throw.
That's exactly my thoughts on secondary play. A good pass defense has to get pressure on the QB, especially with the DBs hampered by the rules. Even when Seattle had that dominating defense and the LOB, their success was really based on the front shutting down any run game and then Bennett and Avril reaking havoc in the backfield. Without that, they weren't as effective. I can only hope this Hawks team can get enough up front to at least, hurry QBs up and then the secondary can have success. Even getting this defense up into the top 10 would give the Seahawks a legit shot at contending for a SB.